H3 Chief Armor - Build Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also......you'r not wearing the chest piece, so that will also put thing into proportion once you have it on.
Yup for sure. Either way, I'm giving this build 110%. If I have to build a piece again I will. I appreciate everyone's help and support!

Another thing is......your not finished w/ it yet. I agree w/ Sean Anwalt, that the scale doesn't look that far off. Wait until it's complete....then decide if you need to redo it.

Another thing is......your not finished w/ it yet. I agree w/ Sean Anwalt, that the scale doesn't look that far off. Wait until it's complete....then decide if you need to redo it.
Awesome sounds good man, I'm going to try to finish it today and get some more scale pics wearing my motocross chest protector. Try to post more this afternoon. If it looks close, I'll move on to the torso build. Worst case, I use this helmet as a test run for the paint job and hang it on the wall, then build a new one scaled slightly smaller.

Definetly one of the best looking foam helmets I’ve seen! I’d have to agree the scaling is too big. Scalings tough. Spartans seem to have exceptionally long legs and arms with small heads. Lol

That is some nice foam work! Helm looks a bit big unless you wanna cram a lot of fans n padding n stuff in there!
Yeah unfortunately I scaled a bit off and it's to big. I'm going to be building another starting tomorrow. Which isn't a bad thing, I actually built components better the second time! At this rate I may have 2 suits by the end. Im a perfectionist so I'm not stopping till its perfect.

Definetly one of the best looking foam helmets I’ve seen! I’d have to agree the scaling is too big. Scalings tough. Spartans seem to have exceptionally long legs and arms with small heads. Lol
Thanks man! I'm starting my new one tomorrow. I think I have the scale figured out better now. I'm already thinking of ways to improve off this one too. Usually my second attempt turns out better anyways. I want this thing as close to perfect as possible.

I checked some pictures of the H3 MC and then your helmet, the neck and visor zones seems ok. There is enough space to let you "breathe". MC's Mark VI isn't a very bulky armor, maybe that's why I said that the helmet looked a bit big. So, you should re-post a picture with the torso on you later.

I checked some pictures of the H3 MC and then your helmet, the neck and visor zones seems ok. There is enough space to let you "breathe". MC's Mark VI isn't a very bulky armor, maybe that's why I said that the helmet looked a bit big. So, you should re-post a picture with the torso on you later.

Yeah absolutely the h3 chief armor is very sleek and less bulky for sure. I'm going to start making a new helmet today just to get that sleeker look. I have plenty of room to go smaller. I made measurements off this one and I think I've got my scaling spot on for the next one. I found ways to improve the built to so I'm expecting the second helmet to be even better. I really appreciate everyone's help and encouragement, you guys rock!

Just a little teaser pic so far... I have caught much better detail and my seam work is 10x better! Any "seam lines" you see are either intentional or just old pen marks. No gappy seam work to be seen here!

20181115_213939.jpg IMG-20181115-WA0002.jpeg

You did a magnificent job! Wow. But I think I prefer the other one
Honestly the other one is no where near as good as this new one. It's hard to tell in the pics cause I sanded all the seams so smooth, but this new one has a lot more detail than the first one and is way more true to scale, trued up straight and game accurate. The first one is nowhere near game accurate as far as dimensions when you really study it in person, compared to game images. I'll try to take this new one outside today and capture better pics in better light. Thanks man!

Last edited:
You did a magnificent job! Wow. But I think I prefer the other one

Oh and I havent finished the nose piece or the angled pieces that go in both corners of the visor window, that little piece missing makes it look incomplete but I'm waiting for my Branfhur studio visor to show first so I can fit it all together

Here's some day light pics and a comparison pic as well. I love the scaling of the new one! It's perfect! Still room for padding and easy on off but it fits like a glove. Incase anyone is wondering, my highly modified pretzel file to capture all the lines was scaled to 265mm tall which is 18% smaller than original file. The first huge helmet was 10% and not nearly enough. Of course I still need to finish nose piece and angled pieces in the visor once that comes in, I want to fit those together to ensure proper fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back