Props Garland's Weapon Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always count on me to be late with whatever it is I promised to do.

Here's the sniper rifle unfolded, at full scale.

I updated the first post, and added box o crayons unfold too, which is human scale.

Whenever people learn about my WIP MKVI suit, they always request tha tI make the sniper rifle. That's probably because it's so impressive looking (and big). This thing is massive; it's 187cm long! That's just over 6 feet.

Good luck to anyone that builds this.

Garland said:
You can always count on me to be late with whatever it is I promised to do.

Here's the sniper rifle unfolded, at full scale.

I updated the first post, and added box o crayons unfold too, which is human scale.

Whenever people learn about my WIP MKVI suit, they always request tha tI make the sniper rifle. That's probably because it's so impressive looking (and big). This thing is massive; it's 187cm long! That's just over 6 feet.

Good luck to anyone that builds this.

What scale would it be if someone 5' 10" would make it to fit themselves?

I'm so excited to build this :D

Last edited by a moderator:
What, you don't want to carry around a gun that's bigger than you are? :D

Alright, let's say Chief is 7ft. That's 213.4cm compared to a 187.5cm weapon, a ratio of 1:0.8786. So that's 177.8cm (5'10") x 0.8786, which equals about 156.2cm.

Garland said:
What, you don't want to carry around a gun that's bigger than you are? :D

Alright, let's say Chief is 7ft. That's 213.4cm compared to a 187.5cm weapon, a ratio of 1:0.8786. So that's 177.8cm (5'10") x 0.8786, which equals about 156.2cm.

Awesome, Thanks.

Got some more stuff done:

H3 frag pdo

MA5K beta model

Yes, K. From Ghosts of Onyx. Need feedback on this one. I have just one reference (the cover) to work from. So this is about as far as I can go. Now it's time for artistic license. Lemme know what details I should add and/or change.

I LOVE YOU!!!!! lol

ive been looking for a M247 Model forever! ill just build this and add the details!

Thanks!

Cheers,
-John-

Garland said:
Got some more stuff done:

H3 frag pdo

MA5K beta model

Yes, K. From Ghosts of Onyx. Need feedback on this one. I have just one reference (the cover) to work from. So this is about as far as I can go. Now it's time for artistic license. Lemme know what details I should add and/or change.

I looked at your MA5K model looking darn good! There is only a few minor things I would change on it. One is the main body forward of the rear receiver. As noted here in this image.
MA5K1.jpg

I Know it looks very square but I would slightly round these edges here. This is a personal thing based on handling real weapons. A very sharp edge here would not work well in the real world.
MA5K2.jpg

Second thing is here. The ammo counter or HUD needs more detail here. I would use the Hud layout from the Battle Rifle for reference here. Other than that your model is very good. I am Looking forward to seeing this one complete and unfolded! Very impressed here Go Go Garland! (y)
One question are you planning on making the second version of the MA5K as pictured on the cover of Ghost of Onyx? Specifically the one held by the Spartan 3. The only difference on that one is, no flash hider and a different fore grip. I have some personal sketches I could send if your interested.

The first area you noted is one of the places I was the unhappiest with. Don't worry, I'll do something with it. Regarding the counter, I didn't think it had one. Link said it doesn't, Halopedia says nothing, and I can't remember. If it it's in the book, or if you really want one, I'll add it.

There's a second version? Guess I'll have to go get out my book; I was just using a small portion of the cover that was scanned.

Sketches? By all means, go ahead and send them.

Garland said:
The first area you noted is one of the places I was the unhappiest with. Don't worry, I'll do something with it. Regarding the counter, I didn't think it had one. Link said it doesn't, Halopedia says nothing, and I can't remember. If it it's in the book, or if you really want one, I'll add it.

There's a second version? Guess I'll have to go get out my book; I was just using a small portion of the cover that was scanned.

Sketches? By all means, go ahead and send them.
Cool glad I could help. As for the ammo counter I'm not sure any of us can say if it has one or not until we see an in game model or get a yes or no from M$oft/Bungie. But if I had to bet my money would say yes. Here is the sketch. Its just my poor handwriting and quick drawing. this is based on a lot of work under a magnifying glass with the cover of GoO and the Halo calendar that has the same art but larger. Also noted one more change that needs to be made on the underside of the top rail, back toward where the Hud would be. If you look closely at the drawing I bet you will see it, if not I will post more info. Off to the right is the alternate fore grip and barrel, hope this helps.

MA5KScan.jpg

Thanks man, that helps a lot. Adding that stuff shouldn't be a problem. Expect an update sometime this week (most likely Saturday, but I'm aiming for earlier).

Absolutely astonishing and exactly what I need for my high detail sniper project... thank you Garland, you are officially my new favorite person in the world ;)

Garland said:
Thanks man, that helps a lot. Adding that stuff shouldn't be a problem. Expect an update sometime this week (most likely Saturday, but I'm aiming for earlier).
Glad I could help. Here is some more images from the Halo Calendar. For some reason the cover from the book GoO is clearer than the calendar but the calendar images are bigger. So I scanned them, hope this helps you out. Looking forward to seeing some sweet PDO's

Spart3closeup2.jpg

Close up of one version of the MA5K from the halo calendar, did my best to clean up the scan with photoshop
Spart3closeup.jpg

Close up of the other MA5K, note the different fore grip.

I'd say the iron sights of an MA5K should mirror those on a BR55 - slightly angled up to the top like a trapeziod or something.

In any case, nice work, and in regards to your scaling: UNSC Marines don't use scaled weapons. Why should I?

@ Crucible: all of my files are scaled 1:1, so just build them as they are. I provided scaling info to bilsy because he requested it.

@ Spartan 161: your images have been a big help to me. Here it is:

MA5K beta model, version 2

Once this version is finished up it'll be no problem to change the barrel and foregrip. Please note that I will release both versions as separate files. But the main version comes first.

oopsgo7.png
I noticed your clip is too big for the stock, might want to fix that. :) also kick ass project.

and

ma5kref1bb2.png

ma5kref2ne8.png

ma5kref3ke3.png

this is the cmt snow grove version that I'm accustomed to, your welcome ;)

Garland said:
@ Crucible: all of my files are scaled 1:1, so just build them as they are. I provided scaling info to bilsy because he requested it.

@ Spartan 161: your images have been a big help to me. Here it is:

MA5K beta model, version 2

Once this version is finished up it'll be no problem to change the barrel and foregrip. Please note that I will release both versions as separate files. But the main version comes first.
I'm glad I could help Garland. Very Very Very Nice work! (y) I Would call this one done. Just needs an unfold and a set scale. Cant wait to see the second version.

Hold up a minute, folks.

I took a few HD closeups of the CMT gun, just for kicks, and you may wanna cross check just in case for anything important.

jufpk3.jpg

2ue2qok.jpg

fxqagi.jpg

259kbvd.jpg

25flsh4.jpg

2w3rhwm.jpg

11u86kg.jpg

See if those help. And don't ask how I got these! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back