H3 Marine Group Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, looking sweet! My only concern would be that you have the outer edges of the plates curved to fit the contour of the body, while all my references show them to be flat plates angled toward the body. I love where this is going though!!!

I'm not going to bother posting any progress pics of the helmet until I have it finished, which will probably be tomorrow at this rate. Shawn, what was the colour of paint you used and where did you find it?

Yeah, they do curve a bit much. I over bent a couple of pieces before attaching a couple others, and then couldn't get the bend just right afterwards. It should be revised when you guys do yours, but this functions well enough for me.

Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Italian Olive (Satin finish) from Walmart.

hello

first very nice work

second are you going to paper resin it or are you going to do another way because paper resin is out of my budget :( send a pm if you can think of another way

Go ahead and give it a shot of primer at least. You could do a green coat if you like, but I'll just have to sand it off before bondoing anyway, then reprimer, and repaint. But if you just coat it in primer, it'll make the details of what needs work and what doesn't easier for me to see.

Haji, it's a kid's helmet with all the padding ripped out. It seems to be a good size, for me at least. BeLsTeN, we're using sintra for this build. There's details earlier in the thread.

Here are the boots I found today:

Image023.jpg

$180 Harley Davidson boots. The most accurate boots I could find, and also the least expensive. I need new boots anyway, so I can justify the cost :p

I'd like to see what the helmet looks like when it's painted, so if it's all the same to you Shawn, I'm going to give it a quick coat of colours. I've got a very short list of things to do before it's done!

I'd hoped the helmet would be done today, but that's not going to happen. It should be done tomorrow, but in the meantime, here's where it's at now:
DSCF2664.jpg

Here it is, finally! The finished helmet!

DSCF2665.jpg

I'll probably weather it some more later too, but I've got to get working on the armour plates now.

its looking really nice. Personally it feels like the visor and side jaw peices came out to far

looks good. hope to see the rest.

are you trying to get it done for ODST a con or just for fun?

Hey team, kinda bad news.

I've got the base of the prototype drop-leg platform done, but it looks like crap. There is a certain sewing machine attachment that I would REALLY need, to get the trim gossgrain "tape" smoothed and sewn flat properly, but I'm not going to fork out the time and cash to find and purchase it.

I have one other design/fabrication idea.

These are made from 3 layers, with the middle layer being the heaviest interfacing (for stiffening) I could find. I would make the top/outer layer larger, and then fold the edges around to the back after sewing the seams back and under to prevent the edges threading.

If plan "B" fails, it's back to the internet for more shopping for plan "C". I already have several potential items bookmarked for review later.

I'll bring this version 1.0 to show you guys tomorrow (today) to see it in all its craptacular glory. No time to take and upload pics - I need to sleep; it is now 4am.

SavvyTank said:
looks good. hope to see the rest.

are you trying to get it done for ODST a con or just for fun?

We are aiming for deadline of ODST release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news! I think I've solved the shoulder strap problem:

Image035.jpg

Image036.jpg

The images suck, but here's the rundown. The webbing attached to the chestplate has the silver buckle attached at the top, and a black buckle on the end, which connects to a buckle on the shoulder strap. It's much more accurate, and easy to use.

Also, my chestplate is shaped, and I'm working on a prototype bootplate.

Well........0320hrs..................

Took long enough, but I think I've finally got a production design nailed down!!! Just a few minor tweaks possibly. Actual production time per piece shouldn't be too long, now that my templates and measurements all finalized and recorded.

Because I stayed up so late working on this, I'll be a little later than I expected. ETA to Peter's should be around 2pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back