Halo 2 Odst Build + Br

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ng31

Jr Member
Alright, well if anyone was poking around on this board, they probably saw I was working on the Gears armor...which I decided to put off because there is way too much detail in it to have it done before the game launch, and honestly...I don't want to ush it.

So...I've decided to put together an ODST from Halo 2 (yes 2, because I like the design a lot more then the WETA ones).

Here's what I got so far :

Camo's (Subdued Urban Camo - They are a little lighter than what is shown in pictures, but they'll work) - http://www.bdu.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen...Code=F545412061

camolk9.jpg

Helm and Chest (Probably going to remove the neck line in favor of some 2" foam) -

helmchest2ar8.jpg

BR -

br1qm2.jpg

A little note about the BR build...I would HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest building it from a harder material than cardstock, as I can't see any possible way to have it "hold shape" as just card stock. Also, there are so many pieces in that pattern that aren't needed...it's kinda pointless to build a scope and barrel when you can pick one up at Walmart cheap, and just mount a dowel rod to the end instead.

I got little under 2 months to get this guy ready...will post more as I come along (currently out of fiberglass and clay, so I need to go pick some up today to progress further).

Nice start to your armor, and thanks for posting the link to the BDU's, I've been looking for a set to go with my H2 ODST. Have you thought about taking the "pockets" off of the front of the chest armor and putting on web gear pouches?

Loess said:
Nice start to your armor, and thanks for posting the link to the BDU's, I've been looking for a set to go with my H2 ODST. Have you thought about taking the "pockets" off of the front of the chest armor and putting on web gear pouches?
I haven't look at any ODST refrences lately,but is the vest even armor at all or is it just fabric.

Also, I agree with loess. I think you will thank yourself for the pockets, later.

EDIT: I'm looking at them now and besides pockets, its hard to tell what shoul or shouldn't be armor (vest-wise)....

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaya Tetsu said:
I haven't look at any ODST refrences lately,but is the vest even armor at all or is it just fabric.

Also, I agree with loess. I think you will thank yourself for the pockets, later.

EDIT: I'm looking at them now and besides pockets, its hard to tell what shoul or shouldn't be armor (vest-wise)....
From what I can tell it's all up to interpretation. Rob does his as a soft vest, with armour on top, but...

Loess said:
Have you thought about taking the "pockets" off of the front of the chest armor and putting on web gear pouches?

Yes, I have actually...you guys wouldn't happen to know any sites off hand I could order a few from would you? Would help a bunch as I don't wanna go dig around pawn shops and army/navy surplus shops to try and find 4 matching pouches.

As for the armor...IMO, it's an armor...I've seen what the vest looks like...doesn't really appeal to me too much...but again, to each their own.

Also, the BR is just the BR file from the Wiki...print out the pattern on regular paper...stick it to chipboard (you can get it from Dick Blick) and built it that way. Like I said, I don't see card stock being able to hold shape well enough alone. You could try using a matte poster board as well.

Looking cool so for. ODSTs ROCK. :D Are you planning to bondo the helmet and add all of the details to make it look like the one from the game? I'm debating about how to go about doing so. Check the Galls website and look for E.M.S. glove pouches. it should be about the right size for top chest pockets.

Link to pouch http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=gen...amp;style=NP376
Did it work??? hmm. well thats the site if the link didn't work

ZONKRE said:
Looking cool so for. ODSTs ROCK. :D Are you planning to bondo the helmet and add all of the details to make it look like the one from the game?

Yep, that's the plan...except I use paper clay and resin instead of Bondo for helmets...easier to shape/sand.

Also, thanks for the link...but I actually went and found some compass pouches at my local pawn shop...just need to dye them black and mount em after smoothing!

looks good so far. currently i am actually working on the same project, the h2 odst. i am going to go all out pep on it and maybe if i can get some compass pouches for the front. i thought about a web belt for the lower torso. and maybe some pouches for that since that is really what the belt is for.

Some more progress...the workroom is just a little messy...lol.

messyhl1.jpg

Should have the helmet smoothed out tomorrow then I'll dremel the bevels into it. More pics as they come.

i remember when my helmet was at that stage... it sucks how much bondo that model needs, so much warpage. is there no one that can make us a HD model?

at least you got your chest started... i need to get to work.

looks good man, it shall be a race...

Helm finished...sorry for the $#!T pic...kinda hard to do some myspace shots on an SLR...I'll have better ones tomorrow when I get batteries...

helmfrontsd5.jpg

I really like this. Cant wait to see more.

That vest and BR are really impressive. Im gonna try your method on the Halo3 version Battle Rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back