Group Project - Young Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put up a vote tonight Dirtdives . Maybe start on the belt part?

The build party was cool and I'm going to look into seeing if we can set up some sort of Twitch Team so that we can announce when we do builds ahead of time and then have a party chat going and people can hop between screens. Just spitballing ideas for future improvements.
View attachment 254992

I dont know what that means, but I'm all for it! The only improvements I'd like for Thursday's build is. 1. A video chat program that shows all of us in equal windows at the same time. Since you were recording we often didn't get to see your screen in the video when you were explaining something. 2. Make the recording in mp4? I don't have high end programs so my file options for editing are limited. I think mp4 is the most universally accepted.

Before we record the next video I wanted to see if everyone has been able to make a little progress on their pieces?

Schankerz I wasn't sure if we ever finished the math on the helmet opening. Here's what I came up with based on our last recording.

upload_2018-5-8_12-41-51.png

So if you make the three pieces of DFT's helmet opening measure 63.75.... then at least we know he'll be able to get it on. :)
Seems a little big to me, but it's a start.

*I don't know why this other picture won't go away. :(

upload_2018-5-8_12-41-9.png

Before we record the next video I wanted to see if everyone has been able to make a little progress on their pieces?

Schankerz I wasn't sure if we ever finished the math on the helmet opening. Here's what I came up with based on our last recording.

View attachment 255306
So if you make the three pieces of DFT's helmet opening measure 63.75.... then at least we know he'll be able to get it on. :)
Seems a little big to me, but it's a start.

*I don't know why this other picture won't go away. :(

View attachment 255305

I've scaled and printed out my files. Currently in holding pattern waiting for the next build buds video to cut and assemble the pieces.

Also, that was for an internal circumference of the helmet and external of my noggin. Foam files are the template for the external surface so you'll need a slight tweak to adjust for foam thickness. I'll see if I can dig up the PDF files that I printed for my helmet and get you a scale factor from that to shrink down to munchkin size.

Last edited:
Week 2 is up!

The other guys aren't really working on Spartan Jr's stuff, but there are still some helpful tips in there. You just have to wade through ridiculousness to find it. :)

20 minutes long yes... but edited from almost 4 hours of footage...

Last edited:
PerniciousDuke I was a little lazy in all the bevel cuts.
I wouldn't say you were lazy. I'd say the bevel cuts on those vents were ridiculous. I edited out the part where we were cursing the file creator, who happens to be my CO. :lol:
I'm gonna try a different tactic, the one Turbo showed, just three pieces glued together in a cascade.

I wouldn't say you were lazy. I'd say the bevel cuts on those vents were ridiculous. I edited out the part where we were cursing the file creator, who happens to be my CO. :lol:
I'm gonna try a different tactic, the one Turbo showed, just three pieces glued together in a cascade.
Considering foam files are just edited pep files it's hard to judge if some of the templates convert over well.
If I had the time and a tonne of patience I would definitely unfold my own foam files.

I think I might join up next time. I need a webcam, tho. Seems like you guys had fun, and the shenanigan meter hasn't yet reached its full potential. I assure you, it will. Mwahaha.

I usually unfold my own foam files. Everyone has their own workflow and techniques, I find that it is easier to unfold things myself, rather than use the workflow of the unfolder. If that makes any sense, lol. My foam work has improved because of it. Freehanding is also super beneficial if you have an eye for it. Just depends on personal preference. I would definitely recommend experimentation, to find out for yourself. I personally dig freehanding. Making custom templates takes some practice, patience, and a ton of references.

I just was watching the YouTube video on this!! And man I can't wait to see how it comes out and the look on the little boys face!!! This Is why I love the 405th! And beyond greatful for being part of it! And like it was said before I would love to help but idk how exactly!!:) and I remember seeing the mom's post on that Facebook group! So cool!:) keep up the absoutly amazing work guys!!

What? Necro is 3 months! We've still got blood pumping through our veins!

We did a third video, but had some technical difficulties where we lost some footage. We should be recording a fourth video in a week or two.

Deadline isn't until mid August so probably not much to show till mid July. :D

What? Necro is 3 months! We've still got blood pumping through our veins!

We did a third video, but had some technical difficulties where we lost some footage. We should be recording a fourth video in a week or two.

Deadline isn't until mid August so probably not much to show till mid July. :D

Funny story about that, I just recovered the video file and within the first minute I can be quoted as "Don't worry, it won't kill my computer".

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back