GuitarMaster's ODST (on hold or never to be finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I necropost on my own thread? Well, I'm doing it anyway. So as you can see, no progress has been made on this build and I really haven't built anything in quite a long time. My helmets build thread went dead a while ago just because I lost all motivation to finish the Iron Man helm I had been working on and just never picked it back up. I could have finished the forearms for this build a while ago, but I ran out of foam and didn't see the point in ordering a ton off of amazon if it was just going to be the forearms that I was ever going to work on. So I didn't. It makes me pretty sad to think about now, and I really want a project to "keep myself busy," but school has been keeping me busy and I'd love to actually do some work on prop building or something that I at least enjoy. And I used to really love building props on this forum! I honestly loved it and the summer I was doing it was one of the best I ever had. But alas, all things come to an end.

However, I was able to build something last summer, of which I had a ton of fun with and really wish I could do again if I ever have the time or motivation. For my girlfriend, I made her Amy Rose's piko piko hammer from the Sonic the Hedgehog games, because we're both huge fans, and we went to Comic Con cosplaying as Sonic and Amy. Here are a few pics if you're interested:

1014439_534916539897010_780441930_n.jpg

9-10BaltCos14.jpg

That hammer was a blast to build, because it was all with a technique that I've never even really seen before. It's all made out of pink insulation foam, which is actually a really fun material to work with, granted you have a band saw. The panels on the side of the hammer also used up the last of my EVA foam, so I'm literally out of the stuff now.

Anyway, that awesome cosplay endeavour with my girlfriend has gotten us thinking about what to do about comic con for this coming year, and it got me thinking: what if we both go as ODSTs? She's never been into video games, let alone first-person shooters, but she does think it's adorable how much I used to be (yeah, I don't even have time to play Halo at all anymore, lol). She does love my dummy, Fernando, and she told me that she would be open to the idea of me building her a suit just like that.

So, I've been entertaining the idea quite a bit myself, and since I don't think that I'll have a job this summer, and my senior year is going to consist of six APs (all work and no play), I figure that this summer will be my last run at doing something seriously awesome. At the moment, I have a project I'm working on for a friend (that I will hopefully finish, unlike this nonsense), and that'll take up a little bit of the sliver of free time that I have left. Once that's over, and once summer comes, maybe you'll see me put up a new build thread. Maybe not. I just re-downloaded pepakura viewer and I'm going to put in a lot of thought and planning before I drink the Kool-aid and start buying supplies for a new daunting project.

By my reckoning, a new ODST build won't be too hard because I remember how I did everything the first time, so it could possibly run pretty smoothly through. We'll see though.

Here's to hoping that hopes might soon become reality. Until next time...

God Bless, Decibel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back