H3 Chief Armor - Build Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_colt_117

Well I figured I'd update this first post on my thread and welcome new followers now that I'm well into my Halo 3 chief armor build. Love the games and it has always been a dream to have custom halo armor. Now that I'm well into this build, I don't think I can stop with this one! May have to build another suit after this. But for now, here are some pics to get you introduced, enjoy!

IMG-20190517-WA0040.jpgIMG-20190517-WA0024.jpg2019-05-18 15.23.46.jpg2019-05-17 21.12.41.jpg2019-05-17 21.10.18.jpg

Last edited:
Everything looks really good, and the scaling is spot on! Interesting idea using Shoe Goo on the back of the cut-ins, I'll have to give that a whirl

-Matt

Everything looks really good, and the scaling is spot on! Interesting idea using Shoe Goo on the back of the cut-ins, I'll have to give that a whirl

-Matt
Thanks Matt! Yeah man I have a scrap forearm piece laying around from a first attempt, it has shoe goo on the inside and I pull and tear at it everyday as a "test" and I have still not be able to tear a seam using a lot of force!

Haha thought that there was a picture of just the sink, I was really confused. It's looking great so far! Helmet is always fun to do as it sells your project. I did the helmet as the first thing I've ever made, but if you want you can save it fore last as by then you will have that much more experience and it will look that much better

Yeah I'm undecided! It's a toss between the torso or helmet. I've studied the helmet and 3d file for it alot and pretty much have my mind wrapped around it, may give it a shot...

It looks a lil too big but this is maybe because you don't wear the torso. Sizing a helmet is something painful... Dirtdives Anyway, very clean work !

Yeah I'm starting to wonder the same. Waiting to get it finished and if it's to big then oh well, it will be a wall hanger and considered good practice. Im going to finish it and shrink it as much as possible with more heat. I'm hoping that it's just because I don't have the torso yet that it's tricking the eye of the scale. But if it's to big, oh well I can build it again. Its 300mm tall and the original file is much larger. 292mm high would have been 10% smaller but if I build again I may go like 285mm tall. I'm just happy that I was able to build it and capture 95% of the detail from the game on it by adjusting seams on my file templates. Original pretzel files don't capture anything!

I didn't think the scale is that far off. My first thought when I looked at it was: wow, that some amazing foam work! Remember that inside you'll still want room for padding to make it fit better and fans to prevent over heating.

I didn't think the scale is that far off. My first thought when I looked at it was: wow, that some amazing foam work! Remember that inside you'll still want room for padding to make it fit better and fans to prevent over heating.

Thanks man! I really appreciate it! I edited the pretzel files a lot to get more seams to add all the lines from the game helmet. Im really happy with the detail captured, just wondering if it's slightly to big. It may be fine with the chest piece for scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back