Got my metal glaze in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurks Donut

Member DIN
S101
I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow, but it came in today. Sweetness for me :)

But there's a little problem. Unlike Resin, the Metal Glaze's instructions are hazy. I saw how nice Spase's turned out and opted to try it out, so I ordered a couple of them. What's your technique on using them? Like how much putty per bottle of the hardener? I'll try to post pictures of me doing it once i figure out how or when I get help. We got a brand new 12 mega pixel camera in, and i'm eager to use it :)

Really, you're post were NOT nessesary in my thread asking a question. Please delete them.

As for the glaze, I've kinda figured it out. I tried it with the tape, and without. I think I'll use tape from now on. Anyways, PICS!

im003605ed0.jpg

im003606ft4.jpg

im003607zp8.jpg

Looking good!

Keep up the good work! I want to see another glaze helmet and how good it comes out.

Might have to try it my self :rolleyes .

-Doom

from what i recall spase resined the outside, fiberglassed/resined inside, then primered the outside (with a sandable primer) then glazed in sections with a putty knife....

hayato619 said:
from what i recall spase resined the outside, fiberglassed/resined inside, then primered the outside (with a sandable primer) then glazed in sections with a putty knife....

Thats pretty much it, but you can just go straight from a resin outside to glaze, no primer necessary, but you do need to sand the outside to give it a rough texture so the glaze will adhere correctly..... I had to put several layers down to get the raised sections right...

I have woken the beast in you... good work my protege..

You can grab an 80 grit sand paper, and while its hard, but still warm, start sanding.. it will sand very easily, but you will go through more sand paper as it tends to stick to the paper after a while, and the glaze will sand away quickly, so be careful... Anyway, while its warm you can sand very quickly to get it roughed to shape, then go back with a finer paper when its fully cured to get the final sand...

Looking good so far, keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Thanks!

I've always been a pretty lazy guy, but this is something I've vowed to finish. It's one of those things, you know? I got to finish it to tell myself I can do it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back