Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
xalener said:
Where's the love?
Everyone sets it to A4 EVERYONE. Then I have to spend hours editing it to make it fit.
The way you set it up was perfect, then I put it to letter and there were parts that had no chance of fitting on one sheet!

Everyone, EVERYONE uses A4... exept you

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the EOD chest from the game models. Once I get 50 post, I'll post it in a new topic. (Almost there!)

Thanks again for the model, I'm getting closer to finishing a helmet off your design. I only got one new pic right now, sorry side tracked with the whole hand plates thing.
:eek:

flying_squirl said:
thanks and kewl, i wasnt sure if people were using the tester. did it help?
Haven't been able to finish up it yet but will make sure to update you when I have.

Man I hate college eating up all my time ;)

Finished assembling the updated FS helmet... took forever. And some of the areas were ridiculously difficult, mainly the indented grooves like on the sides of the top... those tiny 3-triangle flaps on the ends of pieces. Most of them didn't get glued. I'm done workin on it for a while, I've got 4 new prints to color and get printed for a comic show in 2 weeks. Here's the helm, and thanks a bunch for all the work, flying squirl!!
[attachment=1723:FS_Helm.jpg]

xalener said:
Where's the love?
Everyone sets it to A4 EVERYONE. Then I have to spend hours editing it to make it fit.
The way you set it up was perfect, then I put it to letter and there were parts that had no chance of fitting on one sheet!
aww, poor letter people. heres love: :love: your welcome to post up a reorganised version for letter. :)

Spartan343 said:
Im pretty much done with the site tester model, and it actually looks some what decent *first pepakura helmet* so im pretty proud, just a little resin and fiber glass, sanding, and paint plus a visor and some detail and im set. Thanks for posting it!
eh? your using it as a helmet? im not too sure it would hold its shape too well. you do know its just for testing the size, thats why i got rid of all the detail and just left the basic shape, right?

Nugget said:
Are you (flying_squirl) planning on fixing up the torso to be game accurate? I've looked at it compared to the actual model + reference pictures and it's somewhat inaccurate.
yup. i had to make it using the halo 2 model, now i have the halo 3 one.

Nomadic Spoon said:
More pseudodrugs?

Hoping to start the helmet this weekend. Gotta find a place that sells resin...Canadian Home Depot didn't even know what I was talking about (not that I'd buy from them. *coughripoffcough*
haha, yup. well from the ammount of time it took me ide say you have another full day to wait while you assemble the damn thing (im sick of looking at them now).

Razgriz said:
I got the EOD chest from the game models. Once I get 50 post, I'll post it in a new topic. (Almost there!)
yup, i saw that. i check the files and i have it along with a few others. just noticed i have the rouge helmit too :D.

DoC ByTeS said:
Thanks again for the model, I'm getting closer to finishing a helmet off your design. I only got one new pic right now, sorry side tracked with the whole hand plates thing.
haha, no worries, you made great progress with it already!!! the hand plates rock bdw.

Sinjinsmiley said:
Haven't been able to finish up it yet but will make sure to update you when I have.

Man I hate college eating up all my time
yea, please do. :D yea i know what you mean, ive got collage and work goin on at the moment.
collage + work + 2hour commute each way = stress + no time :(

s-meister said:
To save me the hassle of building my own tester, has anyone else built one that is scaled to 26.7cm?
hmm, well the helmit is scaled to 26.5 in the file n ive built it with no hassel (well, major/unexpected hassel :lol: ). ide say you could use it at that size to save you having to sort it all out again (it is only 2mm afterall :rolleyes :p ).

Ruze789 said:
Finished assembling the updated FS helmet... took forever. And some of the areas were ridiculously difficult, mainly the indented grooves like on the sides of the top... those tiny 3-triangle flaps on the ends of pieces. Most of them didn't get glued. I'm done workin on it for a while, I've got 4 new prints to color and get printed for a comic show in 2 weeks. Here's the helm, and thanks a bunch for all the work, flying squirl!!
[attachment=1723:FS_Helm.jpg]
haha, yea, i didnt bother glueing some of those bits ether. i ment to remove the tabs that were far too small to even bother scoring/gluing bit i missed loads. sorry. did you rescale it? no problem, glad you like it.
-----

i normaly writing something in here and i just feel weird if i dont, its not an adiction, i can quit any time i like.

FS

flying_squirl said:
haha, yup. well from the ammount of time it took me ide say you have another full day to wait while you assemble the damn thing (im sick of looking at them now).

High school has the day off. Something about a gas leak. 3 Day Weekend should see that helmet folded, but it's going to have to wait until I fly back west to get resin on it...It's a little big for my luggage, and I'm not sure how the airport people approve of SPARTANs walking through the airport in full costume.

I should find out. :whistle:

I did scale it up just a little bit, to get the same height I used for the Halo2 helmet. I think I went with 27.25 cm. I didn't take pics of it on, it's a little big at the moment but I'm fairly sure with the padding in it'll be good.

Ruze789 said:
I did scale it up just a little bit, to get the same height I used for the Halo2 helmet. I think I went with 27.25 cm. I didn't take pics of it on, it's a little big at the moment but I'm fairly sure with the padding in it'll be good.

Seem to be able to scale the helmet alright now. Good luck with yours.

On a side note, anyone know how to -properly- scale Halo 3 chest pieces? I've tried inputting the scale it gives me for the helmet, but because it's a decimal scale value after you go through the whole centimeter transfer process, it doesn't work.

If need be, I'll resort to measuring my torso and making it fit. :cautious:

I finally managed to get the time yesterday to glue together the tester so here's a pic:
[attachment=1741:Tester_Front.jpg]
(As always apologies for the appalling quality of my phone's camera ;) )

The helm was very simple to put together and a nice warm up for the final thing.

I did have a bit of trouble getting it on at first but I trimmed the bottom a bit:
[attachment=1742:Tester_Side.jpg]
and it went on fine.

It was a bit big so I'll probably stick with the defauly 1/2 cm smaller proper helm.

I only noticed one fold which seemed to not be needed at all which was on the base of the jaw between tabs 27 and 101 although that might have gone in to seperate the two edge pieces (you can see it on the pic above on the far right in about the middle).

Anyways now that's done its on to the real thing, I've got the jaw printed out so will be trimming and scoring today before assembling piece by piece.

Thanks for the great models once again :)

And now my question for Sinjinsmiley. How tall are you, what scale did you use and did it fit okay? AND what do you people use for glue??? It's so clean and whenever I try to use something like hot glue it comes out looking really bad. Is it the glue or just me?

Nomadic Spoon said:
High school has the day off. Something about a gas leak. 3 Day Weekend should see that helmet folded, but it's going to have to wait until I fly back west to get resin on it...It's a little big for my luggage, and I'm not sure how the airport people approve of SPARTANs walking through the airport in full costume.

I should find out. :whistle:
so howd the helmet come along? (i presume you ment last weekend) gas leak eh?how convenient *looks around suspiciously*

Ruze789 said:
kewl. yea, should be alright with padding.

Nomadic Spoon said:
Seem to be able to scale the helmet alright now. Good luck with yours.

On a side note, anyone know how to -properly- scale Halo 3 chest pieces? I've tried inputting the scale it gives me for the helmet, but because it's a decimal scale value after you go through the whole centimeter transfer process, it doesn't work.

If need be, I'll resort to measuring my torso and making it fit. :cautious:
im afraid i can help you there, im still at the digital stage of modeling my chest peice.

Sinjinsmiley said:
I finally managed to get the time yesterday to glue together the tester so here's a pic:
[attachment=1741:Tester_Front.jpg]
(As always apologies for the appalling quality of my phone's camera ;) )

The helm was very simple to put together and a nice warm up for the final thing.

I did have a bit of trouble getting it on at first but I trimmed the bottom a bit:
[attachment=1742:Tester_Side.jpg]
and it went on fine.

It was a bit big so I'll probably stick with the defauly 1/2 cm smaller proper helm.

I only noticed one fold which seemed to not be needed at all which was on the base of the jaw between tabs 27 and 101 although that might have gone in to seperate the two edge pieces (you can see it on the pic above on the far right in about the middle).

Anyways now that's done its on to the real thing, I've got the jaw printed out so will be trimming and scoring today before assembling piece by piece.

Thanks for the great models once again :)
kewl, looks great. hmm ill look into that extra fold. no problem, glad you like em. :D

s-meister said:
And now my question for Sinjinsmiley. How tall are you, what scale did you use and did it fit okay? AND what do you people use for glue??? It's so clean and whenever I try to use something like hot glue it comes out looking really bad. Is it the glue or just me?
i use bostic for my glue then i tack the edges with superglue incase the resin doent like it (never used bistic and resin in the same thing, anyone know it they react?). yup, hot glue can be a paain in the kneck and in the fingertips but with a bita practice youll get the hang of it.

DoC ByTeS said:
Thank you for the peps! I hope I am doing them justice.

:eek: what? you... justice... do.. mine?? holy hell that looks great!! that rubber cement stuff has an amazing finish! you should definatly start a thread(i noticed someone started one for you :cautious: ) with a tut in it (if you have the time) cuz, i for one, definatly want to know how you used that stuff! it looks amazing!!!!

------

right the new chest is in progress but im afraid im gun have to put it on hold for just a lil bit cuza personal issues ganging up on me (it never rains but it pours). sorry bout that kids, shoud be back on track in a week or so.

s-meister said:
Ruze, what did you use for glue? How did you score it? How tall are you? And what scale did you use?

I use KrazyGlue (with brush applicator on the bottle cap); Steel ruler and backside of utility knife to score it; I'm 5'5 with a huge head, and sized it at 27.25 cm tall. I used the same height from the original H2 helmets that I made, unfortunately I didn't notice that the scale changed a little on this model so it is wider and longer than the H2. My new pep helm is a little big for me, I'm hoping to fix it with padding on the inside because don't want to put another one of these together.

s-meister said:

I'm 5' 4" but more importantly for helmets my head measurement is 23 which according to the scaling thread translates to about a 26.4 cm helmet height.

The default size of flying's helm is 26.5 so I just left it as default. We'll find out if all the conversions work soon enough ;)

Well for my first pep project this is fun and challenging, though I'm learning the hard way with the jaw and little tabs I should have built our from the center of the jaw... so gluing is being a pain. I've never done this XD. The jaw is almost done and I started on the top of the helmet, I'll have pics soon. Hahah mine definantley isn't as clean as the others posted on here, but, I think it looks pretty good :D

and now I'm nervous because I see people who are around my height coming up with bigger scaling sizes...

Well, guys Im finally back for abit. I managed to land two full reams of yellow cardboard paper for free!

WOOT!

I have the AR already built, which I will get to hopefully here soon as far as making it a solid replica.
I also have the plans for the helmet, and the torso all printed out.

I must say the helmet, AR, and Torso are awesome looking!!! Great job.

In contrary to an earlier post on another page. I dont mind the small pieces, especially since Im making a full blown 501st grade costume. Id rather spend alittle more time glueing small pieces on a paper mold, than hours sanding and smoothing out issues later with far harder to deal with materials.

Just curious squirrel, whats the ETA for the other parts???

I have a month and a half or so before I get to play out to sea for more than half a year. Im hoping I can get the majority of the costume built, or at least printed onto paper before Feb 08.

No pressure!!!

LOL

Thanks for all youve done man!! I can wait for the next .PDO file release!

Keep us informed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back