H3/Reach ODST Build

TorrinNorixius

Alright, im making another thread. Though this time, it's for a special project! I will be printing not just one, but two ODST suits, one for a friend and one for me! Luckily him and I have the same body type and shape, he's only about an inch shorter than me so I can print my armor, see how it fits on him, and then size accordingly.

I will be using Aguilar's files for the main armor, Titlewave's files for the Helmet and attachments, and FromTheBrink's files for the backpack.

Below you will also see the sketch i made for what i want to do with my ODST kit. I am going for a shotgunner of sorts, and will be printing an M45 Shotgun along with a special shoulderpad for the right side. Haven't really decided between the T-55 that i drew, or the Type-1 Defender shoulderpad.

you will also see that I have already scaled the armor in armoesmith, but any Input is appreciated. I haven't printed and ODST before, just a spartan.
20240223_232917.jpg
image-32.png

Saw this on insta, you are a mad lad for doing the amount of projects you currently have, I respect it. also I really like Aguilar's files for the odst, having a tutorial on how to rig everything makes it go so much faster, really good design, only thing I don't like is there's no under armor, but it still looks solid and offers great movement.

Saw this on insta, you are a mad lad for doing the amount of projects you currently have, I respect it. also I really like Aguilar's files for the odst, having a tutorial on how to rig everything makes it go so much faster, really good design, only thing I don't like is there's no under armor, but it still looks solid and offers great movement.
Why thank you, it may be a lot to do but I quite enjoy doing this sorta stuff . For the Undersuit I plan on using the black coveralls im using for my Scout Trooper and a black tac vest/plate carrier. Though I may use some gray camo pattern BDUs from the military surplus store near my house instead of the coveralls. We'll see.

Got all the torso pieces all printed. Just got to get more filler primer to finish off the chesplate and then that will be ready for paint. Still gotta sand the core and rib plates though. The kidney plates shouldn't be that difficult because they printed very nicely on my grandmother's X1 Carbon. I will hopefully be buying a new printer soon so I will be able to pump more things out.
20240608_023135.jpg

Got a new printer, gonna be re-printing the middle part of the breastplate because the walls started to split. I printed it while my old printer was having issues so I'm not surprised.
20240614_215052.jpg

Been busy. Had to re-print the breastplate and the core pack, but I also got the kidney plates printed along with the hip plates and the rest of the belt parts. Currently printing parts of the rucksack. Forgot to mention, but it turns out my build plate is warped a little. The center is slightly higher than the rest of the build plate. It has slightly impacted the prints because sometimes prints will come off the bed but im lookin for ways to fix that.

The center is slightly higher than the rest of the build plate. It has slightly impacted the prints because sometimes prints will come off the bed but im lookin for ways to fix that.

The adjustment knobs should handle that. Sounds like you're describing that you've got the corners pulled down too much. Loosen them up so they rise and match your center. A metal straight-edge should do wonders here.
1722336053562.png

Very big update:

Below all of this text, are images of the random parts I have. All of these parts, minus the backpack, are ready for paint. I just ordered more black paint so when it arrives I can get all that done.

I also ordered 25 yards of 1 inch nylon webbing which should be more than enough for this and the other various projects i have.

All that is left to print us the rest of the backpack, the thighs, bracers, the shin/calf/knee combination piece, the boot covers, and the misc props.

I will be printing another suit for SaberRc1138 and another friend who isn't on the forums just yet, and the three of us are making an ODST fireteam together. The team name is Fireteam Gravewalker.

My ODST is named Torrin "Spectre" Norixius. My build is more for close quarters combat, having the C1 attachment on the helmet, along with some other extra protective gear, and being armed with an M45 shotgun, some bracer mounted blades, and a suppressed pistol. Being the leader of the group, I also have the Courier Pearl attachment on my helmet for improved communication capabilities

SaberRc1138 hasnt come up with a name or callsign for his character yet, but he is going for a bomber/demolitionist build with various explosives attatched tk various parts of his armor, and wields a grenade launcher (Reach), along with the B5 attachment on the helmet for extra armor

The third member is doing a build that is very well rounded, mostly meant for recon. He has the base armor with a thigh mounted dagger, pouches and communications gear on his chest. And armed with the Suppressed SMG.
20240905_162917.jpg
20240905_162924.jpg
20240905_162921.jpg
20240905_162912.jpg

Attachments

• 20240905_162921.jpg
    20240905_162921.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240905_162917.jpg
    20240905_162917.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
The parts on the crate are ready to be taped off, hit with blue then weathered, and I just did the first coat of black on the parts in the painting tent. I'm printing the remaining parts of the backpack right now, and after that's done I can print all the connection pieces for all the things I have yet to put together, such as the chestplate and core pack
20240911_031541.jpg
20240911_031253.jpg

Got more work done. Sanding the backpack and armor/helmet attachments now. I just have to put together and weather the other shoulder (not in pictures) I'm gonna wait until the helmet attachments are done and put on the helmet before i do any of the weathering and other custom designs. Oh yeah im also printing the left thigh and skull insert right now, so once the thigh piece is done, i can start printing the right one and start sanding the left along with the skull insert
20240917_162929.jpg

20240918_005906.jpg
20240918_150300.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back