Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gamerguy55 @ Sep 9 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Edit: Ya know, it's times like these that I really hate being tall. Every time I decide to work on a pep piece, I have to drastically change the scale, so it fits, then spend about an hour rearranging all the pieces so they fit onto the paper. >.<</div>

i know exactly how you feel....but im the opposite im short.

AoBfrost said:
Different unfolds, same helmet. The one on here is much easier to build. On Objects list, get rid of the visors and leave the supports and floating details. You'll need to print out the file floating details at the same scale as what your made your helmet so they fit fine. The floating details are meant to be left on the pieces as a "template" of where the printed pieces go from the other file.

I think I understand what you mean but I want to make sure. In the most recent file from FS that I downloaded today in "Letter" format, the visor pieces are seperated from the rest of the file that prints. In pep, they are essentially hanging out in the grey area in the top left. Are you saying to not print these, and only print the helmet, supports, and floating details? If so that's fine, I just want to check.

Also, are the floating details now intended to be printed "over top" of the piece that actually gets attached to the rest of the helmet? In his previous file, the floating details were on seperate pages and you had to attach them yourself in a later stage. Now they are on top of the actual pieces they correspond with. Here, I don't need to move them off on to their own pages, correct?

Thanks for the help!
-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
rachciav said:
i know exactly how you feel....but im the opposite im short.
I suppose I am lucky for getting to have bigger pieces. :)

...It starts to become difficult when you are forced to re-unfold pieces, so you can get the piece to fit on one page. >.>

Edit: Stupid double post...

Floating details are meant to be printed onto the pieces directly so when you print the "Floating details" PDO file, you have a template where to glue the pieces to onto your helmet.

About the visor, click on the objects list and remove the visors, but keep everything else. The visors arent really needed since they will be cut out anyways. The supports work fine to keep the helmet in shape. I actually didnt use any supports on my HD helm and it came out fine after resining and fiberglassing. You just gotta do the first coat of resin real real light.

AoBfrost said:
Floating details are meant to be printed onto the pieces directly so when you print the "Floating details" PDO file, you have a template where to glue the pieces to onto your helmet.

About the visor, click on the objects list and remove the visors, but keep everything else. The visors arent really needed since they will be cut out anyways. The supports work fine to keep the helmet in shape. I actually didnt use any supports on my HD helm and it came out fine after resining and fiberglassing. You just gotta do the first coat of resin real real light.

Ok thanks a lot. We've already resined one helmet and it was an epic fail. We went a little too wild with it and the helmet just collapsed. That was on our Robogenesis build. Thankfully we found this FS pep file soon after and the rest is history.

I got ya on the floating details and the visor. I don't think we will be attaching the visor and we've already got one helment nearly finished with the supports built in.

My brother actually kept on building out the first FS 188 piece file we started and he's nearly finished. I think the 26.5cm scaled version will work. Early on in the build it looked really tiny as he had started from the chin and went back. As he is filling out the helmet, it looks much larger. We'll probably have to cut out some of the bottom to fit in, but I think it'll work. That's great for us considering he's almost finished building out the pep and I'm on the gluing stage. More details and pictures to come, thanks for the help! :cool:

-Joey

gamerguy55 said:
Ya know, it's times like these that I really hate being tall.

how tall are you? because im 6'5 and i put an unfold on here that fits me, its the 46 cm unfold that i posted a few pages back

L3X BLU3R1V3R said:
how tall are you? because im 6'5 and i put an unfold on here that fits me, its the 46 cm unfold that i posted a few pages back
I'm about 6' 4" ('was the last time I checked o_O). I wasn't talking about this chest piece. >.< The one you unfolded is scaled to 47.5, isn't that a little big, or am I just oddly proportioned? loloo I used 44.6 for my scale on the old chest piece, and if fit great, unless the measurement on the new one is different. ...?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gamerguy55 @ Sep 10 2008, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm about 6' 4" ('was the last time I checked o_O). I wasn't talking about this chest piece. >.< The one you unfolded is scaled to 47.5, isn't that a little big, or am I just oddly proportioned? loloo I used 44.6 for my scale on the old chest piece, and if fit great, unless the measurement on the new one is different. ...?</div>

Hmm, the first one that i unfolded was 42cm, and the 2nd time i unfolded it, it should have been 46cm. If youre using one thats 47.5, then its not mine. Heres the link to my 46cm unfold

Hi,
I just notice that someone is selling this on Ebay.

Halo 3 Mark 5 Helmet Kit

"This is the HD Mark 5 helmet kit. This is regular cardstock paper. It has intrutions on the back. You cut each peice out then fold then gule the matching numbers. There are 11 pages. PLEASE MESSSAGE ME ABOUT ANY OTHER KITS OR ALREADY BUILT I HAVE A WIDE SELECTION ON WEAPONS AND GRENADES AND A MONGOSSE BODY LIFE SIZE"
5902_1.JPG

No, its not mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halo-3-Mark-5-Helmet-K...1QQcmdZViewItem

omfg...i didn't think someone would actually do that....what a rip off. i think we should all post negative feedback or sumthin like that

mc hammer time said:
omfg...i didn't think someone would actually do that....what a rip off. i think we should all post negative feedback or sumthin like that
You go ahead and do that. In the mean time, anyone in their right mind wouldn't pay for something like that. If someone were to think about buying it, I would hope they do a little research on it before hand and find us.

Either way, the seller should lose out.

L3X BLU3R1V3R said:
Hmm, the first one that i unfolded was 42cm, and the 2nd time i unfolded it, it should have been 46cm. If youre using one thats 47.5, then its not mine. Heres the link to my 46cm unfold
Oops. I am using the one that you unfolded. I downloaded the other unfolds, I was just looking at the wrong one. >.< I save all of my scales, so I'm not sure if I'm using the first one you unfolded, or the second.

The idiot selling the file wasnt smart enough to click "use material for face" to turn the pieces white like the paper is. No way you can read black numbers on a dark grey piece.

FCL said:
the files are rar files and not pdo
how do i open them in pepakura????

Download and install WinRar (google it, a 40 day trial is free to download), open the .rar file and extract the PDO Files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back