Props Halo 3 Battle rifle schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have foamboard and everything ready im just need someone to tell me how to print this out over multiple pages so it can be used as a pattern and how to make the BR a specific length.

im just going to take the "real world" length of the weapons and compare the diference in cm, then apply that to my weapons using my AR as a reference. i just need to know how to make the pattern.

If you have AutoCAD and a plotter, you could make a full size sheet schematic of the BR, but life isnt that simple, is it? :p

Put your printer set to banner or something or get a larger printer.

rvb4life said:
If you have AutoCAD and a plotter, you could make a full size sheet schematic of the BR, but life isnt that simple, is it? :p
Put your printer set to banner or something or get a larger printer.
A plotter you say? Like the one I have access to here at work. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously how are people using these patterns. im dying to start on this, but i want to know what im doing first, rather than waste material. Basically i need an Halo 3 BR pattern like the one in this thread but i need it to print out at 29 inches long. how do i do that?

i can set my printer to banner to print out over multiple pages, but idk how to set the length ofthe pattern.

MandoMan531,

I'll see what I can do to figure out how to get it to print for you. I think that if I trn it into a PDF file that might help, but let me check. Also I have created the details on seperate sheets so that might also make is easier as well.

I'll get back to you.

Alan

Sorry, hopefully later today. Real life has had to take priority; we are working on adopting a second child so things have been a bit crazy.

Alan

Hello,

Here are the full size PDF files for the BR-55 Battle Rifle. You should be able to take these to any blueprint shop or Kinkos to be printed out full size or if your printer has banner mode that should work as well.

The first file is the overall view and the second contains the details of the various pieces that make up the rifle.

Alan

Full size PDF files for the BR-55 Battle Rifle:
http://propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploade...55%20Battle.pdf

Detail components:
http://propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploade...20sht%202-5.pdf

how do you set up the printer to do this? i thought i knew and set it to banner and everything but it only prints sections of the blueprint.

The drawing looks great, Alan... I might tinker with this project if I get spare minutes here and there.

Question for anyone interested in the BR55:

Is a slightly scaled down version acceptable? I'm a short guy (5'5") and I think a full sized BR might look huge for me... Here's what I'm thinking:
The Halo Wiki lists the BR55 as 35.39 inches long.
It lists the MA5C AR as 34.6 inches long.
Legendary Armor said they built theirs at 32.5 inches long... which gives a scaling factor of 0.9393. (I don't believe I recall seeing a single complaint in their thread about it not being full sized, either)

Building a Battle Rifle to scale with Legendary's Assault Rifle would give the BR55 a length of 33.24 inches.
Would this be a good size?

Ruze789 said:
Building a Battle Rifle to scale with Legendary's Assault Rifle would give the BR55 a length of 33.24 inches.
Would this be a good size?

I'm doing mine at 33, and it looks great.

164_2525.jpg

I did a dry compare on your draw up wizard I love it ... how did you scale your barrel though?

I have the same model, but it didn't match up with the known length posted on this forum nor did it match up to the screen caps taken from the game that I used to do the drawings.

Alan

Gopher11789 said:
164_2525.jpg

I did a dry compare on your draw up wizard I love it ... how did you scale your barrel though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back