Gundam - Rx-78-2 Wip, By Grave

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT-GRAVE said:
nothing there just spandex or something like it. theres no way to make that properly

Have you thought of making them a part of the pieces they join?

For example, fusing the part with the upper leg armor so it looks like it's an actual joint, but it's just an aesthetic bit that covers the knee. It would accomplish the aesthetic needs and retain mobility without being too complex. Of course, you'd need to do a bunch of jury-rigging to get it to fit right. But, the end product would be pretty amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
LT-GRAVE said:
no, im going to do it how the japanese cosplay kids do it with their suits

Ah, come on! What happened to your spirit of innovation?

That's what the 405th is all about! Finding new ways to make cooler things, then sharing your discoveries with the rest of this good, ol' band of brothers.

Well, to each his own. If I was making a Gundam, that's what I would do. Since it's your project, what you do is what you will do.

SchizophrenicMC said:
Ah, come on! What happened to your spirit of innovation?

That's what the 405th is all about! Finding new ways to make cooler things, then sharing your discoveries with the rest of this good, ol' band of brothers.

Well, to each his own. If I was making a Gundam, that's what I would do. Since it's your project, what you do is what you will do.

i like your idea.... i think i'll try it out when i finish the peices i am going to make the shoulders screw and bolt to the body so it can swivle in the middle.

I'm also doing RX-78-02 Gundam, but as my first armor. Is it possible to get those pep files from you? Or how does that work? I totally want to do what you're doing with the gundam armor.

DUDE!!! This is the first time I've looked over your topic, and I must say that what I've seen so far looks amazing. I just had a sudden urge to build my own suit of gundam armour. Though I think I'd go with your idea and mod it out a little. It's always good to be different. Though at the moment I'm torn between my custom Halo MK 6 armour, a custom gundam suit, or a suit of Borderlands bandit armour with weapons, ha ha. I really have to learn how to put my own pep files together though. I'm not too skilled in the art of 3D modelling.

But, like I said, it looks amazing. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing the final product, and I pray that you are able to find the time you need to bring this project to life.

OMG THIS IS AWESOME

Im going to start work on 2 suits, one for myself GN-0000 00 Gundam Scratch build as a prototype and GN-002 Dynames for a friend. I am going to get the 2 models first to use as a scale and ref and going to build it from styrene as a thought. but it would be awesome if there were pep files for them floating around somewhere

This stuff is pretty much the coolest thing I have seen. I can't wait to see this when it is done, Don't give up!!!! you can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back