Good Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredofbuttons

There is still tons to do I know. Way more detailing left to do, but it was good enough for halloween. Post any criticisms here please! I'd love to have some advice. I have so much more detailing to do as well as redoing the padding and straps. Still got a ton of attention last night. Now to sleep for a few weeks.

I also need to clean up the latex undersuit so you can see the detailing better. Too much baby powder, but I was running low on time.

Adding some undersuit pictures per request. I'll post some video later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really good to me, Don't see how it wasn't ready for halloween haha the only thing that i can see that would need any kinda fixing is definitely getting some sorta neck guard maybe a gourget (dam french words...) and maybe a bit more bondoing on the leg pieces.

The undersuit is made of a lycra bodysuit coated in latex, then craft foam cut out into the detailed parts was glued on with more latex and the whole suit was covered a few more times. It is skintight and actually surprisingly comfortable to wear.

Looks finished to me except for the neck like 5nowm4n said. A balaclava may work if its long enough.

Any weapons?

RegularGuy said:
Looks finished to me except for the neck like 5nowm4n said. A balaclava may work if its long enough.

Any weapons?

I want to smooth many parts out, redo the shins in HD, finish the energy sword and um. That'd be good enough for now.

Energy Sword...Cool! Got pics of the sword progress? I'm working on a cardboard BR, but at the rate I'm working on it, I may not finish in time for next Halloween... :)

I see a few spots on the buttplate and the arms where bondo would've made it look better. There are probably a couple other places, too, but I have a small monitor and can't see much. Your armor is pretty good if you made it just before Halloween.

Queen said:
I see a few spots on the buttplate and the arms where bondo would've made it look better. There are probably a couple other places, too, but I have a small monitor and can't see much. Your armor is pretty good if you made it just before Halloween.

Yeah. Most parts need a lot of bondo work (not going to use bondo. Epoxy resin and talc powder, but same idea). I just really didn't have time before halloween. Now I'm gonna go back and make it all nice.

The undersuit looks terrific and I second the motion of showing us more. I.m surprised that a suit coated in latex actually feels confortable to wear. I'd image it would be very sweat prone.

The armor looks good except that it looks a little big. Particularly the bottom parts (thigh, shin and boots).

Meleck said:
The undersuit looks terrific and I second the motion of showing us more. I.m surprised that a suit coated in latex actually feels confortable to wear. I'd image it would be very sweat prone.

The armor looks good except that it looks a little big. Particularly the bottom parts (thigh, shin and boots).

You WILL sweat in latex, but it's a cool sweat. Not uncomfortable once you get used to it.

The thighs barely fit as it is and the boots are the perfect size for my feet so there isn't much I can do about those. I AM going to make the HD shins though and probably slightly smaller than those. <shrug>

Good enough? Looks AMAZING! Now I don't think mine is as I thought it was... It does like really big though, I thought it might have been because you were a big person, but you don't look that big. You probably could have scaled it down a little more...

Boo said:
Good enough? Looks AMAZING! Now I don't think mine is as I thought it was... It does like really big though, I thought it might have been because you were a big person, but you don't look that big. You probably could have scaled it down a little more...

The only parts I could easily scale down that I know of is the shins. The thighs barely fit, the shoes fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back