Grabbing Halo: Reach PC Assets and Importing into Blender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, to those coming to my post and finding mods removed my instructions how to rip the files, I'm sorry to say that I won't reveal how in direct messages. The mods edited my post for a reason, and if I were to tell you how I did it in private messages it just circumvents around the reasons the mods edited my post. I've had a lot of people DM me, and I've told everyone the following information:

I won't tell you how I did it in DM's, but as a hint check out this public tweet:
Thanks for your understanding, and good luck! We all hope you stay here on the 405th to experience this great journey with us!

Hello! I'm not going to do an into, so I'll just straight up and jump right into it.

EDIT: The 405th Does not allow for the Public Discussion of extracting In Game Files or Assets, or Publicly Offering Tools To assist in Such due to the violation of Microsoft's Terms of Service and "Game Content Usage Rules," specifically: "You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't normally permit in order to create your Items."

(Attached to the post is a blender file to view the model below)

Screenshots:

Flat models:
View attachment 281459

With Textures:
View attachment 281460

Edit: The texture files for Jorege are too large to attach in this post, so here they are on google drive.
Can anyone help me figure how to add the textures to the model?

Can anyone help me figure how to add the textures to the model?
You can use blender to pair the texture files to the mesh used nodes for materials. Be sure you were able to keep the UV map, or the textures will not be placed onto the model properly

can anyone direct me to instructions on how to rip MCC models? i've looked EVERYWHERE and I cant find any information.... I am working on an animation and I would get some decent models... Earlier in the thread someone posted about a twitter page as a hint, but I got lost after that point... were they hinting to MCC being run by UE4 and then we could rip models using UE4? i'm kinda desperate at this point so any information or clarification would be EXTREMELY helpful!

can anyone direct me to instructions on how to rip MCC models? i've looked EVERYWHERE and I cant find any information.... I am working on an animation and I would get some decent models... Earlier in the thread someone posted about a twitter page as a hint, but I got lost after that point... were they hinting to MCC being run by UE4 and then we could rip models using UE4? i'm kinda desperate at this point so any information or clarification would be EXTREMELY helpful!

As stated earlier in this thread, the 405th Does not allow for the Public Discussion of extracting In Game Files or Assets, or Publicly offering tools to assist in such, due to the violation of Microsoft's Terms of Service and "Game Content Usage Rules," specifically: "You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't normally permit in order to create your Items."

As stated earlier in this thread, the 405th Does not allow for the Public Discussion of extracting In Game Files or Assets, or Publicly offering tools to assist in such, due to the violation of Microsoft's Terms of Service and "Game Content Usage Rules," specifically: "You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't normally permit in order to create your Items."

Nailed the head on that one. Might I also add, even though Cadet says "Public Discussion", I won't say much more than what I've already said in this thread. If someone reading this down the road wants to DM me asking privately, I'm afraid I won't willingly tell you anything you don't already know.

Don't get me wrong, I'd really like to tell all of you. But I've got my hands tied, and if we want to stay on the good side of i343, we do have to respect them.

To all the people that have DM'd me, and that will DM me in the future, we have a lot of public files hosted here on this website that will help you with your cosplay endeavors.

I understand that this is the first Google result for "Halo Reach PC Assets", but it doesn't have to be a dead end. We all hope you stay with us to finish the fight. Welcome to 405th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back