Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
im fairly sure ive upped the size while editing so youll need to, if your using the hight forumla, get the original h2 one, scale it to fit, then get its hight and input into my one, its explaned better in the first post..... wow, i should realy just scale these back down.... then again ide have to unwrap em again *shudder*

EDIT: bdw, Rocknrollcows, your name is hillarious

My helm is almost done and while it looks like it will be large enough for my head, it may be a bit small for my current hair style... So it is either cut my hair or cut away a bit to widen the neck hole.

Best option is to widen the neck hole, keeps you from making major changes to the helm itself, thats what I did for mine.

Quadraxis said:
Best option is to widen the neck hole, keeps you from making major changes to the helm itself, thats what I did for mine.

I will probably end up doing both.

Last edited by a moderator:
flying_squirl - i just wanted to thank you for this model, it was easy to put together but very detailed, i just finished the base coat of spray paint, acrylic paint details go on tomorrow, i'll post pics when I'm done, thanks again

There are so many files floating around in this topic, I don't know which one to download! :mad:

Can someone link me to the finished/final helmet pep file. Thanks. :)

thefreeman said:
flying_squirl - i just wanted to thank you for this model, it was easy to put together but very detailed, i just finished the base coat of spray paint, acrylic paint details go on tomorrow, i'll post pics when I'm done, thanks again
awww. thank you! im glad you hadnt much trouble with it. i was worried i might have got a bit to mad with the details. kewl, post up some pics of it in progress. what way are you going about it?

Zulu said:
There are so many files floating around in this topic, I don't know which one to download! :mad:

Can someone link me to the finished/final helmet pep file. Thanks. :)
i know, its like a whole post with writing it it everywhere! :p oddly enough its the first one.

I posted something about this in the scaling thread, but I have a question about the unfolded helm. I'm trying to make sure that the helmet will fit me before diving into the build. The way the head hole was designed, will a person be required to cut away some of it to fit over one's head? Reason I ask is that the transverse support piece in the head hole at the current scale is only 5.5" at the widest point (see pic). In order to fit my head into the helmet, I would need at least 8" (I only have a 23" circumference head...not very big). If I scale the model up to make that so, then the helmet will end up being 15.5" high (see dims in pic).

Help!!

[attachment=1153:Helmet_S...ng_Issue.JPG]

Greg said:
I posted something about this in the scaling thread, but I have a question about the unfolded helm. I'm trying to make sure that the helmet will fit me before diving into the build. The way the head hole was designed, will a person be required to cut away some of it to fit over one's head? Reason I ask is that the transverse support piece in the head hole at the current scale is only 5.5" at the widest point (see pic). In order to fit my head into the helmet, I would need at least 8" (I only have a 23" circumference head...not very big). If I scale the model up to make that so, then the helmet will end up being 15.5" high (see dims in pic).

Help!!

[attachment=1153:Helmet_S...ng_Issue.JPG]

heh, yea i too was a lil freaked out that the middle bits were too small but yup, you'll need to cut away part of the kneck section. i modeled this using the halo 2 model as a base so it inherited the same problems that people were having with the kneck. :cautious: i think someone talked about how much to cut away from my model in the noob section but its not a strict ammount, cut it away till you can comfertabley (spell check is broken) get your head in. after all, it is your helmit. ;) :) just incase you were wondering, i cut away a good bit from the sides and back but thats just cuza my long hair. any other questions gimmie a shout. :D

Well I finished mine. I had some problems here and there but nothing too serious. I just hop that miss aligning of some pieces doesn't throw off the symmetry too much for the visor. I'll get some pics posted tomorrow.

Awesome model, props to flying_squirl for making this detailed model.

noob to the forum, but this seems like a great place to post for the first time.

i finised my first pep lately, not knowing it was an older version.
(just downloaded straight from the : Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor )
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648&hl=odst
(DOH!) :mad:

but after seeing this model, and realizing the details that mine is lacking,
i will definitely make a new one with flying_squirl's instead.

i've also considered Slyfo's, but i like how the bottom of the helmet in this ver is thicker and more consistent. :lol:
Great job!

Hey, i just wanted to make a suggestion or request if possible.

any chance you can split the model into like 3 - 4 sections so that its colored differently?
like.. top , bottom, mid left and right?
(i have no clue how to do it in pep designer)

this way when you put the pep together it'll be a much easier puzzle,
i hate having to look for the pieces. :whistle:

:not worthy: Awesome models, flying_squirl, they must have taken a lot of work. Now you've even got a torso piece up! Are you gonna do the entire suit?

Has anyone started on the chest? If so what size are you using and what size are you? According to the scaling thread I should use a chest with an assembled height of 41.4 cm. Should I use this or what? I already added a bit to allow for any weight gain over the next couple of months but should I add more take a bit away? Overall what can I expect from an assembled chest/back piece?

P32 said:
Well I finished mine. I had some problems here and there but nothing too serious. I just hop that miss aligning of some pieces doesn't throw off the symmetry too much for the visor. I'll get some pics posted tomorrow.
well, common, i wanna see pics. ill put up some of mine a lil later

Dev_ace said:
Awesome model, props to flying_squirl for making this detailed model.

noob to the forum, but this seems like a great place to post for the first time.

i finised my first pep lately, not knowing it was an older version.
(just downloaded straight from the : Tutorial: How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir Armor )
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648&hl=odst
(DOH!) :mad:

but after seeing this model, and realizing the details that mine is lacking,
i will definitely make a new one with flying_squirl's instead.

i've also considered Slyfo's, but i like how the bottom of the helmet in this ver is thicker and more consistent. :lol:
Great job!

thank you! haha, oddly enough his is from the game:lol: . ive got a better detailed one on the way.

Dev_ace said:
Hey, i just wanted to make a suggestion or request if possible.

any chance you can split the model into like 3 - 4 sections so that its colored differently?
like.. top , bottom, mid left and right?
(i have no clue how to do it in pep designer)

this way when you put the pep together it'll be a much easier puzzle,
i hate having to look for the pieces. :whistle:
this is a very good idea, im guna do this for the next one(comming very soon).

P32 said:
Is the torso in the same scale as the helm?
emmm... good question.... anyone?

SH_Jack said:
:not worthy: Awesome models, flying_squirl, they must have taken a lot of work. Now you've even got a torso piece up! Are you gonna do the entire suit?
thank you. yup, i certinaly am (workin on the forearm atm). ill hopefully have it all up here soon. i might wait till i can get the halo 3 meshes before going any futher thoe. anyone? huh? no? damn. :cautious:

-----

now, update!!!! my computer blue-screened the other day which ment i couldnt do work for work so i revisited my halo 3 helm and worked on it instead. right, when i finished the most recent version thats up here i didnt have halo 3 so i only had bad refrence pics to go by but now with the miricle of forge i had all the refrence i needed(being able to fly around and get lower then you normaly can helped alot). ive prity much compleatly remodeled it and made 17 major changes (not including repeated changes because of symitry [spell check:symitry?] ). im currently unfolding and arranging it in pep and should have it up soon. im gunna use Dev_ace's idea and seperate it into coloured sections to make assembly easier. i might, if i can get my head around it, seperate them onto the same pages too... no promises thoe.

hopefully colored, unwrapped and up by the end of the week so if you havent started and you want to do mine, wait a few days (work on the other peices first) and ill have it to ya soon.

FS

EDIT: if you cant wait, dannifood4less is workin on a detailed h3 helmit atm too, ask him about it. it looks good but its not as stupidly high poly as mine.

awesome...
i've been so busy with school i haven't had the time to start another pepakura yet.
can't wait for the next one to be out.
i'll wait for the next ver

woot woot. even though it'll suck some ink outta my laser printer,
i'm definitely gonna print in color to make it easier.
just gotta remember, transparancy lets you use less ink! woot woot.

also, if you could possibly include a front face piece like the halo 2 ver it'd be great
some of the people might not get around to putting a motorcyle shield on it.
they might consider just making the helmet for the heck of it and having it sit there.
so.. labelling that piece would be a great idea. at least having it optional. :whistle:

just think... your design may be sitting in people's houses as decorations...
and being used worldwide to make helmets.
dang.. that's pretty dope. :rolleyes

mc3.jpg

my finished FS helm, sorry i dont have any close ups

mc1.jpg

donefull2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back