Good Mp3 Players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyIvanVI

Hey all. I'm looking for some feedback on what type of MP3 player to get. I used to have an iPod Touch, but I gave it to my mom and started using my old Zune again. However, in the two years or so I haven't used my Zune, I find out that they STILL don't have any sort of hacks to use it on anything other than the Zune software. And let's be blunt, the new Zune software is HORRIBLE for managing a music library. It looks pretty, but it doesn't do the job well.

So 405th, what MP3 players do you have and recommend?

Unfortunately I would only recommend some type of iPod, I think they really are the best. I think some Sony products and the Zens are allright, but if you really want a good one, go for Apple.

I personally switch between an Ipod and some of Creative's mp3 players. And to be frank, I would not even have an iPod if it weren't for my sister getting me one as a present. The only reason I Still use the iPod over the creative mp3 players is because of the wi-fi availability. However, if it's just for listening to music I much prefer the Creative Zen line of players. The interface obviously isn't as smooth as the iTouch but what I prefer over the actual player interface is the software used for managing mp3's. If you're like me and you build your library of mp3's outside of the program's actual software (like file it in organized folders, separate storage drive, etc.) then the Zen software is much more user-friendly. It's comparable even to drag-and-drop! Gotta love that ease.

Also, my sister just bought a new Sony mp3 player.. she says those are pretty good too and she's not tech-savvy or anything.. couldn't be too hard to learn how to use. Don't have any personal experience with the Sony ones but yeah, those two would be my recommendations: Creative Zen line and Sony mp3 players.

I have an 8G SanDisk Sansa. It's okay, and it has a memory card slot that can utilize a 16G card. Unfortunately, I had it in the same pocket as one of my magnetic keys, and now it has three white lines going through its screen. I don't watch videos on it, so that doesn't really matter. The thing still works for playing music and listening to the radio. Also, it's cheaper than an iPod.

I've been having good luck with my Sansa, if all you want it to do is play music it's a great player.

You can sync it with windows media player, or just drag folders into it like a usb drive.

Well, thanks for all the suggestions everyone... but I think I've found my dream Player... The Samsung P3.

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/samsung-p3-8gb-black/4505-6490_7-33490421.html

Ontop of the obvious music capability it has (8 gig is plenty for me, I barely use 3 and I currently only listen to HALF of that.), it also has the wonderful feature to edit and read .txt files, perfect for reviewing or studying notes on the go. Also it has a recorder, meaning I can record my lectures if I don't feel like jotting down notes. Also, you can record from the radio, which while I wouldn't use to 'obtain' a song, it's a good way to remember a song to download later.

Two big features most people would consider gimmick-y but I personally LOVE; it has an external speaker. Which is awesome. Ontop of that, because it also has the microphone, they slapped a bluetooth in it, and you can use it to answer/call from your phone like a standard bluetooth headset. If that's not awesome, I don't know what is. Oh, I know what's awesome, it's pricetag; $150.

Ordering it this weekend. :D

well i bought the 32gb ipod touch for a pip boy 3000 prop im making and i think its freaking awesome! , but im not a fan of how you can only put stuff on it through itunes , so no movies can be put on there from the hardrive you have to download that crap from "dud" itunes :( but itunes is alright though

id recommend i itouch cause its kick ass :p

p.s now i know by your tital saying dont even mention ipod, oh well i did :pbut the samsung looks really cool

i know you dont like zune and ipod but heres my speel.. i have 2 ipods a touch and a classic... i perfer the clasic for music. and i never use itunes. only winamp... as for zune. i never use the programs and use winamp again because it is so mych easyer to use.

sony products... once the warenty goes dont expect it to last much longer. the stupid things died shortly after whenever i had one. some other imitation ipods and such are plain garbage. they tend to break easily and dont have any warentys usually. so watch out!

I have had no problems with my Samsung YP-S3 the only thing i don't like was the factory earbuds, i have them replaced with some aftermarket sony ones now. It takes special software to put the songs on it but it doesn't double your library like itunes does, it is just needed to put the mp3's on there and convert video to a special format to play on it. Videos are the only thing needed to be converted. I have three coby mp3 players i got for my kids for last Christmas and they are still going strong, and i like how coby doesn't have any real soft ware for music. It syncs directly with windows media player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back