Gender bend cassandra cain batgirl cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButterBacon3000

Hey! I just got my hands on black carbon fiber wrap, a butt ton of black and purple leather, some belts/straps, a good pair of black boots and black gloves with touch screen compatibility (yay) as well as some LED lenses... this can only mean one thing of course... The Batman! Or more specifically (since I can't just be normal with character picking for once) a genderbend of one of the batgirls, Cassandra Cain. Anyway... im trying to make the helmet using a captain america helmet template I found since I couldn't find a free batman one... and im sorta fudging the details (usually pretty good at eyeballing it) however the ears keep looking flat.... they shouldn't.... here's what in going for... somethin like this ear shape
1667524163620.png

Thin and curved... which is hard to do with eva foam... if anybody has any tips (or better yet... a link to a free batman or batgirl template with similar ears to use as a reference) I'd appreciate it a whole lot

I found a template for batgirls helmet from arkham knight! This one:
Batgirl_(Arkham_Knight).jpg

I should have the base helmet finished by the end of today/early tomorrow. I'll be tweaking it a little since cassandra cain has her full face covered unlike Barbara who's got only the top of her face covered. Can't wait to add carbon fiber wrap onto it!

Also... I got the gotham knights game so I've been inspired by some of batgirls suits in there.

I am now going for something similar to this (a guy version of it obviously) plus it's gonna look a bit different since the helmet is the arkam one, and I'm using the gloves from a different gotham knights suit, but this is the closest to a picture of what I'm making that I have lol... something kinda like this...

Screenshot_20221104-164749_Gallery.jpg

Here's a tip for keeping the ears curved. Glue some armature wire to the foam before you sandwich it shut . It should hold the curve fairly well. I made a pair of hands for my mannequin to hold weapons and it worked great

Attachments

• IMG_20190814_195503790.jpg
    IMG_20190814_195503790.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back