Gears of War - Lancer repaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

active84u

This started out as a gold lancer, I was asked to give it a more realistic repaint. Sorry for the iffy pics, phone cam, propper pics tomorrow.
lan2.jpg

lan1.jpg

Looks great man. I love it. I did the same thing to mine but I also modified the barrel to make it the Gears 2 version.

Thanks. Couldnt mod the barrel, as its not mine and I was just asked to repaint and make a stand.
Stand is eva foam, blood is mixed with latex just in case it needs removing at some point (just peels off).
th_uplancer.jpg
uplancer.jpg

looks pretty damn good , that for sure but if i had the gold lancer( rarest version out there) i would leave it in the box and let it keep its value or display it... but some people just like to toss value away.....

Thanks you two.

Fanger54 - I kind of like the 'collectability' of a gold version but it does look pants all the same shade of plasticy gold. They would have been better doing them in gold chrome. Now that would be worth seeing.

Thorn696 - 2 diff shades of silver base, 5 diff shades of thinned silver, misting with a rust colour and a good blackwash ;)

That is an absolutely fantastic paint job, it looks just like the triforce version. I've been wanting to paint my golden lancer for a while, but that isn't exactly my strongest area. Any tips for a novice about what paints to use?...etc. Also, is there any place i can get a professional do it for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back