Props Garland's Weapon Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip; I've fixed the problem with the clip. Something I was wondering: do you guys want me to leave the ammo counter slanted, or should I straighten it so it's perpendicular to the rest of the gun?

@ Spawn Camp3r & James Falcon: thanks for the screens, but that rifle is another fan's take on the MA5K, and has little bearing on my own. However, would you like me to model that version, as well?

Alright, I'll do it, but I'm going to finish my two models, switch over and finish my H3 shotgun like I promised, and then I'll come back to the CMT MA5K.

Garland said:
Thanks for the tip; I've fixed the problem with the clip. Something I was wondering: do you guys want me to leave the ammo counter slanted, or should I straighten it so it's perpendicular to the rest of the gun?
I would leave it slanted Garland. Looks good the way you have it so far. Excellent work cant wait to see this bad boy done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Garland thanks for the unfolding i started the rifle yesterday and have got about 1/4 of the way through in about 2 hours :( kinda slow.. it's huge to be honest.. Does anyone know what i could use as the barrel? i was thinking pvc pipe but im not sure what diameter i would need?? can anyone help please.

Regards

Venom

PVC could work, but it might warp a little bit, considering how long the barrel is. I'd recommend metal if you can afford/get it. The SR uses a 14.5mm round, so anything close to that would work.

Anyways, here's what I'm calling version 1 of the MA5K.

Enjoy!

Nice, but to me the front where the "barrel" is doesn't feel right to me but if thats how they made it, w/e.
I forgot that the power button should be around the spot of how the assault Rifle is.

Garland said:
PVC could work, but it might warp a little bit, considering how long the barrel is. I'd recommend metal if you can afford/get it. The SR uses a 14.5mm round, so anything close to that would work.

Anyways, here's what I'm calling version 1 of the MA5K.

Enjoy!
Very Nice cant wait to see the next one keep up the great work Garland! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Garland. Does anyone have a length on this puppy? The halopedia doesn't list one and I'm guessing it is shorter than a standard AR but longer than the SMG. Any thoughts on scale?

Well, since I used my AR as a base for the MA5K, the two were scaled perfectly to each other. The MA5K is a little shorter than the AR, height-wise. A properly scaled AR is around 29.3cm, so I guessed it was about 25cm tall, giving me about 66.8cm long. Bigger than an SMG with the stock extended (62.7cm) but definitely shorter than the AR (88cm).

Scale is important to me, so I try to put some serious effort into it. That's the way the unfolded version will be, but you're free to change it. Hope that helps!

I was just curious since I couldn't find any info on it. I know your scales are pretty much dead on. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back