Gravity Hammer Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just discovered this site the other day and it is very informative - I came late to the party as a Halo gamer - I never played 1 or 2 - only 3 but it is an awesome game and have become totally sucked into it. I decided to do a master chief costume for next halloween but I am not at all interested in making the armor - however I am attempting at making some of the weapon props. Yesterday I did a quick mockup of a 1:1 scale gravity hammer out of stuff I found lying in my attic plus a some additions from Home Depot. Sorry in advance for the large pics
here is the overall view - it measures 8 foot 8 inches
1796238320_1ce6e044ee_b.jpg

the "hammer" part is made up of cardboard and and old ab roller I destroyed for parts it is about 2 feet in length
1796239092_2f793d934b_b.jpg

Here is another view - Notice the space in the front - that is where the electronics will be housed for the LEDs
1795400561_6db56cf909_b.jpg

The pole is made up of plumbing pipe from home depot I used both 1 inch and 3/4 inch with the adapters to space it out. The bottom pipe is 1"x10" the middle is 3/4"x36" the "handle" pipe is 3/4"x10" and the top pipe is 1"x24". It is heavy I'm guessing about 10 pounds. All the pipe and adapters cost me $25 from Home Depot. The handle pipe also has been wrapped with material from a cheapo samurai sword.
1796239668_26943d42cb_b.jpg

ODDBALL skull
1795401255_7a23ded85e_b.jpg

I know its not even close to accurate but since I have a year till next halloween I have plenty of time. Any suggestions for my build? Im thinking of sculpting all the detailed parts out of aves apoxie http://www.avesstudio.com/Products/products.html anyone familiar with this stuff? Also I have not figured out how I am going to attach the blade and hammer to the pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back