Ghostbusters Ghost Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

brkat02

hey everyone, I wanted to share this with yall, I'm peping out my proton pack right now, but I just finished making & unfolding a ghost trap, it doesn't have all the details but I figured most people would want to add those later, plus who wants to pep a bunch of knobs and lights... I used sean's plans as a base, that can be found on gbfans.com

I'd love some feed back & to see pics if anyone actually builds this, I'm working on my proton pack right now, & don't see myself building this for a while, at least not till I can affort one of the light kits to go in it..
anyways enjoy...
pepakuraghosttrap.png

1 ghost trap.pdo

Do you already have the pep files for the proton pack done? i want one but i dont feel like paying $850 for it so id rather make it if i can...

Thank you sir for maxing out my nostalgia levels.

It looks great, what are you going to use for the foot pedal?

thanks guys, I'm working on a 3d model of the pack. I'm not crazy about the way the one I used for this pack was made... it was made in individual pieces instead of one piece, it would be like peping a sniper rifle in pieces and then putting it together after hardening it... I hope to have it done soon, but job hunting is taking a priority again... maybe i can get something done next weekend.

I'm looking into the foot pedal, need to find some decent measurements on it before I can build it, all the directions I've found so far, say buy these pieces and put them together.... not exactly helpful when making a 3d model...

Update/Bump: I've gotten most of the pack pieces modeled, I'm going to work on getting them ready for peping & unfolded b4 I release the pack. but wanted to give you a quick preview... I've left alot of the tubes off the model, b/c I figured it's easier to go to lowes and buy a 1" pvc pipe & a 2" pvc pipe rather than peping them....

pepakuraprotonpack.png

the only thing I'm really concerned with is, should I unfold it as all the seperate pieces? or make it one large pep piece. I see pro's & con's for each, If i make it one big file, it eliminates all the interior walls making it faster to pep, harden, and leaves the inside open to run all your electronics, the down side is it may warp easier since it won't lay flat on a surface as you harden it from the back... If I leave it as its now, there is less chance of warping (and even if it does warp you'd just have to fix one part not the entire thing, but some of the smaller parts will be harder to harden, and you will have to open up some of the interior walls later to put in the powercell lights and run wiring to the cyclotron and then the gun... what do you think?

Update:

So aparently I have too much time on my hands, I've unfolded the Proton pack both ways so you can decide on your own how you'd like do make it.
Completepepakuraprotonpack.png

complete proton pack by Brkat02.pdo

Proton Pack by Brkat02 - seperate pieces.pdo

I've also built the Proton gun and the base for the Ghost Trap pedal

PepakuraProtonGun.png

http://www.4shared.com/file/iuEBv0R6/Proton_Gun_By_Brkat02.html

PepakuraghosttrapPedalBase.png

GhostTrap Pedal Base by Brkat02.pdo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back