Guardians - Live Action Trailers Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveeemega

For those of you who haven't seen the Halo 5: Guardians live action trailer, here it is

"All hail the conquering hero. Let us remember him as our protector, and not as the one who gave us this. As our Savior and not as our Betrayer. Let us see him forever, as you, and not as you. All hail the conquering hero. The one who was supposed to save us all, but now I must save us from you"

So here is are a few things I have noticed.
1- Infinity is in the background around 10 seconds in (and appears to have heavy damage taken to it, as most of the ground seems to have taken a beating also). That may hint that after the comic series Chief and Infinity drag something back to Reach (It is probably Reach because we can see the two moons in the background).
2-Agent Locke continuously says "All hail the conquering hero" meaning that he might be trying to preserve Chief's honor as all of humanity's savior.
3-Locke only has three round left in his BR. Meaning he must have already used nearly all the ammo already.
4-Chief has a burning wound and damage to his armor (that looks like it basically blew off his arm). Agent Locke could not have inflicted that kind of damage with the weapons he had (BR and Magnum). So what did that damage to Chief? Could there be more Spartans after Chief?
5- Agent Locke has both a health bar and a Shield bar in his HUD, so we now know the health will be returning in Halo 5.
6- Could it be symbolic that CHief is dying not only under his own statue, but under the phrase "DUTY AND HONOR ABOVE ALL"?
7- Chief got a new set of armor. The damage to the right side of his chest piece is gone and the armor also appears a few shades greener.
8- Master Chief's armor is the armor from halo 4 (after the nanobots rebuilt it in cryo-sleep), so the statue was built post Didact situation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok everybody I just saw that a second trailer was released, here is the video

"This. Is this what you wanted? Is this what you were looking for? Was everything you've compromised, everything you've done, worth it? Was it? You've completed your mission Spartan Locke. Mine is just beginning"

Now time for some things I noticed
1- Now it appears that the first trailer took place earlier in time compared to the second. We know this because the statue of Chief is damaged in the second video, but not in the first.
2- Chief has a shiny new set of armor.
3- Chief is also low on ammo, showing that he has been through some type of fight.
4- The HUD on chief's helmet is completely different from Locke's. We may be getting helmet specific HUDs.
5- What is this new mission Chief has? Could he have actually gone rogue and is killing an ONI operative sent to find him? Is this because of his loss of Cortana and him posibly going crazy from loneliness and loss?

THEORY that can be gathered from the first trailer.
Could it be possible that Chief may have brought the flood back with him and became infected himself? Agent Locke says "...the one who was supposed to save us all. But now, I must save us from you" so that even further points toward the chance of the flood returning. Also if you just look at the burning ground, it looks similar to how Reach looked after it was glassed. Maybe some covenant ships glassed an area of the planet in an attempt to kill off the flood that Chief brought back with him. So Locke could be the good guy in this game due to the fact he trying to stop the flood, or he could be the bad guy because he is ONI and out to kill Chief for some unknown reason.

What do you guys out there think of the trailers? Did anybody spot some detail that I may have missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailers were awesome! These trailers have me really excited for the campaign! With that said, several thoughts entered my mind.

The Agent Locke Trailer

(Totally caught me off guard)

1. That's definitely the Infinity on fire. Could it have sustained heavy fire from covenant cruisers or another forerunner ship? The planet Reach could be an option. I'm not aware of other planets with 2 moons and have been terraformed from glassed planets.
2. I interpreted him saying that phrase in a mocking manner. The "conquering hero" who lies at Locke s feet.
3. This is definitely the case. But if you notice his HUD has a DMR, not a BR which he drops later in a scene. Inconsistency or just a play on whether or not this is real?
4. I agree. No type of Human weaponry could have made that type of impact (besides maybe a rail gun). I'm thinking that's plasma or hard light damage. I'm thinking it's more plasma damage. Can we insinuate that the elites loyal to the Arbiter held a joint operation with Agent Locke to take down the Chief? (playable elites perhaps in Halo 5?) This may not be the case though because spartans can be outfitted with plasma and hard light weaponry.
5. The Halo 5 MP Beta is proof of that as well.
6. I suppose?
7. Given that there may be several inconsistencies already, I wouldn't rule it out that this could be one as well.
8. Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically the armor the Master Chief is wearing is the armor he always had. It's the same Mark VI armor. It's just a different artistic interpretation. I could see the statue being erected between the end of the human covenant war and the present (of their time).

The mountain at 0:12, anyone have any ideas where this is taking place?

The Master Chief Trailer

(He sure seemed peeved at Locke)

1. Certainly there is a time difference. Assuming these trailers are different outcomes of a battle, this trailer could have depicted the battle before the Spartan Locke trailer would have happened.We really can't say.
2. He sure does.
3. He also has 3 grenades in one section. *Mind Blown*. Will the 3 grenade count be a new standard or is this another discrepancy?
4. This would be cool. I also noticed that the HUD's health bar was separated into 4 segments similar to Mass Effect 3's health layout.
5. A mission to restore Cortana or
the iso-didact theory...thingy. It's a long story. There are a couple of theories on YouTube explaining this. He could also be referring to him accepting the role as a didact and the mantle.

May I also point out the plasma/hard light damage on Locke's armor. This damage did not seem to come from the Master Chief. Could this also be an indication of the Chief partially aligning himself with Halsey and Jul Mdama? Blue team could be part of all of this as well. The plasma scoring could have came from a joint operation with elites and the chief taking out Agent Locke. Maybe Prometheans are involved in this fiasco somehow.

Chief ain't infected although I certainly will not rule out the Flood coming back. These trailers seem to be merely symbolic of the struggles happening on both sides. I keep reading (mostly Youtube comments) that this could be Halo taking a turn to choice making. I really don't see this being the case. We will be playing as Agent Locke and The Master Chief. Having two different endings would be contrary to what Halo is about.

It's all about hunting the truth. I wouldn't put it past ONI to manipulate Agent Locke into believing "their" truth. I would never trust the "spooks" at ONI especially since Osman is in charge now. They will do anything to get their way.

What if ONI is being manipulated by the Didact? Since they have forerunner artifacts, they could be indoctrinated (More than likely not. Reminds me of Mass Effect).

I have to think we're being fed a new side of the story from ONI and the UNSC. Stemming from Halo 4, they want to decommission the Master Chief as unfit for duty.
We see him directly disobey orders to try and stop the Didact and save Cortana.
Whatever Chief's plan is -- find a way to bring back Cortana or fight off a new threat, a portion of the UNSC has considered him AWOL and a threat to their operations or intelligence.
They send Locke and the Arbiter to hunt him down and stop him.

-- I think the statue in Locke's trailer being in better shape is a metaphor for how the public views the Chief.
-- While it's damaged in Chief's perspective as he knows the real story and the ugly truth of what he's been through and what the UNSC had to do to get the Spartans to become what they were.

The seeds have always been planted for this. Colonel Ackerson never believed in the Spartans and they tried to kill the Chief on the first day he received Cortana. They created their own Spartans and tried to phase out the S2's.
They don't want Cortana back. She would have every bit of information about the Spartan programs, Covenant, Forerunners and every other secret the UNSC is hiding from the public.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I'm not sure how much of the actual specifics of the plot of Halo 5 are being revealed here. We know from previous information, like the cut scene in the MCC that Locke is hunting the Chief for ONI. However,given the fact that there is a long history of the live action Halo advertisements being non-canonical, I don't think the scene in the trailer will actually ever play out in-game. Just think about all the stuff from the "Believe" ad campaign that we never even saw in Halo 3, or was even remotely close to how things went in game.

Did anybody listen to the Hunt the Truth podcast also?

It had me think about something I've never considered -- Did Master Chief's clone die? Do we have any official record of it? Maybe he survived?

chief not bad lock is oni made have tried to kill the arbiter and the chief is coming to make a point or this is about to take a mass effect turning point because the lay out is about the same.

Did anybody listen to the Hunt the Truth podcast also?

It had me think about something I've never considered -- Did Master Chief's clone die? Do we have any official record of it? Maybe he survived?

Listened to the podcasts and did some reading research on all the books, not complete reading just some light surfing.

It seems like it would point to his clone dying, however I am fairly sure that all the clones used to replace the children when they were taken were made to die, but I am not sure, I can't remember where I got that info from.

Listened to the podcasts and did some reading research on all the books, not complete reading just some light surfing.

It seems like it would point to his clone dying, however I am fairly sure that all the clones used to replace the children when they were taken were made to die, but I am not sure, I can't remember where I got that info from.
That's my understanding as well, but hearing reports of his clone living and boxing at 12 years old was odd and then finding documents that he died at age 6. So when did the clone die? If he lived until a healthy 12, that's more than they were designed to do.

I haven't read every post so someone may or may not have suggested this, and its just a guess, but is it possible that they allow you to choose which story line to play through as either master chief or agent Locke, hence the two separate outcomes of each trailer? I know its a long shot, but I just wanted to throw my two cents into the circle. I doubt thats what it is but I just had the thought that it could be possible, so I had to see what everyone else thinks

you know what something tell me that the big forerunner ai that came out of the ground was the one fighting the other one now lets not forget the first one where lock was acting like a big shot. plus it looks like the cheif was shot with a beam rifle, I mean the whole is pretty big, plus look at locks motion tracker when the chief moves on the ground no blid on it so this might be a teaser to something bigger.

I haven't read every post so someone may or may not have suggested this, and its just a guess, but is it possible that they allow you to choose which story line to play through as either master chief or agent Locke, hence the two separate outcomes of each trailer?

I mentioned it slightly. I'm more leaning towards what Cadet said. These aren't actual depictions from the campaign or scenes that may be similar in the campaign. Most if not all trailers released for any halo game never spoiled details from the campaign. The way Halo has progressed through the years, adding different timelines would be drastic and out of place. Halo was never about making decisions for the playable characters and personally, I would not want it. Since we can play as the Master Chief and Spartan Locke, I can see Halo 5 playing similar to Halo 2. Halo 2 split up the campaign with playable characters in different instances. Anything is a guess at this point.

I mentioned it slightly. I'm more leaning towards what Cadet said. These aren't actual depictions from the campaign or scenes that may be similar in the campaign. Most if not all trailers released for any halo game never spoiled details from the campaign. The way Halo has progressed through the years, adding different timelines would be drastic and out of place. Halo was never about making decisions for the playable characters and personally, I would not want it. Since we can play as the Master Chief and Spartan Locke, I can see Halo 5 playing similar to Halo 2. Halo 2 split up the campaign with playable characters in different instances. Anything is a guess at this point.

if this is ture then halo is in part halo 2. anyways lock didn't seem that over the top when he was talking to the arbiter.

I've been wondering that too. The clone deaths were explained a little in the Kilo-five novels - Halo 'Glasslands' and 'The Thursday War'
All clones were supposed to die around age 6 from my understanding. Don't hold me to it as I can't recall word-for-word.

These trailers certainly fueled my anticipation for grasping any truth discovered.

I've been wondering that too. The clone deaths were explained a little in the Kilo-five novels - Halo 'Glasslands' and 'The Thursday War'
All clones were supposed to die around age 6 from my understanding. Don't hold me to it as I can't recall word-for-word.

These trailers certainly fueled my anticipation for grasping any truth discovered.

it was a bit with halesy and the old oni head. something about they had a fail safe built in or something like that. plus aren't the muitl player maps in main story line in a way, sure reach over did it, but if they do it right like a location you can see in the game but can't reach.

Anybody listen to the second HuntTheTruth podcast?

Again, something isn't adding up. Half of the witnesses say John's clone died at 6 like he was supposed to. Another half say he was alive until he was at least 13 years old.
Records say he died at 6.
Military and civilians say they met him well afterwards.

Was there 2 clones? I hope they're not just making a group of people lie about it all and ONI is orchestrating a massive intergalactic cover-up.

It's pretty clear to me that ONI is feeding Giraud with false propaganda. The interviewees are paid by ONI to give false witness about the master chief. The propaganda is supposed to point towards John having a motivation to join the military and eventually become the master chief. There are no double clones, just the one clone that died at age 6.

fox, the Forward unto Dawn is never mentioned in the second podcast. The ship they mention is called the UNSC Unto the Breach.

the guy working at oni... remember the other guy that found the Spartan intel to being with, which I hate to say this but I wise a frigate of mac would miss its target over earth and level bravo six along with him. just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back