Half Scale Ironman Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas06

Since this was the place I started when beginning this project, its only appropriate that I post my progress to this point. Huge thanks goes out to Belakor and Callmemilo for the pep files. I ended up going with a different helm simply out of aesthetic preference, but unfortunately, the pep file is not labeled and I got it so long ago, the modeler's name is lost to me.

This full suit is for my 4 year old son for Halloween. I scaled all parts to roughly half the original model scale with the exception of the helm. What can I say, the kid has a giant melon. The process was pep, then fiberglass internally, bondo externally, do a boatload of sanding, making silicone molds, making mother molds, and then casting with SmoothCast 300. I'd thank SmoothOn for their product but really, for the size of the debit purchase I sent them, they should be thanking me! All kidding aside, their products are fantastic.

The pic of the helm is a test piece that came out wrong and I had to fix. I simply threw some paint on it to see what it would look like.

Not shown are the cod piece (Ironman underwear, according to my son), the stomach plating, and shoulder bells. I am also working on a LED chest piece, and if I still have time the boot treads and gloves.

[attachment=12178:DSCN1168.JPG][attachment=12179:DSCN1170.JPG][attachment=12180:DSCN1171.JPG][attachment=12181:DSCN1848.JPG][attachment=12182:DSCN1849.JPG][attachment=12183:DSCN1851.JPG][attachment=12184:DSCN1852.JPG][attachment=12185:DSCN1854.JPG][attachment=12186:DSCN1858.JPG][attachment=12187:DSCN1860.JPG][attachment=12188:DSCN1861.JPG][attachment=12189:DSCN1862.JPG]

Wow I am impressed

I wish to be your kid :D

Though I cannot even think of pepping something at half scale

Looks great and cant wait for the finished suit :p

Cool. Great work, but now ever Halloween he is going to want such a great costume. Guess it will keep you on your toes. lol.

Keep up the good work.

Man that's pretty awesome so far, your kids going to be the coolest kid around man! I wish my son would hurry up and get to the point where I can armor him out.

Thanks everyone.

@Burk, no kidding. Next year, ghost. LOL. Thinking of maybe doing Buzz Lightyear...

@Beni5o, thankfully being my first, I didn't know any better. The helm is 92% though so that was much easier.

@GiR3892, I am going to put the prototype together in his room as a decoration. My youngest can still wear the suit.

@top_shape, good point. He should be ok with it since he wears stuff like it all the time. I'll be making two though. One closed faced and one open.

Amazing! Lucky kid!

My 13 yr old still wants me to make him an I.M. suit, and of course a HALO suit as well.

Geo

WIP progress update...Chest piece came out of the mold fine. Molding first thigh piece, shin pieces molded.

Helmet, shoulder bells, abdominal, back armor, other thigh ready to be molded. Cod piece still being shaped.

Also, the arc reactor is under way.

Man, you're the coolest Dad ever! Your kid's going to be the king of Halloween on the block.

will you adopt me? im only 20, i could still use a sweet halo-ween costume.

really nice work. You got my vote for Dad of the year.

DreadMullet said:
will you adopt me? im only 20, i could still use a sweet halo-ween costume.

really nice work. You got my vote for Dad of the year.

Yeah, I'll *adopt* you if you get this question right. Hawkeye or Cyclone? Choose your answer well.

As for Dad of the Year, I just hope he wants to wear it for more than 10 minutes. I want to at least see if we can win some costume contests or something. Meh, if not, its still worth it for the experience and the memories it will give him.

Last edited by a moderator:
well going of the fact that Iron man is red, im going to guess you are probably a cyclone fan... any true hawks fan would sacrifice the accurate color scheme and go Gold and black.... so my answer is GO HAWKS

DreadMullet said:
well going of the fact that Iron man is red, im going to guess you are probably a cyclone fan... any true hawks fan would sacrifice the accurate color scheme and go Gold and black.... so my answer is GO HAWKS

Nice reasoning, however, it is not my suit, it is my son's and he wanted "movie accurate". If it were my suit, it would be black and gold, just like my blood. Penn State is our biznitch.

Civil Engineering, class of 1999

Exercise Science, class of 1999

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back