Halo 2 Spartan Armour Patterns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetAlexander

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S018
So not like I really have time for it, but... I kinda want to do a Halo 2 Spartan. More specifically, Sarge. However I'm having trouble finding some patterns (and the only 3D model I can find is low quality). Does anyone know of where there are some Halo 2 Spartan patterns, or even a good 3D model I can break up for Armorsmith? I am NOT doing it by hand, not again!

Since the Halo 2 and Halo 3 Mark VI is Technically supposed to be the same armor, our Halo 2 section in the The Armory only contains the Hand plates, which is one of the most obviously structurally different pieces:

We then usually recommend our members simply use the Halo 3 files for the rest of the armor:
Low Def:
Medium Def:
High Def:
Ultra High Def:

The other small detail differences are either more details on on the Halo 3 armor compared to the Halo 2 armor, like between the Cod/Waist/Belt armor, thighs, helmet and chest, or something like the 5 holes in the Boot armor on the Halo 2 armor compared to the Halo 3 armor, that can be done without completely new or different files between the two sets.
masterchief-comparison.png

Also, just summon this guy ExCeLLuR8 he has done some type of pep unfolds for his.
Yeah unfortunately there isnt much accurate content out there for halo 2. As stated above, halo 2 and 3 armor is roughly the same but when you really digg into the details, they're both entirely different armor. That said I havent seen many people create an accurate file of halo 2, which definitely would be cool. I'd love to see a H2A set of files eventually for the armor but doubtful, most modelers are focusing on infinite armor now and costuming halo 2 armor is so "old school" now..even the files that exist for halo 3 are very basic and do not have all the detail in terms of pepakura files. I do know a guy that has ultra high def 3d print files from halo 3 and I've seen them in person, they are amazing. I personally do not 3d print and I only foam build, so I had to spend countless time editing my pepakura files to get as good of a base starting point as possible, then I printed and freehanded all of the detail measuring the game and carefully matching as best as possible. Its worked well for me but I also have 1.5 years worth of work into my halo 3 suit. It really just all depends on how accurate you want to get. Here is my most recent new torso getting as accurate as possible, I've spent months on it however recently I took a break from crafting, so I still have to finish the paint job. I'm getting close though! Good luck!

20200306_181856.jpg20200306_214720.jpg20200306_225227.jpg20200306_224400.jpg20200306_183054.jpg20200306_183010.jpg

Thanks for the help y'all! Never realised that the H2 and H3 armour and meant to be the same, I guess if there's one thing Chief can't do (besides swim) it's getting changed while travelling back to Earth on an alien artifact. Nobody wants two moons in the sky.
With the lockdown in swing possibly putting some builds on hold, I might spend some time analysing these models and perhaps designing my own, if need be.
And don't worry ExCeLLuR8, we all need to take a breather from making things. That's when you come back full strength!

Thanks for the help y'all! Never realised that the H2 and H3 armour and meant to be the same, I guess if there's one thing Chief can't do (besides swim) it's getting changed while travelling back to Earth on an alien artifact. Nobody wants two moons in the sky.
With the lockdown in swing possibly putting some builds on hold, I might spend some time analysing these models and perhaps designing my own, if need be.
And don't worry ExCeLLuR8, we all need to take a breather from making things. That's when you come back full strength!
I cant wait to see your progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back