Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
thefreeman said:
mc3.jpg

my finished FS helm, sorry i dont have any close ups

mc1.jpg

donefull2.jpg
holy crap thats awsom, did you use my torso too? any chance of a close up?

Dev_ace said:
awesome...
i've been so busy with school i haven't had the time to start another pepakura yet.
can't wait for the next one to be out.
i'll wait for the next ver

woot woot. even though it'll suck some ink outta my laser printer,
i'm definitely gonna print in color to make it easier.
just gotta remember, transparancy lets you use less ink! woot woot.

also, if you could possibly include a front face piece like the halo 2 ver it'd be great
some of the people might not get around to putting a motorcyle shield on it.
they might consider just making the helmet for the heck of it and having it sit there.
so.. labelling that piece would be a great idea. at least having it optional. :whistle:

just think... your design may be sitting in people's houses as decorations...
and being used worldwide to make helmets.
dang.. that's pretty dope. :rolleyes

im guna do it with a patterned version too so it wont eat up your cartreges (or mine :rolleyes ) so you dont need to worry about that. ive gotten my hands on the actual halo 3 models so its guna be perfictly accurite and ill be able to include the visor too for whoever wants it ;) . im guna have to wait till the weekend to release it cuz i want to ajust it so its exactly like the game model (plus the details).

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLD THE PHONE! Ok you can put it down now. Did you say that you got your filthy little hands on THE "Halo 3 Spartan Master Chief MK.VII Mjolnir" 3d files?!?!?! From the game, as in 100% acurate files just like the kind slyfo has?

Anyone who wants them can get the beta stuff now, someone uploaded them to rapid share

Yeah, I would love to have those models. I have a registered copy of pepakura. I built the high detailed chest that you posted and I must say that it is awesome. The default scale you put it at fits perfectly by the way.

Skullcandy Girl said:
You're too awesome for words! :D
awww, im so overly flattered :oops:

s-meister said:
HOLD THE PHONE! Ok you can put it down now. Did you say that you got your filthy little hands on THE "Halo 3 Spartan Master Chief MK.VII Mjolnir" 3d files?!?!?! From the game, as in 100% acurate files just like the kind slyfo has?
yup... well ive washed my hands since i put down the phone but yea ive got em.. well nearly all of of em. vroggy posted a link. if you cant find it just ask. ;)

NZ-TK said:
Anyone who wants them can get the beta stuff now, someone uploaded them to rapid share
exactly

Razgriz said:
Yeah, I would love to have those models. I have a registered copy of pepakura. I built the high detailed chest that you posted and I must say that it is awesome. The default scale you put it at fits perfectly by the way.
wow, thats weird, and good! ooooohhh yeaaaaa, i rember now, wen i started the chest and other peices i made em to the right size digitaly before i started adding details so they're all already roughly at the right default size. can i has pics of the torso? :D

xcxkeithxcx said:
Hey flying squirl how soon would it be till you could do the HD of the rogue helmet????

P.S. sweet models
unfortuniatly i dont think it was in the bundel i got so probibly not for a while. sorry :(

----
on another note.. well the same note but... different... i think... em... what was i guna say?

EDIT:i rembered!!! ive edited my HD model so now its the exact same scale and shape as the propper and offial game model. im currently unwrapping it so it wont take long. ill have it up by monday!! (ill have it done sooner but i dont have the interweb at home so ill have to wait till im in work. soz).

flying_squirl said:
im guna have to wait till the weekend to release it cuz i want to ajust it so its exactly like the game model (plus the details).

So... next week you should have a new model up? I'm itchin to start on another helmet and decided to try yours, then I saw that you said were altering it again. Can't wait to see your new final helm!

Oh and no offense intended but your sig drives me insane! You're missing an 'r' on you are not your post count. Dunno if you mispelled intentionally or anything... just for some reason catches my eye every time I see it.

Ruze789 said:
So... next week you should have a new model up? I'm itchin to start on another helmet and decided to try yours, then I saw that you said were altering it again. Can't wait to see your new final helm!

Oh and no offense intended but your sig drives me insane! You're missing an 'r' on you are not your post count. Dunno if you mispelled intentionally or anything... just for some reason catches my eye every time I see it.
awww, thanky. yup, brand new, full detail, supa-funky hemit up on monday morning!!!

oh my god!!! thanks so much for pointing that out. i never noticed! changing it now. damn bislexia!

ok, im goin home now. see yez monday!!!!

my chest is the standard how to build ur armor with pep thread model, i broke my helmet and had to make a new one, so i figured, hell why not upgrade.

flying_squirl said:
wow, thats weird, and good! ooooohhh yeaaaaa, i rember now, wen i started the chest and other peices i made em to the right size digitaly before i started adding details so they're all already roughly at the right default size. can i has pics of the torso? :D

Yes you can. These are pictures of my younger brother (By one minute. Hehehe) wearing my armor. He is much smaller than me. I'm 6'1", and he's 5'10". He's also a skinny little twig compared to me so the armor is way to big for him. He keeps trying to convince me that it is just the right size though and that he should just keep this one. The lower torso I got from Slyfo's collection. (I forgot to scale it so it doesn't come close to fitting me.). Luckily, it wasn't a complete waste because I'm building my brother a complete suit for Christmas. Luckily he doesn't come on this forum or else he would ruin the surpirse!

8-1.jpg

6-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

Here are some pics of the armor by itself.

4-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

You posted at the perfect time. I was just going to put my first layer of fiberglass on. I can't wait for the next helmet.
P.S. Take a guess where I live. It shouldn't be to hard if you look at the first few pics in my brother's room.

I was going to start all my Pep work soon, but I think I'll hold off until these new files are uploaded!

Anything we should note about scaling? Or did I just prove my newbiness because it's somewhere in the thread?

EDIT: Yeah, found the scaling reference. Tricky, but I guess I'll have to give it a shot if I'm in love with the new detail!

Awesome job... I'm just thanking you in advance for the helmet (yes, I can look into the future ^^). All that I ask is that you don't dumb the helmet down at all. Make it as hard as possible. I'm a wiz at pep, but when it comes to working with bondo/glaze, I fail miserably.

Iceberg said:
hey do you guys have the scaling ratios/formulas for this helm? :D

Check the very first post... There are directions on how to go about finding the right size for you.

I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly... the numbers on all of the pieces are really small and a lot of them overlap each other, making it impossibly hard to find out which numbers they are and where they connect. I've printed off all 16 pages and have folded many of them. My helmet size is 26.7 cm in height. Is that too small? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Iceberg said:
I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly... the numbers on all of the pieces are really small and a lot of them overlap each other, making it impossibly hard to find out which numbers they are and where they connect. I've printed off all 16 pages and have folded many of them. My helmet size is 26.7 cm in height. Is that too small? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Adam has said that the normal helm is between 26 and 30 inches tall, so you should be ok.

PepakuraDesigner2 Has an option for changing the font size, but since you've already printed, I suggest using the "Check Corresponding Face" tool. It's the button with a little box and a green question mark. When you have that on, you can click on a piece in either the 3D or 2D window, and it will show you where that is in the other window. Very helpful little tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back