H3 Chief Armor - Build Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very excited. Do tell, what have you done?

Share your secrets!!

Hahaha this green is amazing to look at in person. I just need to fine tune my armor damage techniques. I'm almost there. As far as the green, it's a mixture of 4 acrylic colors from deco art, that took DAYS to get right. Once I mix it up I spray it on with my air brush so it gIves it that nice smoth surface. I have found that the acrylics are in fact very durable to foam flexing as long as you don't go so heavy on the coats that it becomes to heavy. Once I had the green just right. A few passes of watered down black washing made it really pop, subtle but pop. These pics are just testing and not considered a "finished product". I will be repainting this test thigh again this week hoping to get a true finished representation of how I want my armor to look.

You need more scratches......maybe even some deep cuts or gouges.
Yup for sure. Definitely will give it more character for sure. Those scratches were all I had time for last night testing out a better method. I'm hoping to get a lot more progress on this test piece paint job today. My actual suit I may burn in a few small gouges with the solder iron before I rubber coat it. I'm still on the fence about the big halo 3 chest gouge though... hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back