Ghost (Modern Warfare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

extrabread

Jr Member
I've started to make a ghost costume from modern warfare 2. I wanna know if anyone around here has made one like this before.

Refrence pic

modern_warfare_2_ghost.jpg

I won't be using pepakura but I am considering making my own mask.

I'll probably end up buying the vest, houlsters and belt. I have goggles and ear muffs.

If their are any suggestions or tips, my budget is around 100$

That's pretty awesome. Be sure to post your progress. I think I wanna try doing him too.

pretty sweet idea, on the mask, buy one and go to one of those t shirt airbrush places and they should be able to put the skull on there.

heres the loadout of what he's wearing in the pic you posted,

Toque

Skull Face Balaclava

PCU Jacket Soft Shell CB

OD TRU Pants

Peltor Tactical Headset

ESS Ballistic Glasses

RRV Chest Rig TAN

5.11 Pistol Magazine Pouches CB

5.11 Double M16 Mag Pouch CB x2

5.11 Admin Pouch CB

Drop Leg Holster CB

M16 Magazine Leg Rig? CB (on his left Leg).

Hope tha helps but the pcu jacket, good luck finding one as there quite rare and $$$.

look foward to see you pull this off.

Welsh

Bigwillie5 said:
very nice idea, i was always thinking you could print out the design and make a stencil for it so you could spray paint it onto the mask though.

This.

Save your money and just make the mask. It benefits you that the mask is "crappy looking". Just get a good screenshot, blow it up, make a stencil, and lightly spray paint it onto the cheapest knit mask you can get. Anything intentionally sold to look like that is going to dig into your $100 a lot (probably like $30).

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the bleach idea if you can't find a balaclava that's similar enough (but there are some good ones out there). I'm assuming a bleach spot stick type product could do the job, and that would control where the bleach goes so you don't end up with a full skull. :lol

Harris007 said:
OMG i was planning to do the same. I have a problem trying to find a balaclava with a skull on it though

you wont be able to find the exact same one as ghost's {tactical hood} that's what they're called they're not balaclava as cuz they're made from different material that protects form cuts and other harms to your face..it acts like the skull suit in Metal Gear Solid Sons of Liberty a (konami game) which is only custom made for special forces ie... fictional TF-141. but the good news i have a link for you :)

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/12/modern_warfare_2_ghost_inspire.php

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing you have to worry about is the Balaclava. It seems to be made up of two different materials which you'll have to conjoin yourself (i've searched for it before but didnt come up with anything at all). and your best bet for the skull is to air brush it on. that's basically the only thing you can do from what i've seen.

Blackhawk and Cheaper Than Dirt will have everything that you will need if your local Army Surplus Store does not. This a relatively simple project, but it is a tad bit expensive. I think the reults would be well worth the cost though. I am currently making the mask for my Ghillie Suit. It will look damn cool and will also scare all the little kids at the paintball games :p.

Whats all this talk about masks? I always though it was just a balaclava with a skull painted on with some white paint... Am i missing something?

Cheers, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back