Group Project - Young Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke hath requested a progress report, and so he shall geteth one!

IMG_3643.JPG

The helmets main components are now in place and now come the large amount of details, I've got some preeeetty swaggalicious ideas for this helm that I think people are gonna like

And as a bonus here's me doing my best Dirtdives impression...
IMG_3644.JPG

IMG_2723.jpg

Pretty spot on if I dare say so ;)

Ok so the update was a few days late......still, have some pics:

Chest needs the side strap pieces, the cuts for accents, the logo for the add-on chest piece (the add on piece is done). Once those are done, I can get started on the butt plate and abdomen armor and cylinder. Now the shoulder pieces should have been a bit lower on the back side but since I need to custom fit the cylinder, I need a bit of room back there to figure out how and where it needs to go. The ab and butt pieces will be from DFT's 2nd go around w/ the ODST build.

IMG_0140.JPG
IMG_0141.JPG

Hey guys, just confirming that this is the logo we are going with:
images.jpg

I’ve got an early weekend update. Weather is crappy and 2 kids are sick and the oldest is suffering from a broken heart so my family is physically and emotionally all over the charts.

Got some detail scored on the chest, some additional abb pieces done as well. Now I hope you guys don’t make mind but I added an additional etched design on the shoulder. The 405th logo. I think it came out really good. Let me know what you think.

7F547F70-5905-455B-A173-54520C4570A6.jpeg B9FFE99D-4B3E-470F-83F7-21FAF7B3171B.jpeg

I’ve got an early weekend update. Weather is crappy and 2 kids are sick and the oldest is suffering from a broken heart so my family is physically and emotionally all over the charts.

Got some detail scored on the chest, some additional abb pieces done as well. Now I hope you guys don’t make mind but I added an additional etched design on the shoulder. The 405th logo. I think it came out really good. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 257254 View attachment 257255
thats good! did you do it by hand?
this also made me realize something, if you sharpen a cookie cutter it would make for easy shapes on costumes

Semi-freehand. I used a template out of one of my 405th stickers for the outlines but the lettering and stars were freehand

Ok so I I have the chest emblem etched out. I just need to hit it w/ the heat gun now. But this is what it looks like right now.
B155165C-7BC9-4593-AB94-B76791A6D7BA.jpeg F0249555-279C-41B6-9EBA-0054CFE0FE42.jpeg

It was a lot easier than I though ......just time consuming. A little over 3 hours start to finish. But well worth it. Hopefully I can get the last of the lower abdomen pieces done this weekend.

Wow! that's looking great Dirtdives !

Hopefully I caught you before you started, but I've already made the butt plate. It was the only piece I was designated to make. But now I'm gonna have to steal something from somebody because I'm bored. I'm thinking maybe the thigh plates...

If you want.........I haven't been able to size the lower abb section correctly......if you pick that up, I can focus on the cylinder section for the back.I have to fabricate that by hand.

11209417_931720320204527_252012382330361057_n.jpg This is the section I'm talking about.

And here is the chest emblem all heated up:

IMG_0169.JPG way better than even I anticipated......I want one of these for myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back