Gungnir Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroshoku

This is my first build EVER so bare with me. Sorry if i ask a lot of questions in advanced x3. O.K. also this build will be pretty slow moving i will only be able to work on this build during the weekend or maybe Mondays idk its gonna be random. Oh also the pictures aren't super quality since i will be using my ipod for the pictures (i dont have a camera) now onto pics!

At this point i have about 11 pages done of the 29 pages i didnt go from 1-what ever im going at a random pace. Oh i also labeled each bag by the page number.

jr2y8.jpg

I labeled a giant bag so i dont lose it xP

k5eLw.jpg

and here's all the pieces in the bag, kinda of a bad first pictures but i wanted to start the thread before i forget, i should finish cutting them all out next week hopefully.

k7C4E.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks for checking it out!, Kyle

Hey, that's smart....why didn't I think of that.

I really like your idea about bagging them by page - that would make it much easier to find. I did a helmet with 105 parts...it was a nightmare.....
So, this is a good tip that I'll use from now on..

Hey, that's smart....why didn't I think of that.

I really like your idea about bagging them by page - that would make it much easier to find. I did a helmet with 105 parts...it was a nightmare.....
So, this is a good tip that I'll use from now on..

lol to be honest it was my step dads idea and i was like "you know what that is a really good idea"

lol i know its so early into the build but i have a quick question what should i do for these pieces?

iCKEX.jpg

can i just cut them like this?

eMvxN.jpg
[/IMG]

You can square them off but you will find that those type of areas will require the paper to be bending in one direction or another and as such that oversized flaps will run into each other. This will cause you to have to cut it on the fly while in your glueing mode of work. Take the time now and just cut them to size to be safe and get the practice in.

You can square them off but you will find that those type of areas will require the paper to be bending in one direction or another and as such that oversized flaps will run into each other. This will cause you to have to cut it on the fly while in your glueing mode of work. Take the time now and just cut them to size to be safe and get the practice in.

thanks for the tip!

Hey everyone im still in the cutting phase( it is so boring) i plan on finishing cutting hopefully, i was able to complete 5 sheets on saturday but i couldnt do any on sunday because its family day, until then, stay cool my friends.

Gungnir is a cool helmet, can't wait to see yours finished. How are you planning on doing the eye part, or seeing out in general?

Hey everyone! been a while, i got really sick but now im back to work! so within this time i finished cutting things out now a question for all of you! before i get to gluing I need to ask what all the blue and red lines mean? i know one is mountain fold and one is valley fold, which is which and thanks for hanging in there.

also
P.S. if this helmet doesn't work i'm gonna build a pilot helmet (highly unlikely)

I just cut out pieces whilst looking at my computer.

And mountain is blue = closer to the sky

Vally is red = closer to lava

That's how I rember them

Don't give up, gungir is one of the most hardest helmets to do.
Other members on the 405th have done them and completed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back