Halo 3 Cardboard Mjolnir Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just...wow. Can't believe it was done with cardboard. Love the blue/white combo. And yes, your hands are looking empty. Weapon soon? Maybe like a WH40K bolter from your first pics. Ha, that'd be an interesting combo.

Probably the most accurate scratch build that I have seen, anyway. Bravo!!!! I love how well that turned out!

wow nice to see it completed. wich cons you will be wearing it to? I'm eagered to see it. :lol

dude that armor is insane. id tip my hat to you if i was wearing one. but no really thats one sick product, but i must know, how did you do control the cardboard with out it bending?

Trinityblue said:
dude that armor is insane. id tip my hat to you if i was wearing one. but no really thats one sick product, but i must know, how did you do control the cardboard with out it bending?

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean bending while wearing it, the whole thing is glassed on the inside. The chestpiece is even filled with PU-foam and I glassed of that so it's super sturdy.

Last edited by a moderator:
i ment like when you were actually shaping the skeleton, before you glassed. when ever i work with it i get these nasty creases in the middle of that peice, then it looks like junk so i pretty much stopped with it for a while. latly i've been thinking about doing a gundam suit and am carefully planing its contruction and saw your work and started to drool so im trying to figure out how you sculpted the cardboard skeleton with out v shaped bends and stuff..

first of when you use cardboard, don't use corrugated cardboard, it's a no go. Use 1mm cardboard, it's much better to sculpt with. Even the 1mm cardboard bends better in on direction than the other, it's something you should test before making a piece. I hope that answers some questions.

kaaskop said:
first of when you use cardboard, don't use corrugated cardboard, it's a no go. Use 1mm cardboard, it's much better to sculpt with. Even the 1mm cardboard bends better in on direction than the other, it's something you should test before making a piece. I hope that answers some questions.

it did thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, dude! Seriously fantastic work. Hard to believe something this epic was made entirely out of cardboard. For this, you get:

sealSpartanII.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back