Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rout said:
thanks man alot i just got around halfway done with your helmet and so far
it looks SICK!
funky!any pics?

DoC ByTeS said:
Thanks for the model, hope you think the final turn out as good as your render.

*I hide my pictures sir, But I do not hide them from you sir. lol
hehehe. ill be checkin em. i realy like that rubber cement idea.

Arthraxis said:
What happened to your torso .pdo?
hmm? is it gone?

tipper said:
Can't wait for the rest of the suit to come.

Right now, there's so many helmets from so many makers, I can't decide what to make anymore.
hahaha, well lets hope you make the 'right' choice. hehe, i kid. all of them have different advantages.

SPARTAN405 said:
Flying_Squirl, you dont know how much of a pain in the ass this was to make. Anyways lol.... Im all done adding a layer of resin on it and Im getting ready to glass it the glassing might come tomorow. I might just add another layer of resin.
hehe, i do! im workin on it atm! regretting some of the details now! yea i saw your thread, looks good. (god damn it! i keep typing stuff in backwards).

TheCalciumKid said:
i like the fact that the top jaw and back pieces are labeled so i can cut out only 2-3 pages out at a time and not have to look through all the pieces to find the one i need.
heh, yea i like that too, made it so much easier! (looks kewl too). it was Dev_ace's idea.

Keegan said:
yeay! dancing kitties!!!!

-------

bdw, im guna be workin on a model in a lil while n ide like to know which one you would like me to work on. your choices are a HD CQB helmet or a much better torso.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say do both, though I'm inclined to a CQB helmet.

I'm getting all my stuff together to start, I was scaling and setting this schematic for print out and I agree, labeling everything thing is a huge help. I'm excited to start!

Well, I say do a much better torso. But in a way that would suck because I have spent a week of noting but working on the torso. I have two layers of glass on it, around six layers of resin, and It's filled with foam (I sanded it down so it fits me though). Now I'm taking a dremel to it to get some more detailed (Mainly all of the detail on the Chief's back)

But it's your choice. I'm not one for armor perms except MK V helm and EOD chesat because it looks like the MK V chest, and that's why I said redo the torso.
P.S. I made an EOD chest .pdo so I'll send that to you if you want to make it high detailed. Hehehe

Skullcandy Girl said:
I say do both, though I'm inclined to a CQB helmet.

I'm getting all my stuff together to start, I was scaling and setting this schematic for print out and I agree, labeling everything thing is a huge help. I'm excited to start!
oh im guna do both but i wanna know which one ill do first. i might just get bunnyumptious to do the CQB doe.

Granted I haven't started building my helmet yet, but you seem to have a Midas touch on anything you make, so which ever you decide will be sick :D

Hah I sound like such an ass kisser XD

I would say better torso mainly because im selfish and prefer the standard helm to CQB but that's just me :D

Anyhow great work on the new helm, thank goodness I only printed out the size tester rather than the full helm ;)

Keep up the great work

Sinjinsmiley said:
I would say better torso mainly because im selfish and prefer the standard helm to CQB but that's just me :D

Anyhow great work on the new helm, thank goodness I only printed out the size tester rather than the full helm ;)

Keep up the great work
I'm a silly little noob, but I'm going with "better torso" as well. I won't be doing this one for a while, but I'd love to get to it ASAP.

In fact, as long as I'm being a selfish jerk, how's about a super deluxe everything below the neck. ;) (i kid)

Could some one help me with a question? I scaled the torso and it turned out to be 40cm tall, is that to big for a person whos 71 inch.
I printed out all the peices and it just doesn't look right, it looks way to big.

quick question

my H2 helmet is scaled at 26cm and fits comfy

but will your model, at the same scale, fit the same?

xcxkeithxcx said:
Could some one help me with a question? I scaled the torso and it turned out to be 40cm tall, is that to big for a person whos 71 inch.
I printed out all the peices and it just doesn't look right, it looks way to big.

Sounds about right... I would have went a bit bigger but that is just me...

crackhead09 said:
quick question

All you have to do to keep the size the same is to enter the size in CM of your Halo 2 helmet into the size scale (in CM below the funny decimal numbers). The helmet will stay the same size.

-Edit-

I also would like to see a higher detail torso. The lower half of the torso looks a little funny when you compare it to Slyfo's or reference pics.

I'm saying funny a lot today :D

xalener said:
The new version doesn't fit well on letter paper.

I noticed that as well. To fix it it seems like you would have to move a few pieces to a different sheet of paper, especially if you change the scale so you have a larger helm.

I have to say that I agree with SPARTAN405. The fact that it's labelled makes me wish I had more and more and more. It's like some sort of pepakura pseudodrug.

Razgriz said:
Well, I say do a much better torso. But in a way that would suck because I have spent a week of noting but working on the torso. I have two layers of glass on it, around six layers of resin, and It's filled with foam (I sanded it down so it fits me though). Now I'm taking a dremel to it to get some more detailed (Mainly all of the detail on the Chief's back)

But it's your choice. I'm not one for armor perms except MK V helm and EOD chesat because it looks like the MK V chest, and that's why I said redo the torso.
P.S. I made an EOD chest .pdo so I'll send that to you if you want to make it high detailed. Hehehe
yea i know what you mean, my friend realy likes the CQB head so i offered to make it for her but i think shes guna do it herself now. kewl, any pics? :D EOD chest? did you make it in a 3d program or use the game mesh? i dont think i have that mesh

Skullcandy Girl said:
Granted I haven't started building my helmet yet, but you seem to have a Midas touch on anything you make, so which ever you decide will be sick :D

Hah I sound like such an ass kisser XD
hahaha, thank you! well hopfuly i wont start killing people by turning them to gold any thime soon. sound like an ass kisser? :p

Sinjinsmiley said:

Keep up the great work
thanks and kewl, i wasnt sure if people were using the tester. did it help?

Myster Mistery said:
I'm a silly little noob, but I'm going with "better torso" as well. I won't be doing this one for a while, but I'd love to get to it ASAP.

In fact, as long as I'm being a selfish jerk, how's about a super deluxe everything below the neck. ;) (i kid)
hahah, silly noob. well concidering im guna be makin myself i full suit i am eventuialy guna be doing everything below the neck HD including a weapon or two (bunnyumptious is guna start on a HD plasma rifle soon as far as i know).

crackhead09 said:
quick question

the same scale no but the same hight yes. its currently set to 26.5, its close enough to what you have so ide just pring it out as is, save yourself some time. it is only 5 milimeters(sc) afterall

tipper said:
I also would like to see a higher detail torso. The lower half of the torso looks a little funny when you compare it to Slyfo's or reference pics.

I'm saying funny a lot today :D
well the ref pics and slyfo's are the same concidering his are just the models ripped from the game (sorry, it gets on my nerves when he gets credit for modeling all of them as apposed to just extracting them). when i modeled that one i had to start from using the halo 2 mesh as a base, but now i have the halo 3 ones do itll all be better when i go back to it.

xalener said:
The new version doesn't fit well on letter paper.
nope unfortunatly, its set to A4. sorry

P32 said:
I noticed that as well. To fix it it seems like you would have to move a few pieces to a different sheet of paper, especially if you change the scale so you have a larger helm.
there ya go.

Nomadic Spoon said:
I have to say that I agree with SPARTAN405. The fact that it's labelled makes me wish I had more and more and more. It's like some sort of pepakura pseudodrug.
haha, well theres more pepakura pseudodrugs on the way. ;)

-----------

ok well i think my friend is guna be doing the CQB so that leaves me free to do a better job on the chest. might be a while doe but thatll just give you time to work on your helmit and get it all pimped out (or some onther 'cool' phrase they say in the states).

by the way, just so you know, you might have noticed the splits along the back part of the helmet near the sides and the splits at the sides near the ears and other seemingly needless splits on the helmet. i put these in so you can do the smoothing thing where you allow pep to hide all the lines except the most important ones and not have to worry about loosing the refrence places for the groves/linses (i had it in mind when modeling and forgot to mention it).

if anyone has any problems just gimme a shout. also if anyone PMed me and didnt get a reply, PM me again cuz i forgot who i replyed to and who i didnt.

FS

Where's the love?
Everyone sets it to A4 EVERYONE. Then I have to spend hours editing it to make it fit.
The way you set it up was perfect, then I put it to letter and there were parts that had no chance of fitting on one sheet!

Im pretty much done with the site tester model, and it actually looks some what decent *first pepakura helmet* so im pretty proud, just a little resin and fiber glass, sanding, and paint plus a visor and some detail and im set. Thanks for posting it! :p

Are you (flying_squirl) planning on fixing up the torso to be game accurate? I've looked at it compared to the actual model + reference pictures and it's somewhat inaccurate.

More pseudodrugs?

:cautious:
:love:

Hoping to start the helmet this weekend. Gotta find a place that sells resin...Canadian Home Depot didn't even know what I was talking about (not that I'd buy from them. *coughripoffcough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back