Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tips Flying_Squirl:)
This helm looks really awesome. Here it is with one coat of OREGANO.
And I very lightly, sprayed it with black to not make it look so...Greeny-ish.
Can't really see it though (Phone Cam.)

DSC00408.jpg
DSC00407.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

-Anthony

oh my god. that looks way better then i expected!!! well done!!! was there any parts you had trouble with or would change? if theres anything major ill re-edit the model to make it easier. that goes for anyone else whos trying it: what bits wrecked your head?

im just workin on my non-digital version atm. havent had time to do it with work and all that crap.

oh by the way im guna be using mache on this one just to show it can be done. ive used it in previous projects with good results. heres what i wore last halloween:

david_costumesmall.jpg

wow, nice. its good to see that someone built this finally. maybe we'll see more now.., im going to build this and the halo 3 one. so ill have a nice collection going on.

The helmet looks great flying_squirl, i'm definitely gonna use the model when I get around to making my helm.

Are you still planning on making models of the rest of the suit to this level of detail (I think you said something about it in your previous thread)?

Sinjinsmiley said:
The helmet looks great flying_squirl, i'm definitely gonna use the model when I get around to making my helm.

Are you still planning on making models of the rest of the suit to this level of detail (I think you said something about it in your previous thread)?

yup, i most certainly am. Ive got the torso done and a bit of the fore arm.
I'm just thinking, the model is too high poly to make mistakes on, I'm guna do up a low poly one for fitting so you can check the size before you commit. I've almost finished my one, started yesterday, my god i regretted some of the details! might change it but first ill put up the fitter(when i make it) and the torso... actually you know what, hang on a min....

EDIT: TA-DA! heres the high detail torso:
http://www.4shared.com/file/27132580/3e9f929b/TORSO_PDO.html

i dont have the arm with me atm so ill post thet up later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Torso looks just as great as helm so i'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the suit.

This is definitely worth a topic subscription :D

I got started on mine today so far it is going together nicely. Some of the folds are a bit of a pain but they come with the territory in a way.

Sinjinsmiley said:
Torso looks just as great as helm so i'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the suit.

This is definitely worth a topic subscription :D

aww, thank you.

dannifood4less said:
daaaaaaaamn nice work it looks so clean. someone build this!

thanks. much appreciated. heh, it looks clean now but wait till you try and build it. :lol: im guna start it as soon as ive finished my helmit. (which might be a while cuz im guna mache it. old-skool! booyea!) bdw, if you wanted to play with the mesh just lemme know.

P32 said:
I got started on mine today so far it is going together nicely. Some of the folds are a bit of a pain but they come with the territory in a way.

kewl, ide love to see some pics! oh, which folds are giving the trouble? ill try sort em out. (there the bits over the sholders aren't they?:lol: )

--

ive just got to glue the 'jaw' of my helmit to the rest of it tonight and im done. im quite pleased with how its turned out. some of the folds were a SOAB to get right but they look alright when done. i might change some of them for easier ones but i wanna work on the rest of the suit for the moment.

Started it today, its a beast but it'll be easy ever since i did the pep AR. I think this is the best model on here! (don't tell slyfo!!)

flying_squirl said:
kewl, ide love to see some pics! oh, which folds are giving the trouble? ill try sort em out. (there the bits over the sholders aren't they?:lol: )

I was going to post some pics but I figured I'd wait until I was further along. As for the problematic folds, some of the folds towards the rear of the helm can be a bit of a pain to hold as the glue sets.

Damn Nice Work Flying_Squirl, im making the helmet and loved the armor. i just compared this one with slyf0's model from H3, and u can notice how the pectoral section is abit broader and curvy. just don't take me for a critic, loved all the details! it's just that little thing give's one hell of a better look!

homsar66 said:
Started it today, its a beast but it'll be easy ever since i did the pep AR. I think this is the best model on here! (don't tell slyfo!!)

hehehe, kewl, thank you. I'd rather not be in competition with slyfo if at all possible thoe, were doing different things, hes extracting the actual game models and I'm kinda guessing what the mesh would look like if it were built to look like it is in game. technical his are more accurate. (still, much appreciated. hehe ;) )

P32 said:
I was going to post some pics but I figured I'd wait until I was further along. As for the problematic folds, some of the folds towards the rear of the helm can be a bit of a pain to hold as the glue sets.

ohhh, i thought you had started the torso. yea, i know what you mean, those lil dented bits were a SOAB to get in place.

FirePhoenix NL said:
OMG this was so hard...

Anyways pics of helmet:

DSC02078.jpg

DSC02079.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

:)

I love it =P you did a really nice job.

Cya,

FirePhoenix NL

wow, you have it resined already??? kewl!!!

ThoR said:
Damn Nice Work Flying_Squirl, im making the helmet and loved the armor. i just compared this one with slyf0's model from H3, and u can notice how the pectoral section is abit broader and curvy. just don't take me for a critic, loved all the details! it's just that little thing give's one hell of a better look!

thank you! well, as always let me know if there was any major problems so i can amend them. i know the lil dents can be freakin hard to get right. wait, what? do you mean there's a curve on mine that's nice or that i missed a curve that's nice?

-+-+-

i think i said it already but just so you all know, I'm working on a proxy mesh for the helm so its the same size and shape but nowhere near as complicated. that way you can test the size and you wont do what i did and assemble the whole thing to find its slightly too big. :oops:

flying_squirl said:
wow, you have it resined already??? kewl!!!

I just fiberglassed it :) It's so hard right now..

I got a question though:

Should I sand it then bondo or reversed? And when do I need to apply a second coat of resin?

Anyways, you did a real nice job on the helmet :)

FirePhoenix NL said:
I just fiberglassed it :) It's so hard right now..

I got a question though:

Should I sand it then bondo or reversed? And when do I need to apply a second coat of resin?

Anyways, you did a real nice job on the helmet :)
you should bondo enough to fill the low spots, then sand that down smooth i found that about 2-3 thi layers looks way better. after you do your bondo layers you may still see some pinholes and imperfections on the surfaces, use the bondo brand glaze putty, or you can just use a coat of resin applied the same way you applied the bondo then sand again, if you have any questions or diddnt understand what i mean by this pm me and ill try to clearify

dannifood4less said:
you should bondo enough to fill the low spots, then sand that down smooth i found that about 2-3 thi layers looks way better. after you do your bondo layers you may still see some pinholes and imperfections on the surfaces, use the bondo brand glaze putty, or you can just use a coat of resin applied the same way you applied the bondo then sand again, if you have any questions or diddnt understand what i mean by this pm me and ill try to clearify

Just done bondo-ing it :) Looks really nice imho and it isn't blocky anymore :D

Thanks for your reply, it helped me abit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back