GuitarMaster's ODST (on hold or never to be finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your armor is looking great man, I Hope my foam builds comes out as well as yours. I have problems with trying to use the heat gun to form the foam. Any tips?

Your armor is looking great man, I Hope my foam builds comes out as well as yours. I have problems with trying to use the heat gun to form the foam. Any tips?

Thanks! All I can say is make sure to heat up both sides considerably (hot enough to the point that it's almost uncomfortable to hold) and make sure to hold it in place, maybe blow on it to help it cool. Good Luck!
how long does it take you to do this..

I've been working on it quite a while, if I sit down and do nothing else, a couple of big pieces can be finished easily in less than a weekend. Though I've been working on this for many months, if you don't have motivation or work ethic, DO NOT ATTEMPT

The build looks great! The foam work is amazing - just a slight observation on your ID card.

Your grade says O-7, but you have your rank as LT. (O-7 would be General)
Assuming you are going off of the Halo 3 rank structure (or even in real life rank structure - minus Navy) a LT is O-1.

There are only 7 officer ranks in Halo 3. Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Commander, Colonel, Brigadier, and General - each with 4 sub grades.
So by that structure, a LT would be an O-1/1-4

Other than that, looks great!

Your grade says O-7, but you have your rank as LT. (O-7 would be General)
Assuming you are going off of the Halo 3 rank structure (or even in real life rank structure - minus Navy) a LT is O-1.

Yeah, I wouldn't have known that. I'm 14 and live in Maryland. I don't have much experience with really any of that, so I just put something with the number 7 in it :) If I ever redo it, I'll make sure to change that

No worries - it's a tiny detail - just struck me as odd s'all. I'm active military so when I saw that it made no sense - so I looked up the Halo rank structure just to see - they have mixed stuff before and who knows right.....

Nothing against you - it's your build - I was just commenting!

Again - awesome job man - tip of the hat :D

Sent from my iPhone5 using mind control!

Hey, guys! Haven't updated this thread in a while, but ever since Sandy was ever so nice to destroy the East Coast and get me out of school for a while, I've had the boredom and motivation to work on my ODST suit! And with the H4 release coming up fast, I might as well get some work done!

SHIN! Wasn't that bad to build, now I gotta make another one. There is no back, just a strap. I had to make it very tight for my stick-like legs, and there was no way I could have just slid my foot in there if it was so tight. It came out pretty well.
9C9FCEFB-8677-42AA-BA1E-F1D1B678EEB8-537-00000019CE842632.jpg

The whole lower leg. Notice the top of the shin is cut off by the knee, because apparently the shin is a little too big for me, so to get the knee to stay between the shin and thigh, I had to cover part of the shin with the knee.
2E909B10-65E5-4BC6-B2AD-BF98DD764C49-537-00000019D4318CBA.jpg

I'll work on the other shin tonight, start sealing and pray for a good day to paint before the launch comes around.
What's the minimum temperature that I can spray paint in?

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great, you got the same boots and gloves as i do for my ODST. I kinda cheated with the chest armor, I got a tactical vest and made the center chest piece and strapped it to the vest. Keep up the good work :)

NOOO! A DOUBLE POST!! please forgive me, I has progress...

Lower body: DONE
8EB575CF-A2F8-4BAE-97F6-5A8FF04D7903-2808-0000014E188380B1.jpg

Most of the suit is finished, minus the forearms, which I don't have time to do before the release, but that's just fine with me! Now here's a video of me playing the Halo theme on bass. It's a little quiet, so you might have to turn your volume up a bit.

I'll see if I can't post some pics of the H4 premier that's going down at the Harford Mall down here in Maryland. I probably won't see any of you there, but I'm still sure it'll be fun! See you later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you guys made me triple post, but here are some pics of the Halo 4 release.

Just me chillin.
A406D0E4-1FB8-48DC-9CAA-08AEFF93BF08-2461-00000070A096CBA2.jpg

My mom wanted to get this pic.
5C9E38F8-7226-46D0-8B7E-22A679E47680-2461-00000070AB3CF2F3.jpg

Limited edition FTW!
73DAF7D8-CA9A-45CE-A1DE-2BAC8156E809-2461-00000070AFF3F18D.jpg

So I've been playing only campaign so far (no spoilers) and all I can complain about is why is there no campaign scoring/metagame or whatever it's called? I loved that but it looks like it's just gone.

GuitarMaster157,

I'm building a foam ODST myself, and I think you did an amazing job at your first go. I just gotta ask, why is it "On hold or never to be finished" in your signature and at the top? You're so close to being complete, and it is a great first build that I think it's a shame you aren't finishing it.

As a fellow soon to be ODST in a sea of Spartans, come on, finish your great build!

I will watch that guitar video when I get home, then I will comment here on how freakin awesome it was.

It was freakin awesome!

I just gotta ask, why is it "On hold or never to be finished" in your signature and at the top? You're so close to being complete, and it is a great first build that I think it's a shame you aren't finishing it.

The only reason that it currently isn't finished is because all that I have left to do are the forearms, and I have no deadline or current plans to wear this out anywhere. I'd like to finish the forearms at some point, just for the sake of finishing the baby, but I don't have much motivation with school being around me all the time. I am working on a lot of pep helmets (which you can see in my sig) and I'm also starting a possible Sangheili build, so this costume isn't a top priority. I still look at it occasionally, and that makes me very happy with myself, but like I said before: I am so content with it how it is, I don't think it even needs to be finished. Once summer comes around, I'll be working on everything I can possibly manage, and I'll probably do the forearms sometime then.

Thanks for the comment, I hope your build goes well ;)

In response to your " no scoring " 343 didn't have time but they may be adding it in with a future update. It's nice to know when you've killed enemy's .

GuitarMaster157,

good to hear! I know all about getting surrounded by school, no worries there mate. I was just curious and wanted to offer up motivation if it was needed. Glad to hear you'll get to it eventually and I have seen your helmet builds, they're looking far better than I could achieve when I started out. Pepakura and I have a long standing love-hate relationship!

Looking forward to seeing your Elite build, that'd be pretty sweet.

So I don't have any progress on the suit, but here's something in relation to the suit.

Duct tape dummy! His name is Fernando. Yes, I'm that odd to name a dummy. He looks too real to just be called an object, so I named him. He wasn't perfect being made, but it did not turn out bad at all. This is your classic duct tape dummy with a duct tape skin, PVC skeleton and newspaper stuffings. Pretty darn good! I decided to put the flight suit on him, stand him in the boots and lean him against the wall in my room because why not? He's kinda creepy, but I don't really care. I like him!
13B20F25-6359-4A4E-9AC1-52634583B1E7-3565-0000011A5C17D0D7.jpg

He's a rocker, lol
CCA858DD-6810-4278-BB90-B96D0ACE04AC-3565-0000011A64FED7A7.jpg

And the view from my bed. Only a little creepy to wake up with this guy in my room...
955669AC-E80B-4F8E-BA58-78BE03F0C365-3565-0000011A6A811BF3.jpg

So, it still bothers me that this armour isn't complete, just the forearms to go. However, I have no deadline besides comic con so far from now... I'll most definitely do the forearms over the summer, just to get some closure on this project. The only active project I have right now is the Iron Man helmet, but there still hasn't been any good weather here in Maryland to get out and do any resin work... Waiting for spring...

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back