Gundam - Rx-78-2 Wip, By Grave

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT GRAVE

ok. i know that i have restarted this thread, but i wanted to clean it up. also asked for the original to be removed.

sooooo.... this project is going to take a while, besides the cold tempatures, i also want to explore ways of strengthening each part so that it will stand up to use. unlike the other sets of armor on here the gundam is big and bulky, it will be banging off itself constantly. some pieces that i have highlighted in orange are pieces that either were not designed properly (the cylinder joints) or i do not feel that pep is the right thing to be using for this project. i hope within the next few months (end of feb at latest) i will have everything pep'd that need to be done.

once pep'd, i will start on the orange pieces and have everything ready for May to start the resin and bondo. with any luck everything will be pained and finished by halloween. all i have to do for that is pick my color scheme.

so now on with the pictures!

stage011209.jpg

now i know that the chest looks a bit warped. i havent fortified yet so it is drooping under its weight

pep011209-1.jpg
pep011209-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool , i like Gundam , but i'm a little bit septical about the movment of it , you see , Gundam articulation are made by 2 articulation points between 3 part , Human are made by one articulation point between 2 part , so there must be a litlle probleme 3 However the Idea is pretty awesome , and your work too .

ive seen a lot of these made out of foam board, they end up looking pretty good. i dont know how fiberglass is going end up looking. but im going to try my hardest.

what do you mean about the articulation points?

found a possible pep'd one

cosplay_gundam.jpg

Awesome, nice to see different project pop up, and I love gundam!

So far your build looks awesome, so please keep it coming =]

i will. right now i am working on new arm and leg designs that i will turn into pdo's some time soon. depending on how much of a pain this will be. i already have my design. now im just fixing the models and getting ready for some metasequia, then some pep designer.

and there goes the baby...DAMN! looks like i may be done for the night again

The newer .pdo is nearly spot on for a RX-79(G) from the 08th ms series, but I think they'd work just fine for the RX-78.

I may even be interested in them for an attempted scratch build of a 79 that I've been planning/trying to model for a few months now.

I have no clue what you are making but from my perspective the new foot piece looks alot better. It's got a little more angle and perspective.

It looks to me that your new pdos are for an RX-79(G) unit rather than the RX-78.

But its great to have someone modeling them as I don't think they're floating about the forums yet.

http://www.mahq.net/Mecha/Gundam/index.htm

There is a great site for reference and general specs on the various Gundams and other mecha through out the history of mech-animes.

oh ya, i have used that site for a long time. i love the amount of mechs that it has. best anime/robo site there is.

i may not end up with any of the rx-78s by the time im done everything, i may be a bit more of a custom unit.. but who knows, see what i come up with. though these new files are going to set me behind in my production schedule.. and all i wanted to do was work on the remake parts and i start whole new files.. blarg!

oh well, now to work on the new thigh pieces

damn its cold out! -20 c, so i guess thats like 0 fer for you americans..

ive been working hard and have designed the complete legs and arms tonight. tomorrow i will unfolf the bicep and forearm then everything is ready, unless i feel like doing the new body and backpack...hmmm. i do like the 8th ms style backpack. ah hell its 4:30am, im going to bed

gingersnapples said:
god thats cold, thank god im not in london, let alone anywhere near england, but it's still pretty cold here...

dude, im in canada

Queen said:
lol. Canada is my back yard. Those models of yours are looking fantastic, LT Grave!

thanks queen, if i can keep it up, im going to do as many parts as possible

ok next update, ive built one of the new boots. 1 piece, fits great!

too bad that it has taken 4 days to build it due to a screaming baby. but now its done and time to start the new shin. hopefully ill get some quiet time to get more work done.

boot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back