Gonna tackle an Elite Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

papamurf812

Alright, this shouldn't be as complicated as everyone says.

For the head:
Take a BMX helmet and sculpt the head on top of that. Will use clay, craft foam, or pepakura. I'm trying to figure out a low budget way to get the jaw to move without to much work.

For the body:
I'm just gonna shape it with craft foam and hot glue. Then do something to give it a hard shiny finish. Maybe that spray resin stuff. Arms will be bulked up with a costume bought at party city (halloween is coming up so this shouldn't be too hard to find.)

Proportions will be as follows:
640elite21ya9.jpg

For the legs:
I'm just gonna use this fancy set up:
werewolfstiltblueprint.jpg

The stilts in action

UPDATE:
Here's a good way of padding the legs to give them that alien look:
http://www.marcwolf.org/construct/Legs_web_1/
http://www.marcwolf.org/construct/Legs_web_2/index.html
http://hawke.livequest.de/digi.html

For the hands:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Giant-Meta...d-of-DOOM!/<-Just hide the controls in the wrist armor of the Elite. Since this make the arm longer, it'll be proportionate with the legs.

This shouldn't be too complicated.

What do you guys think? I'll run to the store and pick up craft foam and such so I can start soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been wanting to make an elite too. Im hoping to finish before Halloween so I need to get started tomorrow! It shouldnt be too hard, your right. The hardest part might be the head, how are you planning on tackling that? I really have no idea where to start so Im gonna need some help. ha!

I think I will start with the "werewolf legs" tomorrow until I figure out how to do the rest. Hopefully we can help each other out with this.

You have my full support... :)

I just thought... What if you get a like XXL of cheaper underarmor and like... Take foam padding and sew it into it... So you make Elite muscles and do some more sewing for the right color... Then make seperate armor pieces?

Macattack64 said:

I just thought... What if you get a like XXL of cheaper underarmor and like... Take foam padding and sew it into it... So you make Elite muscles and do some more sewing for the right color... Then make seperate armor pieces?

Good idea, but it might be hard to find a big enough underarmor.

Elite-B17 said:
Good idea, but it might be hard to find a big enough underarmor.
I mean cuz it might make it easier to get into... :\

Macattack64 said:

Ryan, we should be a team.

That's an idea that I've thought of. Whatever I do, I want separate armor. With separate armor, I can switch out armor so it looks like i have more than one elite costume. I'm gonna make a few elite armor permutation helmets once we get those files and I'm gonna have different colored armor for the various ranks. I'll just have the pieces attach with velcro.

As for the head, I think I'm gonna pepakura a head from the Halo 2 file and then attach that to a helmet or something. With the few inches the stilts and the head add, I should be close enough to elite height.

And I'm sure I'd be able to find big enough under armor. They make it for big football players. I'm a scrawny 18 year old.

If all goes well, this thing'll be pretty menacing!

papamurf812 said:
Ryan, we should be a team.

That's an idea that I've thought of. Whatever I do, I want separate armor. With separate armor, I can switch out armor so it looks like i have more than one elite costume. I'm gonna make a few elite armor permutation helmets once we get those files and I'm gonna have different colored armor for the various ranks. I'll just have the pieces attach with velcro.
As for the head, I think I'm gonna pepakura a head from the Halo 2 file and then attach that to a helmet or something. With the few inches the stilts and the head add, I should be close enough to elite height.

And I'm sure I'd be able to find big enough under armor. They make it for big football players. I'm a scrawny 18 year old.

If all goes well, this thing'll be pretty menacing!

I was just thinking... What about using a vacuum form table for the armor... light weight... Looks right and easy to attach... Easy to make and reproduce... :\

But on the other hand fiberglass would be durable if you were to accidently trip and would last... :\

I want attachable armor too. That way I can have a variation.

The underarmor suit would be easier to get into than something else. Even if I cant find a big enough one, I could sew on more length to the arms and legs.

Does anyone have any pepakura files for an elite? I will definatly be doing pep cause I have no experience with vacum form.

or make a section like this:

(hold on I'm going into paint...)

You could make it as long as needed and insert padding to make desired effect also with sewing to add indents in muscles or what not...

I don't have a vacu form table and I've been afraid to make one for some reason. Maybe though. I'll start off with fiberglass and maybe work up the courage (and money) to do a vacu form table. I need to do one eventually because it'll make things a lot easier. Especially for my movie, I was thinking how much easier it'd be to vacu form Halo1 marine armor. Would it be illegal to sell if if I did? They do it for stormtrooper armor so I don't see why not.

Check in here for the files
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3144

I like your idea for the legs, probably gonna use a similiar approach for the arms as well. Everything'll be bulked up.

And is fiberglass strong enough to be used as a mold? When you vacuform, the hot plastic is stretching onto the mold, so I would assume it is under a lot of pressure.

papamurf812 said:
SPARTAN-094's Every weapon and vehicle, and a lot of characters in Halo 2.

P.S. FIX YOUR LINK'S NAME

I don't have a vacu form table and I've been afraid to make one for some reason. Maybe though. I'll start off with fiberglass and maybe work up the courage (and money) to do a vacu form table. I need to do one eventually because it'll make things a lot easier. Especially for my movie, I was thinking how much easier it'd be to vacu form Halo1 marine armor. Would it be illegal to sell if if I did? They do it for stormtrooper armor so I don't see why not.

EDIT: Just realized the first link doesn't work, just browse through here:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3144
Well what you could do is make out with fiberglass and use those as your mold... :)

papamurf812 said:
I think I'm gonna take the initiative and print up an elite head now so that I can get started on it.
Is this next?... :p
arbiterrz9.png

Here's what I was thinking...

eliteheadbd7.png

Based off of...

Macattack64 said:
Is this next?... :p
arbiterrz9.png
Not so much, heh. I think that even though that would work really well as long as you cut the pieces at the joints and such, it would take far too long and I think there are much more efficient ways of doing it. Heh. I'm guessing you were kidding, but I actually did think about it.

Also, do you know the scaling for all those models? I had it saved somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

papamurf812 said:
Not so much, heh. I think that even though that would work really well as long as you cut the pieces at the joints and such, it would take far too long and I think there are much more efficient ways of doing it. Heh. I'm guessing you were kidding, but I actually did think about it.
Also, do you know the scaling for all those models? I had it saved somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Lemme see... I think the scaling is wrong though... :\...
3059... That's what mine says...

Your head should reach it's shoulders.

Make the muscles out of foam.
If you do pep, the skin might not look as realistic.

I'm making an elite right now, PM me if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back