Halo 2 MC Helmet complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horray! I got the visor in, like three sticks of glue and some waterproof sealant later. geez, took me three hours just to do the stupid visor. I recommend pinning it in with glue, and then finishing it off with sealant to make it permanent. Also, WD40 cleans the sealant off of the visor, at least before it cures. Just to let you know.
I used a double visor that set me back $60. I've got to find a way to make this cheaper...
BTW, did you know that the gold visors are the most expensive, I think they know that we want them, and there's extra demand for them.
So I know you are all dying to see (not really, I'm sure you have better things to do), but here's my helmet with a visor. It still needs lights installed by next week. Good luck me!

Dark Rogue said:
That detailing's amazing, especially for using the Halo 2 helm. You said you dremeled it out?

Yeah, I only realized after the helmet was resined that it was the not-so-detailed one, so I made details using my dremel. It took both the little barrel sander (which is nearly a useless tool) and the little drill. I used the painting technique from youtube, and it emphasized the dremel marks. So did the hammered paint technique.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to try that as well, but first I need to find a dremel, lol.

How did you prevent it from not cutting through paper/fiberglass?

Apply very light pressure, like a pencil. I had two layers of bondo, and it did go through the paper in some places, but the layers of fiberglass were so thick that when it went through the paper I knew to stop. All you need is a tiny little line, and the paint job will emphasize it and make it look twice as deep.

well, I needed something that dried pretty quickly, so i used hot glue at first. Then I had picked up aquarium silicone at Ace Hardware, and used that. Since it was all clear, I used acrylic paint to make it black.

Devin (Bluerealm) was the first to do the double visor, and Sean wrote the double visor tut.

Black silicone probably would've given you less of a headache too but looks great all the same.

Yes! It's done and presented! Merry Christmas to my love!

So anyways, I got the lights done the night before he came down, it took me three hours to figure out how to do a circut, even with help and the tutorial. Although the tutorial was helpful, it didn't explain how to do a parallel circuit, which makes the lights stronger. Otherwise they're just dim and for show, not quality and usefulness.

So here it is, so you can see the final product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back