Gearbox Developing Next Halo Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gearbox changes it, it's gonna be for the best.

Think of it this way: What if Fox gave up the rights of Alien to Universal?

What if ILM and WETA joined?

I wouldn't be worried...

mooseguy04 said:
i'm not saying they are going to change it, but the fact that if they did is what scares me.
Gearbox ported Halo:Combat Evolved to the PC and added multiplayer, HEK (Halo Editing Kit) and Halo Custom Edition

And that's a bad thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, i was just responding to xalener's remark. I love Halo Custom Edition. Some people have really amazing talents for mods on it.

I think Gearbox will do fine, and Epic (and Id) make some of the most powerful engine's for all gaming platforms. Isn't this why Frankie left Bungie? To insure the preservation of MS continuing of the Halo Franchise? Change is good, I doubt they'll turn it into "Master Chief's Magical Pony Ranch on Reach".

I just think it's a way too early to start freaking out about anything.

Skullcandy Girl said:
I think Gearbox will do fine, and Epic (and Id) make some of the most powerful engine's for all gaming platforms. Isn't this why Frankie left Bungie? To insure the preservation of MS continuing of the Halo Franchise? Change is good, I doubt they'll turn it into "Master Chief's Magical Pony Ranch on Reach".

I just think it's a way too early to start freaking out about anything.

I LOVE PONIES! What....... No......

I'm sure if Frankie left for more halo franchising that is good for us and halo...... But sad for our friends at Bungie :(

master_pony.jpg
i couldn't help putting this in.
sry

sounds interesting...I just hope the Halo franchise doesn't get ruined.
I'm glad Frankie decided to leave Bungie and help out Microsoft, he's going to make sure they do the job right and not screw it up too much.

mooseguy04 said:
Halo uses the HAVOK engine, right?

No it uses BLAM! for the engine, and HAVOK for the physics engine. I know Gearbox is great and all but I don't know if they would do Halo 4 right. And definably NOT on the Unreal engine. Personally I think Halo should be Bungie only, or unless they work very closely with Bungie. Also Bungie didn’t leave M$ they just aren’t owned by them. They will still probably make games on their system.

@Dootuz - MS owns Halo rights, and broke away from Microsoft to become independent. Nothing said they wouldn't still make games on the 360.. :lol:

The only people who can create a good halo game is Bungie.
I think many of the fan community would go furious if it wasnt bungie who made the next Halo game.

And as far as i know, Microsoft is still not allowed to single handedly decide who is making a new halo game.
Bungie still owns half of the franchise.

Bungie is what made Halo, it cannot be continued by anyone else.
Bungie is also the most fancaring gaming group in the world. They actually listen to their fans and are nice to them.
I mean, if halo 3 would have been made by someone else, there wouldnt be "i can haz recon" comments anywhere.

I dont believe that this will ever happen. If it does i'm going to go to grand canyon BLOOD GULCH
and jump off the edge.

-Fin(n)ish

Finnish_Spartan said:
The only people who can create a good halo game is Bungie.
I think many of the fan community would go furious if it wasnt bungie who made the next Halo game.

And as far as i know, Microsoft is still not allowed to single handedly decide who is making a new halo game.
Bungie still owns half of the franchise.

Bungie is what made Halo, it cannot be continued by anyone else.
Bungie is also the most fancaring gaming group in the world. They actually listen to their fans and are nice to them.
I mean, if halo 3 would have been made by someone else, there wouldnt be "i can haz recon" comments anywhere.

I dont believe that this will ever happen. If it does i'm going to go to grand canyon BLOOD GULCH
and jump off the edge.

-Fin(n)ish
They shouldn't listen to their fans so much. And by fans, I mean MLG. Halo 3 is nothing like Halo 2 was.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Finnish_Spartan @ Jun 2 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The only people who can create a good halo game is Bungie.

<rant>

and jump off the edge.

-Fin(n)ish</div>

baileyboys said:
Bungie isnt making Halo Wars....

QFT. Halo Wars seems to be coming up nicely using only previously owned rights of Bungie's and a bit of input from said studio. Plus, Ensemble hasn't failed to entertain in the past, Age of Empires was one of my greatest memories of my childhood. So, you may wanna look before you leap(off blood gulch, apparently) next time, Finnish.

Gearbox is just basically Bungie's right arm.......

I don't see a need to worry.
All of you (finnish) needs to do a little research on Gearbox before you all spew about it. Seriously. Over the years of being on the webs, "they'll ruin it!" posts are really starting to piss me off... I'm not singling anyone out, I'm just trying to save some of you from wasting your breath...

I don't know if this has been said.

But seriously, just because a game is made by another company doesn't mean that it's going to take the same multiplayer features.

I left out the name calling but seriously guys, they're not gonna make a game exactly like gears of war. Just because they made it doesnt mean they're stupid and will copy off their own idea.

Now if they actually did end up doing that. Then that's just sad.

But I do love gears of war multiplayer :p

I never played a Gearbox game, but seeing this I looked at some screenshots from their games, and they actaully looked good! However, I wish bungie was still making halo 4...

EPIC MADE GEARS YOU FOOLS. lol.
Seriously, though, Gearbox ixn't epic, they are just using the same engine...

MCommando said:
I never played a Gearbox game, but seeing this I looked at some screenshots from their games, and they actaully looked good! However, I wish bungie was still making halo 4...
There will be no halo 4. The new game is a prequel to halo 1

Bungie making a next gen marathon. They been hinting at it for that past couple of years

xalener said:
EPIC MADE GEARS YOU FOOLS. lol.
Seriously, though, Gearbox ixn't epic, they are just using the same engine...

Then it also seams most 3rd party use the epic engine. The only ones that can make there own is the 1st and 2nd party developers

I dont know why you guys are all worried about this. Peter Jackson working that guy did the LOTR trilogy and that was amazing

Oh nom, Gearbox?
The guys that made GoW?
GoW MP sucked giant balls.
Bungie's still working on it, right?!

Ares said:
Oh nom, Gearbox?
The guys that made GoW?
GoW MP sucked giant balls.
Bungie's still working on it, right?!
Gearbox didn't make gears of war. Epic did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back