Gonna tackle an Elite Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Hunter and Elite, I'm having my 6'3 friend play them. The Hunter is just going to be an ultra bulked up costume, it'll look really cool. I have all the build plans set up, I just need to go out and get all the materials to build this stuff. I'm going to be building a vacu-form table to make marine armor and after this movie is done, I'm gonna probably start selling vacu-formed sets of marine armor, if enough people are interested. Once I finish the elite costume, I'll throw together a demo to show you guys what the whole film will look like.

And this film is actually just a short we're doing for cinema study. Once we finish this, we're going full on into a full halo movie based on the same story. We're gonna use what we learn from this to make the next one even better.

Ryan, do you want to help? Even if you don't play the Spartan, I could use the pep and prop making help. Any assistance from anyone in my area would be helpful. It's not that I can't make everything, I just have a lot on my plate and help would be useful. Heh.

papamurf812 said:
For the Hunter and Elite, I'm having my 6'3 friend play them. The Hunter is just going to be an ultra bulked up costume, it'll look really cool. I have all the build plans set up, I just need to go out and get all the materials to build this stuff. I'm going to be building a vacu-form table to make marine armor and after this movie is done, I'm gonna probably start selling vacu-formed sets of marine armor, if enough people are interested. Once I finish the elite costume, I'll throw together a demo to show you guys what the whole film will look like.

And this film is actually just a short we're doing for cinema study. Once we finish this, we're going full on into a full halo movie based on the same story. We're gonna use what we learn from this to make the next one even better.
Ryan, do you want to help? Even if you don't play the Spartan, I could use the pep and prop making help. Any assistance from anyone in my area would be helpful. It's not that I can't make everything, I just have a lot on my plate and help would be useful. Heh.
Yea sure... I'm gonna be getting my license soon... :p... I want to just work on my armor all the time but then I have school... But then I think just doing little by little after school it will not be enough time... :\... :p... I think I'm gonna make another helmet... :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good, and don't forget. If you do want to be in the movie, I wrote that scene just for you. :lol:

This film will have to be done by December 10th or 11th, so I won't be able to procrastinate. When I do finish stuff, I don't want to reveal right away, I want to have a few things ready for one update so I can overwhelm everyone. I'll show Macattack though, we have an alliance.

Just to wet everyone's appetite, I'm making:
-Elite
-Grunt
-Jackal
-Hunter
-Brute (probably)
-Sniper Rifle
-Multiple sets of marine armor
-UNSC Battlestation miniature
-Pelican miniature
-Ghost miniature
- Spiker
- Spike Grenades
-Plasma Grenades
-Human Grenades
-Plasma Rifle
-Plasma Pistol
-Battle Rifle
-Magnums
-Shotgun
-Rocket Launcher
-Gravity Hammer
-Plasma Sword
-Sniper Rifle
-Turret
-ODST
-And more...

If there's anything you guys would like to see in it, I'm open to suggestions. I want this to be the best Halo movie out there, since the big wigs dropped the ball.

You listed sniper rifle twice... :p...

I think I might try to make one... Maybe some cardboard... Resined and all... :p... :\

I'll look into making a pelican miniature... How small are we talking?

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
SHEE MINI!!!

I can try to make it...

What about a Scorpion mini, a Warthog mini, lol
We could buy a warthog from one of them old action figure things... :p... Anyone wanna hijack the one from the Halo Shorts... :p

If we hijack it, I call i drive.

I actually already have started the Pelican. It's to scale with Star Wars action figures (they're 3.75 inches tall.). I had very early pix on here a while ago, I'll see if I can find the thread.

I totally listed Sniper rifle twice because how awaesome it is. Actually it was a amistake, but I'll go with it.

As for scorpions, banshees, hogs, etc... I don't have anywhere in the story where I need them, but that won't stop me from including them in my bigger film.

EDIT: Here's the Pelican and my older progresshttp://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...o++marine++film

papamurf812 said:
If we hijack it, I call i drive.

I actually already have started the Pelican. It's to scale with Star Wars action figures (they're 3.75 inches tall.). I had very early pix on here a while ago, I'll see if I can find the thread.

I totally listed Sniper rifle twice because how awaesome it is. Actually it was a amistake, but I'll go with it.

As for scorpions, banshees, hogs, etc... I don't have anywhere in the story where I need them, but that won't stop me from including them in my bigger film.
EDIT: Here's the Pelican and my older progresshttp://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...o++marine++film
Looks good... I was thinking pepakura though... I got a good file... :)

i would tackle a ranger elite myself (there super bad@$$ flying around and dual wielding, plus the dont have moving jaws ect..) and the newer elites seem to have a more human leg
:tutu: <----- that guys wierd

I didn't know about Pep when I started the Pelican. But I'm happy doing it the way I am, pep would have been too difficult I think. Making it with foam board is a lot easier and faster. And once it's painted, it'll probably look better than pep. I hope.

I just finished gluing one arm piece for the armor and it seems too small. What scale should I be using? I did the helmet and its fine but cant seem to get the other pieces right.

I'm custom sculpting all of my elite armor. And if I can build a vacu-form table soon, I'll just make a whole bunch of sets so I can easily switch between all of them for the movie.

I think the scale varies for each piece, so just go by the dimensions that it gives you in the bottom right corner under Assembled size. As long as it seems like what it should be, then it should all be fine. Hope this helps.

hey guys you have some great ideas and i love the pepakura head iam also going to be making an elite costume would it be possible for youo guys to tell me the scale sizes that you used i would be happy to help you in any way that i can :D

I finally got some underarmor yesterday. What I did was put on one long sleeve shirt then put the underarmor over that. Then I stuffed it. Im not sure how im gonna keep the muscles in place though. I also need to make the shoulders alot bigger.

pictures2002.jpg

I also did some more work to my helmet:

pictures2003.jpg

For the helmet, may I recommend doing something to take away from the angular nature? Maybe bondo or glazing it. Other than that though, I like it a lot, I'm still working on making the head look as good as possible.

papamurf812 said:
For the helmet, may I recommend doing something to take away from the angular nature? Maybe bondo or glazing it. Other than that though, I like it a lot, I'm still working on making the head look as good as possible.

Thanks! I was thinking that it looked to angular myself. I might try some bondo on it. I have some left over laying in the garage.

Elite-B17 said:
I finally got some underarmor yesterday. What I did was put on one long sleeve shirt then put the underarmor over that. Then I stuffed it. Im not sure how im gonna keep the muscles in place though. I also need to make the shoulders alot bigger.

pictures2002.jpg

I also did some more work to my helmet:

pictures2003.jpg

hey nice job with the costume are you going to make the back really big i think that is the way elites look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back