Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up, everyone! I know that there is a lot of excitement surrounding A LOT of stuff that has been unveiled at E3 today, but I really think that GRFS has really stood out among the rest (besides Halo, of course ;).) I know that this is a Halo dedicated website, but when you think about it, these guys are a mixture of Spartans and the Task Force 141 guys of Modern Warfare 2. Whichever way you cut it, I am definitely making some of this armor.

So, feel free to post your thoughts here. Personally, I cannot wait for this game. The game play looks immaculate, all of the tech makes me want to drool, and the new Gunsmithing system is just utter epicness. For those of you who didn't watch the Ubisoft presentation, check out the new live demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I like the looks of this game... There are so many games I can't wait for!

I like the Thermo-Optic camouflage A.K.A. active camo.

it's a real technology that's being worked on

Dude, ive been looking forward to this for so long!!! I have always loved ghost recon and in my opinion, its the third greatest shooter series ever! (My number one being Halo, and two being COD)
Anybody know the release date? Also, Do you think Cpt Mitchell from GRAW will be featured at all in this one? Cuz that guys a beast! Anyone that can survive a nuclear explosion like at the end of GRAW 2 is awesome in my book!

Dude, ive been looking forward to this for so long!!! I have always loved ghost recon and in my opinion, its the third greatest shooter series ever! (My number one being Halo, and two being COD)
Anybody know the release date? Also, Do you think Cpt Mitchell from GRAW will be featured at all in this one? Cuz that guys a beast! Anyone that can survive a nuclear explosion like at the end of GRAW 2 is awesome in my book!
Really, only third? :p Haha, j/k. To be honest though, I think that Ghost Recon is, in regards to gameplay, heads above other shooters. I think that is it, by far, the most realistic to real combat and I am absolutely in love with the cover and squad systems. Halo may have Ghost Recon beat in story, but the GR books do not help that argument.

As to Cpt. Mitchell, he stands with his fellow brothers, Sam Fisher, Master Chief, Jack Bauer, and Domingo Chavez, in the hall of heroes. I doubt he will be in the game though, because this is quite a few years later.

Last release date I heard was 10-01-11.

Sweet! And yeah, i definately think that ghost recon has some of the most realistic combat of any game ive ever played! The system for taking cover is amazing, and commanding your squad and other vehicles and such that you have at your disposal really makes it feel real! Ive actually begun replaying the GRAWs to get preped for this thing! And as for gunsmith, TWENTY MILLION possible customizations??? Thats insane!! CODs create a class system probably peed its pants when it heard that! Also, Ive got to say that Mitchell is probably one of my top three video game charachters, espcially because in his GRAW 2 bio, it says hes from Youngstown Ohio, where i live!! It feels really awesome to be living in the hometown of such an amazing charachter!

Scott Mitchell's character is really fleshed out in the Ghost Recon novels. I normally can't stand Grant Blackwood (AKA David Michaels), but for both the GR offerings he really got his act together and delivered a quality read. The next installment deserves a hardcover release IMO.

For those of you who haven't seen the new Gunsmithing system, feast your eyes!

And seriously, how frickin cool is the whole Tony Stark setup?

For those of you who haven't seen the new Gunsmithing system, feast your eyes!

And seriously, how frickin cool is the whole Tony Stark setup?

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it. I can't wait to try that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back