GalaxyCon Info and Roll Call: December 2nd, 2022 - December 4th, 2022 (Columbus, OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed it inside of the forums post, is there a restriction on what kind of weaponry we can bring? Can I bring my "human" weapons

I would also like to restate that my handler is very good about her willingness to help others and where needed. She is not very active in the forums yet, but her name is Sabriel. If any needs help during this period at all, she is a great person to lean on. She will also be rocking a cortana soft suit

Maybe I missed it inside of the forums post, is there a restriction on what kind of weaponry we can bring? Can I bring my "human" weapons
GalaxyCon's website states that "Realistic" and "Replica" firearms are not allowed at the convention.

Jonah followed up and GalaxyCon staff did say they are fine "At the booth," but that might mean that they won't allow you to walk around with them, and they might still try to turn you away at the door with them if you try to come in with later or not as part of the load in or set up. Of course, as many of us have experienced, the security staff and weapon and prop check staff are almost always volunteers who might vary from volunteer to volunteer in what they decide to allow or disallow.

So, I would say possibly plan to bring your Covenant weapons if you have them, but pack your UNSC weapons in your armor tub (NobleofDeath16 can correct me but I believe a portion of the booth is set aside for storage of armor totes and possible suiting up?) but if turned away, we ask that all of you please respect the decision of the conventions on this matter. Calling them out on it and telling them how disappointed you are in their decision or arguing with the Convention's staff is going to do nothing to change the situation and everything to make us as a group look, well.....whiney.

GalaxyCon's website states that "Realistic" and "Replica" firearms are not allowed at the convention.

Jonah followed up and GalaxyCon staff did say they are fine "At the booth," but that might mean that they won't allow you to walk around with them, and they might still try to turn you away at the door with them if you try to come in with later or not as part of the load in or set up. Of course, as many of us have experienced, the security staff and weapon and prop check staff are almost always volunteers who might vary from volunteer to volunteer in what they decide to allow or disallow.

So, I would say possibly plan to bring your Covenant weapons if you have them, but pack your UNSC weapons in your armor tub (NobleofDeath16 can correct me but I believe a portion of the booth is set aside for storage of armor totes and possible suiting up?) but if turned away, we ask that all of you please respect the decision of the conventions on this matter. Calling them out on it and telling them how disappointed you are in their decision or arguing wit the Convention's staff is going to do nothing to change the situation and everything to make us as a group look, well.....whiney.Hey
Thank you! I will plan on having them with me in my gear, but I can leave them at the hotel if need be

I am confirmed BOOTS ON GROUND for saturday! I've never met any of you in person as I will be visiting from the Canadian division, but I look forward to it! I'll look over the time slots for the booth soon. I see that all 16 passes seem to be accounted for, but I don't mind buying my pass.

edit: Tyler2127 cant come, ill claim the pass that would have went to him

Last edited:
Hey all! I've been talking with Ender Of Time and we'll be rooming together with his wife. So, that puts us at 3. If anyone wants to save some cash on a hotel and bunk with us, there's room for one more! @ me or PM if you'd like.

- I'll delete/edit this post once the spots taken, so if you see this, it's still up. Thanks!
If that spot is still open I’d be glad to room with you all, realistically the only way I can be boots on the ground is if me and my girlfriend can room with someone else since money is tight.

If that spot is still open I’d be glad to room with you all, realistically the only way I can be boots on the ground is if me and my girlfriend can room with someone else since money is tight.
Only room for 1 though unfortunately. Already 3 of us; 2 to a bed.

I can help pay for a room.

hey folks, if you're looking for a cheap place to stay, there's a hostel nearby. That's where I plan on staying. $35/night, 5 bed coed dorm.

Last edited:
I can help pay for a room.
Ah, that’d be awesome. From what I saw it’s gonna be $330 for the Hilton, the Hyatt seemingly had no rooms. Shoot me a message and we can get it sorted out, fair warning though we’re only planning to be at Galaxy on Sunday but we’ll be coming down Saturday night

Ah, that’d be awesome. From what I saw it’s gonna be $330 for the Hilton, the Hyatt seemingly had no rooms. Shoot me a message and we can get it sorted out, fair warning though we’re only planning to be at Galaxy on Sunday but we’ll be coming down Saturday night
The Hyatt is literally connected to the Convention Center so it always sells out crazy fast.

OK its not exactly handled. I would like to come down after work Friday (12am) in order to avoid traffic. So I just need a place to crash Friday night and then I can relocate to the other room.

Currently getting the rooming stuff figured out, but I will be boots on the ground for Sunday. Looking forward to seeing ya’ll there!

maybe a hot glue gun and glue stick for fast fix and if we need i can bring a small sewing kit to use for repairs. i can even bring a hot glue gun if need be and glue sticks we will need a a plug or long cord so we can reach the outlet. i will have some nylon and elastic for some repairs.
I have a ryobi battery operated glue gun i can bring for hot fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back