Gun slinger's Noble Six WIP (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunSlinger219

Hello all! I've been working away on a little project in my spare time creating a character from one of my favorite games (from a customization point of view anyways) and figured I've got enough done to showcase some of my work and get some constructive criticism. be forewarned, however that i have only gotten some of the pepakura work done so far and I'm a little meticulous with almost everything i do. so without further delay, i present to you my best attempt!
w8WzK46.jpg

j99vxWg.jpg

RiuZwzL.jpg

glXxGs2.jpg

9fjlX0S.jpg

qki1vUI.jpg

1ZLA78C.jpg

pH2QWq5.jpg

C2ooBmB.jpg

HUYmZex.jpg

TCDlFM4.jpg

BOkYuP2.jpg

w8WzK46.jpg

RiuZwzL.jpg

I have more pieces built and I'll post some more pictures a little later tonight actually wearing the pieces, as i would like to get some of your opinions on the scale of what ive built so far. Thank you in advance for any comments or criticism about what i have done so far!

Last edited:
That's some mighty fine pep work there, very nicely done, may I advise adding additional supports on the interior of the parts to prevent warping when applying resin and fibreglass, I think it'll really help preserve the quality and accuracy of your pep work. Fantastic work so far, I can't wait to see more!

Thank you for the advice and kind words Nemesis, i know that warping is a big concern with pepakura, however I'm not too sure how i'll manage to create braces for the larger pieces such as the chest and thighs. Some research will have to be done before i tackle the resin process i suppose.
In total, this is what i have done so far!
xUr3RGK.jpg

One of my main concerns at the moment is if the scale is appropriate thus far. So far i'm extremely happy with the fit of the chest and legs, but i'm thinking i may have made the biceps a tad on the large side, but i want some other opinions before i tackle re-pepping them.
On one hand, without the torso it almost seems like the biceps are much too big, but wearing the torso they seem much more to scale. let me know what you guys think!
HuC54Lm.jpg

Gl4jdZ8.jpg

Id2eS46.jpg

J811eUL.jpg

ECkNgfm.jpg

Once again, all criticism is more than welcome!

Ah I love seeing those clean lines ! well done !! also Is it just me or is the chest piece a little small ?

Thank you Artifice! Im trying my best with the pep, just because i know it saves a lot of time further down the line. I'm not too sure if the chest is a bit too small or if the biceps are just too big and making the chest look smaller than it is. as it sits, i'm able to put the chest on without too much worry about bending it or messing up any of the pep work and i would think that if its too small it would be a lot harder to do. The furthest points of the shoulders on the chest also seem to line up pretty well with where my arm articulates, so i'm not 100% sure.

So over the past few days, i've completed the right thigh and helmet, only to find the helmet looking a little too big. Once i'm done with the shoulder pads i'll check and see if that makes it look a little more proportional I'm getting close to being done with the first draft of the pep work, and seeing it all come together has gotten me pretty excited for the end result, which i'm planning to have look along these lines
4gra69n.png

And for the size test of the helmet..!
nQP5uDK.jpg

s0bn2fm.jpg
zd5asAH.jpg

Thank you Artifice! Im trying my best with the pep, just because i know it saves a lot of time further down the line. I'm not too sure if the chest is a bit too small or if the biceps are just too big and making the chest look smaller than it is. as it sits, i'm able to put the chest on without too much worry about bending it or messing up any of the pep work and i would think that if its too small it would be a lot harder to do. The furthest points of the shoulders on the chest also seem to line up pretty well with where my arm articulates, so i'm not 100% sure.

So over the past few days, i've completed the right thigh and helmet, only to find the helmet looking a little too big. Once i'm done with the shoulder pads i'll check and see if that makes it look a little more proportional I'm getting close to being done with the first draft of the pep work, and seeing it all come together has gotten me pretty excited for the end result, which i'm planning to have look along these lines
4gra69n.png

And for the size test of the helmet..!
nQP5uDK.jpg

s0bn2fm.jpg
zd5asAH.jpg

Another update, i got the shoulders finished over the past few days, and started working on the boots. after that its just the belt and i'll be mostly done with my pep work!!
XvOzMRh.jpg

sjsb3eW.jpg

aMPg6AN.jpg

1rJHKF2.jpg

s5EVVHn.jpg

Hello again! a little update for today! after sizing the boots wrong, i finally got around to re-scaling them and got a perfect fit for above my shoes. i have an idea of how i may be able to get them to work a little better with the shoe in the boot, but more on that later
xn4emnf.jpg

Now though, i have a question, this file for the belt is the only one i've been able to find, even in the armory, and the unfold on it (no offense to whomever did the unfold) seems a little... tedious. is there any files that might work better that i just haven't been able to find? if so, please point me in the right direction!
oISjZ1g.jpg

All that i have left to pep now is whichever pep file i go with for the belt, and then all of the pepakura for the armor is done! (I think anyhow)
I'll be opening up a thread on the props thread too as soon as i'm able to get some MDF and some high density foam, for emile's kukiri, the M45 shotgun, and either the SRS99 sniper or MA37.

Looking good man, my opinion on the biceps is that they are too large, by at least an inch, which is a shame if you decide to remake them because theyre so well peped :'(

and on another note, where did you get that sweet sweet boot file from?

Looks great so far! Maybe try to scale the bicep down enough to allow free movement so it doesn't bump and scratch the chest armour as you move around.

Thank you artifice!

Looking good man, my opinion on the biceps is that they are too large, by at least an inch, which is a shame if you decide to remake them because theyre so well peped :'(

and on another note, where did you get that sweet sweet boot file from?
Thank you whereisdanielle, i picked and chose files from all over the 405th, so i cant be 100% certain, but i think i got the file from the *official* halo reach files thread, if not then most likely in the armory! And after yours and RetiredClone's comments i think i am going to re pep them a little smaller, witch is a shame because i actually just got them resined, but in the long run its worth the extra work to have it fit and look right!
Thank you retired clone, and whereisdanielle its nice to get some advice about the sizing, hopefully the second pep of the biceps will turn out a little more to scale!

PROGRESS PICS FOR ALL!!!
JqWLx2a.jpg

lppsa8t.jpg

So, Everything except for the chest so far has been treated with the first coat of resin, and so for there has been no warpage except for around the little nose peice on the helm, but i figure that'll be easy enough to fix (hopefully). And he'res a little sneak peek at my next little project i have started! The kukiri and sheath will both be made out of MDF, i am unsure as of yet if i will be making a seperate thread for the knife and other weapons but time will tell!
C7yGPJm.jpg

So, a small update, i re pepped the left bicep, and now i think ive gone and made it too small. the first version of the bicep was already a bit tight around the elbow/lower part of the bicep, and now it's almost too tight. i'm thinking that if the scale looks right to you guys then i'll just dremel the opening a little larger to accommodate my biceps. i would personally think that this is a perfect scale if it wasn't for the small opening on the bottom of the piece, but let me know what you guys think of the scale this time around..!
xV7Rit3.jpg

oqReszy.jpg

fbeAX8D.jpg
2LsJNGc.jpg

Another fine pep job.... I know others have mentioned the biceps being big.... But it's really hard to tell on that reference picture. Personally I think the chest and fore arms seem small. But i feel bad critiquing someone else's work because I struggle with scale as well. My mkvi I think had 1 piece out of the whole suit that I got scaled right. On a good not I think you got the helmet spot on.

Thank you SI3RRA! After watching some RVB and looking at some reference shots i'm happy with the current size of the biceps, however i started to realise just how small the chest actually was on me, so allow me to introduce chest piece attempt 2!
dP2pmKM.jpg

La8CxLu.jpg

I should have gotten some pictures when i did the test fit (before i finished the pep work) but i am much happier with the sizing and detail of this peice. next up!!!
zwe4K6I.jpg

Now that is a sweet looking chest piece...I have to admit I missed this thread, but let me just say your pep work is FANTASTIC!!! You did mention that you were concerned about warping.....One trick you might try on those very large sections....glue a Popsicle stick or 2 on the inside of the piece before you resin the outside. This will keep the piece from "Caving in" so to speak. Going to keep tabs on this build now.

Can the pep be printed on a standard printer or does it need to be printed out at a store like staples or something?

Can the pep be printed on a standard printer or does it need to be printed out at a store like staples or something?
Pep can be printed at home just be sure to use cardstock and not regular printer paper

IM BAAAAAACK!!!!

after a long break and a long move, im back and getting back to work on the armor. I'll have some pictures up soon, but most of the peices have been rondoed and im currently starting work fiberglassing the helmet. When i get a bit more spare cash i'll be heading out to get more supplies as i've run out of resin, but it feels great to be getting back at something i enjoy doing as much as this!

A big thank you to Dirtdives for the kind words and the suggestion with the popsicle sticks, i'll definatley try that with the chest peice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back