Gears of War Armor! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr1nge

Hey guys, I just want to say hello to everyone first of all. I have been around the forum before but this is my first time making an account an engaging more into this kinda of world ^_^ Its very exciting.

First of all I want to say I am not new when it comes to Fiberglassing/Resin and doing such like that, since I have built a full scale First Tsurugi with all 6 pieces before. Now I want to kick it up a notch, I have seen tons of videos and have been researching this for months on end. I want to make full scale gears of war armor, I have all the pep files for the armor and weapons ready to print on 110LB Stock card. I have the Fiberglass Resin/Hardener/Fiber Glass as well as a good respirator.

My only question is really about folding lol and scaling. I measured my height from head to toe and I am 75" which is about 6 Foot. What would the scaling be for the armor about 22.5? I want to make this accurate as possible. Also for padding under the armor I am using egg crate foam and going to wear a pressure suit.

I am going to make 2 of these, one for my homie and one for me to wear to the Gears of War 3 Midnight Launch ^_^

Welcome to the 405th =]

Cant wait to see the gears armor, ive always liked it but i never had the pep files, or the drive to make some myself.

welcome to 405th
there are sickies explaining what you need to know for scaling
but on the folding side of things when you see a _ . _ line it is called a vally fold i draw over these in red pen and press hard to get an accurate fold for the --- lines use a black pen and these are called mountain folds
the pen scores the lines and gives you a clean fold btw hope your cog armour comes out nice

K thx everyone, I have all the time in the world so I can get this done asap. ^_- I have about a month till Gears of War 3 Launch, so I have enough time.

Gears 3 is launching in the fall so u have plenty of time to get the armor done. good luck with the build and cant wait to see how yours comes i also will be working on Dizzy's COG armor

they bumped it back for some odd reason but if u get the game Bulletstorm Epic edition u get a pass for gears 3 beta

oh wow nice. Also if I have this much time I might go the extra mile and make a couple more sets of armor for my other friends, because I want to make all eyes turn my direction at gamestop ^_^. I just don't want to go in get my game and leave, I want to go in get my game and have every one say O_O w.t.f... lol.

*EDIT* I just looked and I had the formula right before, I wasn't sure though lol. I am 75" Tall so that Divided by 86 x what the scale was already which is 25.xxx and that equals out to about 22.5xxx

Carmine was annoying kinda but hey I would have been even more excited to be in Delta Squad and killing some grubs ^_-

I am going to go to Walmart, Staples and Home Depot early tomorrow morning to get supplies to start on my pep. I will post some videos of my process if I can. My channel is youtube.com/Fr1ngeTV I hope to impress you guys with this project, I know I am stoked beyond imagination to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back