Group Project - Young Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aight lit, where can I find and/or create these pepekra and armor smith files

The Armoury has pretty much any pepakura file you'd ever need for a Halo costume. .pdo files are pepakura files made to work with Pepakura Designer which are surface unfolds of models.

Armorsmith is a program where you have a made to you scaled avatar where you can toss the .pdo files to check that they're scaled correctly before printing, cutting and gluing everything.

The situation is illuminated familial unit.

The Armoury has pretty much any pepakura file you'd ever need for a Halo costume. .pdo files are pepakura files made to work with Pepakura Designer which are surface unfolds of models.

Armorsmith is a program where you have a made to you scaled avatar where you can toss the .pdo files to check that they're scaled correctly before printing, cutting and gluing everything.

Yo that’s freaking dope thank you

so is that armory program a one time buy like a game or is it a subscription

Anyways, back to the project...

Does anyone have any ideas on when they'll start construction?
Jme Dirtdives TurboCharizard Schankerz mblackwell1002

I was hoping we might be able to get a video chat/build party in by the end of this month.

If you guys could tell me what time on weekdays and also what time on weekends you generally have your free time to build (in your own time zone) then I can compile and suggest a time that might work for everyone.

Bobanator125 if you have any more questions unrelated to the project just private message ("start a conversation" button) with any of us and we'll be happy to help you.

Anyways, back to the project...

Does anyone have any ideas on when they'll start construction?
Jme Dirtdives TurboCharizard Schankerz mblackwell1002

I was hoping we might be able to get a video chat/build party in by the end of this month.

If you guys could tell me what time on weekdays and also what time on weekends you generally have your free time to build (in your own time zone) then I can compile and suggest a time that might work for everyone.

Bobanator125 if you have any more questions unrelated to the project just private message ("start a conversation" button) with any of us and we'll be happy to help you.

I'm free after 1500 Pacific most days which lines up pretty with Schankerz. My weekends are pretty much dedicated in the shop time but I'm not against bringing a headset and webcam down into the area, you'll just have to excuse the chaos that is my crafting corner.

Dirtdives - the mom said, "As for symbols, he is a huge fan of Marvel and Star Wars, and he would recognize any of those. He really likes Capt. America."

Wanna throw some ideas at us for the chest symbol? Keep in mind it shouldn't fight too hard with the Jorge connection we're trying to make.

Edit: I'm liking the idea of Thor's hammer. It's from a marvel character, the image is strong playing in with Jorge's character and nods towards Jorges's eventual upgrade to Mjolnir armor. What do you think?

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around for a bit..........RL stuff. Any way, I think I have an idea to incorporate 2 aspects of this......Thor's hammer and Cap's shield.

images.jpg
The hammer image needs to be a simple design or it can't be cut properly and then it will just look sloppy. I can do away w/ the thunderbolts on the side, and yes I'm aware that the symbol is not in the right position.......so if I make additional concentric circles, they can be colored properly to represent Cap's shield.

As for time schedule.......provided its not on a Fri night or Sat morning..........mostly available 7:30ish East Coast time. I just need to print out my templates and I'll be ready to go.

As for the canister......I don't think that can be an add on.....I think it needs to be incorporated into the back piece fully. It would need to contour to the back piece and I don't think that can be done separably and then attached w/ clasps. Not to say that collaboration w/ Schankerz isn't a good idea......collaboration is what this is all about. I think I can do it though.....It's a semi free-handed piece to be sure. I can pull the templates off the regular George PDO but will have to conform to the ODST back piece.

Last edited:
Ah I was going to say I haven’t felt my Canadian-ness being scrutinized from a distance in some time

Yeah I see what you mean, if you’re alright with it you can take over the canister for me and I can focus on making the helmet super duper rad

Yeah, I can take it.....As for scrutiny......its mostly ridicule rather than scrutiny......:p, but I can step it up if you you feel lonely........

13 alerts in 4 hours Dirtdives must be back. :D

Sounds good, man! I was picturing the canister being made full and then I would dremel out the shape so the it could fit into the back. If you want to build it though I've no objection. You sure it's not too much? We could try to have someone else make the front belt pieces..

I'll post up a poll about the emblem see if we can get some more votes in. Welcome back!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on. New position at work is keeping me really busy along with family.

I absolutely want to participate in the project, but don't think that I am going to be able to commit to doing shins and thighs and the hip-thingies...

Probably just shins as I don't want to hold up the project...

As for time to build, I really have no idea, for me its when I get a spare moment.

I absolutely want to participate in the project, but don't think that I am going to be able to commit to doing shins and thighs and the hip-thingies...

Probably just shins as I don't want to hold up the project...

No worries good sir, if you need to toss some parts aside, let me know and I can take a few onto my plate.

It has begun.

Is it pretty? No. But, I'm learning. Thank you TurboCharizard and Dirtdives for giving me pointers.

View attachment 254989

I learned how to trace patterns, cut regular edges, cut bevel edges and glue two pieces of foam together. Once we get a few more sessions in we'll put up a video so you can watch too.

I'm proud of you man. The hardest part of learning a new technique is starting!

I wish I could say I got more progress in than I did but I started the sketches for the Needler. The build party was cool and I'm going to look into seeing if we can set up some sort of Twitch Team so that we can announce when we do builds ahead of time and then have a party chat going and people can hop between screens. Just spitballing ideas for future improvements.
upload_2018-4-21_22-1-15.png

Guys, do we have a consensus on the emblem? I have my templates sized and I'm ready to start cutting foam. It's not going to take me long to get to the chest piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back