Gonna tackle an Elite Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macattack64 said:
I'm talking about underarmor not those ones... The one I used for under my suit... $25 for it... :\

where did you get yours? If i can find a cheap one I might use it.

Your head is looking great! Im doing the same method, pepakura as a skull covered with fabric. I might not start on that until I finish the body suit though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to mount the pep to a skateboard helmet and then I'm probably gonna attempt the stilts and some mechanical hands.

I finished the helmet today. Got it painted too. I just need to do some details. Im gonna get pics when when its sunny outside tomorrow.

also, what files are you using for the rest of the armor? Do you have a link?

Here is my helmet. The red is too bright so im gonna make that darker and add some more details.

pictures003.jpg

Elite-B17 said:
Here is my helmet. The red is too bright so im gonna make that darker and add some more details.

pictures003.jpg
Give it a black base coat... And don't spray so much on... :)... it will probably look like my color if you do... :p

I want to give it a base coat of silver so i can chip off the red to make some scratches and whatnot. But yeah, your color is what iam going for.

Elite-B17 said:
I want to give it a base coat of silver so i can chip off the red to make some scratches and whatnot. But yeah, your color is what iam going for.
But you can paint the scratches on with hammered... :\... That's what I did... :\...
It's a paint that is supposed to be used to referbish like metal lamp posts or something like that...

Macattack64 said:
But you can paint the scratches on with hammered... :\... That's what I did... :\...
It's a paint that is supposed to be used to referbish like metal lamp posts or something like that...

I was gonna use the salt tutorial that was posted here, cant find it though. I'll try both and see which looks better.

Yeah. I'd go the route Mac is giving you. The black undercoat with a bit of red on top. Right now that helmet (which is awesome btw) is a little neon.

As to the hammered silver...use that method for the battle damage. I went back and did it to a boot I made for another costume years ago and it works super well. the forum link for it that Adam did is: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...95&hl=paint

thats the one i use

The Alex said:
Yeah. I'd go the route Mac is giving you. The black undercoat with a bit of red on top. Right now that helmet (which is awesome btw) is a little neon.

As to the hammered silver...use that method for the battle damage. I went back and did it to a boot I made for another costume years ago and it works super well. the forum link for it that Adam did is: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...95&hl=paint

thats the one i use

Thanks!

Can that be done with a silver spray paint?

Macattack64 said:
It looks way better with the Hammered Paint... By Rust-Oleum

ok cool. I can get that a wal-mart right. I'll just go with that method.

Yeah, definitely use the hammered finish brush on technique. We should make this a stickied thread for everyone making an Elite, heh. Not much of an update just yet, but I figured out how I'm doing everything. Werewolf stilts like I had posted for the legs, animatronic hands like in the MAKE link posted, and a pepakura head on a helmet for the head. I'm going to bulk up the chest with football pads and foam. Bulk up the muscles and tops of the arms so that connect to the proper place on the torso. All of the armor will be removable with velcro. I'm going to make a blue set, a red set, a yellow set, and a super detailed black set. The black set is going to be one of the main villians in my movie. He's probably gonna be a slight nod to the Predator because I may add skulls to his costume and maybe a loincloth. I just need him to stand out. He'll also have a bandolier. He'll look really cool, while still following continuity, I promise.

The one thing I still need to figure out is the details for how to do a realistic jaw. I may try to use the hand tutorial on the mouth and just have it move like fingers. If I can, I may wire it to the left hand, so that when I move the left hand's fingers, the jaw will also move. That way, it'll be easier to work and fit everything together. And it won't look weird because his mouth moving will mainly only be needed for close-ups where you don't see the hand.

Elite-B17, good luck on your elite, may the best elite win. And what scale did you use for the helmet, I may attempt that.

NOTE: Ryan, did you get the script snippet I sent you?

Papamurf812, your plan sounds good. We are taking the same approach on the whole thing it looks like. haha! Are you going to mold your armor though? Iam doing the first set out of pepakura, then I may try molding another set.

I would love to see your script too if you dont mind! I love watching live action halo! Keep us posted on yours!

I'll send you a sample after school, but most of the story will be behind closed doors. It will be epic though, I have lots of experience in making small budget movies, but I've never had a chance to show off what I can do. That's what this'll be. Expect brutes, elites, grunts, jackals, and even hunters. It will be the most epic movie on here. Be prepared. Some of you may remember the Pelican model I was making. That is coming out fantastic. and I've got a lot more secret projects that you guys will love.

papamurf812 said:
I'll send you a sample after school, but most of the story will be behind closed doors. It will be epic though, I have lots of experience in making small budget movies, but I've never had a chance to show off what I can do. That's what this'll be. Expect brutes, elites, grunts, jackals, and even hunters. It will be the most epic movie on here. Be prepared. Some of you may remember the Pelican model I was making. That is coming out fantastic. and I've got a lot more secret projects that you guys will love.

Sounds awesome! I cant wait!

Elite-B17, I'll send you some script samples later, I promise.

And I don't have work today, so I'm gonna try to put a lot of work into the costume today. Expect updates very soon.

I hope we'll get to see this movie as well. And how did you do Hunters, and when do you expect to be done with it.

Sorry if I seem a little impatient. I'm new at 405th, and already love it. I'm currently making a set of mjolnir for myself, and plan to start on an Elite next. I really think for it you just need to pepakura the armor, and the helmet. The head itself you should make with some other material. And we have the wolf legs, I'm 6'3", so I think I can pull off the elite without trying to make it life size, plus with the stilts, that should bring me around 7'. If someone could do that, it'd be awesome. I tried doing something in pepakura, and the only thing I succeeded in doing was ruining the program's registry, and having to reinstall it a couple of times. New clue what went wrong, but I'll stick to printing stuff out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back