Gundamx67's Odst Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GundamX67

Alright, I recently posted a topic about cardboard armor, and got some great replies. Thanks everyone. It actually helped get my to finish it.

I managed to print out the Pep model, paste it on posterboard, cut it out, and assemble it. Also, going to work on the lower part and the shoulders/knees.

This is my first ever try. Give me some critiques, please.

*Note. Check out the TV in the back. I noticed it only when I was looking at the picture.

ALSO:
Because I maxxed out the attatchments here, I'll post a link to Imageshack.

OH, and does anyone know about using clips and belts for securing the armor, instead of using the entire piece as a fixed section of armor?

Nice job. You should definitely add buckles and continue. I do have a few questions though i too am making the halo 2 ODST and was wonder what scale you used and what you height and build is(thin, broad, ect.) Thanks, and nice work

nuhkschuitykaht said:
Nice job. You should definitely add buckles and continue. I do have a few questions though i too am making the halo 2 ODST and was wonder what scale you used and what you height and build is(thin, broad, ect.) Thanks, and nice work

First of, thanks for the compliment.

Second, I haven't actually changed the scaling...which is a big deal, as I am a bit on the chunky side. :p

But I am about 5' 8", and I would say a bit on the broad side.

If you were doing the Halo 2 ODST, I don't think you would have to change the scaling much as the armor's arm holes are pretty spacious. You should have some extra room if you're around my height...give or take a few inches.

On another note, I recently bought some Fiberglass resin and am hoping to paint the first coat tomorrow. Pics to follow.

(P.S., does any one know if the Bondo Red Cream Hardener will work with the Bondo Fiberglass Resin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks for the scaling. I am like 5'9"-5"10" and grow quickly so i'll try the default size. Post more pictures of glassing and more pep. Keep up the good work

Alright, recently I finished painting the first coat of fiberglass resin, and am confused to the second part:

Should I put the fiberglass mat on the inside or the outside? Which would be better/easier/best looking?

I honestly need to get it straight before I do my next few coats.

Oh, and pics are coming soon. Been busy. (PSATs this week.)

GundamX67 said:
Alright, recently I finished painting the first coat of fiberglass resin, and am confused to the second part:

Should I put the fiberglass mat on the inside or the outside? Which would be better/easier/best looking?

I honestly need to get it straight before I do my next few coats.
Oh, and pics are coming soon. Been busy. (PSATs this week.)

Fiberglass the inside. Putting it on the outside will cause your details to disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I apologize in advance for not putting up any pics: the pieces are still curing.

I'll just put a quick synopsis:

I finished putting on the fiberglass, and am waiting for that to cure, and started on the ODST helmet. Already have the top part done.

More pics should come up later.

Don't worry: I won't let this WIP thread turn out picture-less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back