Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! FS turning wireframe junk into amazing renders since 2007!

I wish I didn't have a job and could just work on your models

flying_squirl said:
:D ;) see vidjo down the bottom
...cut...
FS

Something interesting there in Related Videos on page where your video is...
All related from Turkey :)
I believe it is because of tag "Mrk" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dope modeling videos :D It was nice to see ho you go about it, I don't feel like such a weirdo since you model in a similar fashion. You tube sucks ass in general, you could try Veoh, Blip tv or Brightcove since you can do better compression with them. Loving the Gorillaz and Tenacious D choons :D

I'm ALMOST done with the helmet, I have to attach the light aparatus to the sides and attach the tiny pieces to the back of them helmet :) And it's just the right size so I can put fans and padding in it with plenty of room :) Hopefully I'll have some pics tonight :D

nice, glad i cud keep up with most of what was happening, but im taking a few new tricks away from that :p
if ur addicted to xbl lets play sometime I know ive been getting way too many hours in, who needs to sleep or do assignments when u can play halo 3.
BTW i finally remembered to take a pic of this car thats always parked by our college,

Its the squirl mobile :D

loved the vids fs the music ties in great and the work is amazing, what kind of 3d work do you do when it's not halo related?

was that a symmetry modifier that I saw on there :p

i hate that modifier. working with just instanced geometry is so much less of a hassle

nice work on that so far though :)

DoC ByTeS said:
Wow! FS turning wireframe junk into amazing renders since 2007!

I wish I didn't have a job and could just work on your models
lol thanks. me too. acuialy, i wish i had enough money to move to a place clser to work so i can save on the 4 hour commute.

bevbor said:
Something interesting there in Related Videos on page where your video is...
All related from Turkey
I believe it is because of tag "Mrk" :)
yea, that was prity weird. theres a funky one of a jet too.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Dope modeling videos :D It was nice to see how you go about it, I don't feel like such a weirdo since you model in a similar fashion. You tube sucks ass in general, you could try Veoh, Blip tv or Brightcove since you can do better compression with them. Loving the Gorillaz and Tenacious D choons

I'm ALMOST done with the helmet, I have to attach the light aparatus to the sides and attach the tiny pieces to the back of them helmet :) And it's just the right size so I can put fans and padding in it with plenty of room :) Hopefully I'll have some pics tonight :D
lol. thanks. yea, im prity messy, i redid some bits twice or three times wihout relising. nice to hear im not the only one. hmm, i might do that. heh, did the lil 'cleveland steamer' bit come out propperly with mewtube? yea, i saw the pics in your thread. infact im about to go make fun of you now. :p j/k

dannifood4less said:
awesome **** FS, hey man you ever play call of duty4? if your ever on XBL find me,, gamertag is dannifood4less
nope, dont have it yet, plannin on gettin it durin the week thoe. illl add you tonight.

Datahar said:
nice, glad i cud keep up with most of what was happening, but im taking a few new tricks away from that :p
if ur addicted to xbl lets play sometime I know ive been getting way too many hours in, who needs to sleep or do assignments when u can play halo 3.
BTW i finally remembered to take a pic of this car thats always parked by our college,

Its the squirl mobile :D
kewl, well im glad you were able to see what was going on. haha. ill try get it in better quality. exactly, i love assesment mainly for the 'wooohs'-ing noise they make as they go by. OMG! i want that car!!! its even got a squirl on the dashboard!!!! oh wait... YOUR kiba113? ohhhhhh, i hadnt a clue who that was. sorry.

raven2751 said:
loved the vids fs the music ties in great and the work is amazing, what kind of 3d work do you do when it's not halo related?
thanks. heh, its acuialy quite boring, ill upload a pic or a vid if i can find one.

cgspartan said:
was that a symmetry modifier that I saw on there :p

i hate that modifier. working with just instanced geometry is so much less of a hassle

nice work on that so far though :)
blarg, i dont like usin the instance... i cant rember why thoe. i think its cuz i like the way you can slice and weld the edges automagicly.

-----------

em... i think ive killed my computer. i was playin halo with robo n a few others n i started laggin. then, the computer froze and my xbox just started showin the backround to the menus (ya know, the blue one with the ships over the ark i got a video of it, i might upload it). i turned off the comp n when i turned it back on it didnt show anything on the screen. i checked it this mornin n its still the same. :\ kinda worrying cuz alot of the originals of the models were on the comps hard drive. i have some copies of some of the final version but not all of em. :( hopefuly it'll be alright when i go home.

oh n will i bother recordin the rest of modeling of the mrk v?

any problems gimme a shout

FS

Don't worry ud have to be especially talented to wipe the models of your hard drive like that, theyll still be there... somewhere

As long as your hard drive is not making those loud whirring and clicking sounds, your data are still okay. You can install that drive on another machine. However, the rest of your computer may be toast (I hope not). :cry:

Your computer died again? I hope it's something simple, easy to fix, and that doesn't involve losing your data. As long as the HDD didn't explode or start grinding, you'll probably still have your data.
I've made sure that I won't lose my files if my computer crashes. I have the files backed up on 3 computers, my flash drive, and on 4-shared (not for the public though).

How old is your computer? My parents computer (the one I have to use), is ?7 years old?, and it's a Piece O' Crap. 256mb RAM, onboard video and sound, 80gb HDD. It still runs though. It hasn't had the BSOD yet. I just keep it as clean as possible, and format the HDD when it gets to slow.
I'll be getting a new computer soon though :D. Starting off with 4GB RAM, 512mb 8800GT video card, Core 2 Quad processor, 150GB 10,000RPM HDD :D :D :D

I've had my xbox go to the blue background screen (the Halo 3 blue screen of death?), and stay there. I've had to restart it a few times because of that.
I was wondering what happened when we were playing. You were playing, then you lagged out (not uncommon for you :(), and it said you signed out and didn't sign back in. Usually you lag out, and we meet back up in the lobby.

Now, the Mk V looks awesome, and I love the video. It has much better music than mine does (but then mine has no music :p). What program did you use to record it? I think I used SnagIt, then used Movie Maker to speed it up a few times. Keep recording every step of the process. A "From Design to Unfolded" video would be awesome:D

Hey fs while your adding more people to your friends list on xbox live do you mind sending me a friend request my gamertag is crackhead09 and im almost finished with the pep model of your recent helmet
your torso is coming along nicely with no warping (been kinda difficult because ive never done a torso before

and your older helmet is getting a glaze treatment and will be done soon

flying_squirl said:
thanks. kewl! gots any pics?

Yea heres a shot for test fit
torso002.jpg

and here is where im at now
torso.jpg

Keegan said:
Hey Twitch, would it be worth bondoing? Just Wondring

yea im still gonna do some light bondo work but its not like it used to be where you had to glob it on.

and I upped the scale to 40.6 I think. Not much at all.

raven2751 said:
if you can record it great, it's nice to see an artist at work
okeyday, i will. :)

Datahar said:
Don't worry ud have to be especially talented to wipe the models of your hard drive like that, theyll still be there... somewhere
lol, i think i got them back... think

Skullcandy Girl said:
gah bummer FS, hopefully it's just the motherboard (not that that's any better, but your data will still be around)
i think it was just having a bit of a hissy fit. i appears to be workin again.

Ral Partha said:
As long as your hard drive is not making those loud whirring and clicking sounds, your data are still okay. You can install that drive on another machine. However, the rest of your computer may be toast (I hope not).
*shudder* yea, i know that noise, thankfully it wasnt makin that noise. the screen just didnt show anything appart from blackness.

Robogenisis said:
Your computer died again? I hope it's something simple, easy to fix, and that doesn't involve losing your data. As long as the HDD didn't explode or start grinding, you'll probably still have your data.
I've made sure that I won't lose my files if my computer crashes. I have the files backed up on 3 computers, my flash drive, and on 4-shared (not for the public though).

How old is your computer? My parents computer (the one I have to use), is ?7 years old?, and it's a Piece O' Crap. 256mb RAM, onboard video and sound, 80gb HDD. It still runs though. It hasn't had the BSOD yet. I just keep it as clean as possible, and format the HDD when it gets to slow.
I'll be getting a new computer soon though :D. Starting off with 4GB RAM, 512mb 8800GT video card, Core 2 Quad processor, 150GB 10,000RPM HDD :D

I've had my xbox go to the blue background screen (the Halo 3 blue screen of death?), and stay there. I've had to restart it a few times because of that.
I was wondering what happened when we were playing. You were playing, then you lagged out (not uncommon for you :(), and it said you signed out and didn't sign back in. Usually you lag out, and we meet back up in the lobby.

Now, the Mk V looks awesome, and I love the video. It has much better music than mine does (but then mine has no music :p). What program did you use to record it? I think I used SnagIt, then used Movie Maker to speed it up a few times. Keep recording every step of the process. A "From Design to Unfolded" video would be awesome:D
wow, you sure are parinoid about loosing your files! lol. thata nice computer. the comp im using is a few years old and it a family used one. im guna build my own soon. ive put aside E2,000 (2,956.00 USD) for it :D. yea, it was realy weird from my point of view, i died and my hud dissapeared appart from the raydar but i could still walk around n see everyone else playing. very very strange. video is 'unreliable' unfortunatly. "It has much better music than mine does (but then mine has no music)" hahahaha, that had me laughing in work. yea, i relised 13 minuites was a bit long with nothing in the backround making noise. im using a free program called 'debuet' i think. heh, yea i used movie maker as well, couldnt get premier in work up and running. yea, i think i will record the rest, it seems prity popular, hahaha.

crackhead09 said:
Hey fs while your adding more people to your friends list on xbox live do you mind sending me a friend request my gamertag is crackhead09 and im almost finished with the pep model of your recent helmet
your torso is coming along nicely with no warping (been kinda difficult because ive never done a torso before

and your older helmet is getting a glaze treatment and will be done soon
okeyday, sure will. my GT it 'OHLOOK A SQUIRL'. just to let you know i probibly will forget so if i dont add you in the next few days add me instead n send a msg sayin your from the 405th. too many ppl are adding me cuz they just like the GT.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
Yea heres a shot for test fit
torso002.jpg

and here is where im at now
torso.jpg
hey there it is! i looks like a permiation when its at that stage. oh crap. the one where its on you, it looks a teeny but small. :\ did you use the size tester before hand? its kinda hard to tell at this stage so i could be wrong(hopefuly i am). and if i am, let us know what height you used for it. :)

Keegan said:
Hey Twitch, would it be worth bondoing? Just Wondring
TwitchFMX8811 said:
yea im still gonna do some light bondo work but its not like it used to be where you had to glob it on.

and I upped the scale to 40.6 I think. Not much at all.
oh you upped it?! oh then there shouldnt be any problems with it. but then again ive been so buisy modeling n workin that i havnt had a chance to work on my own one so i dont realy know.

---------------------

YEAY! the computer appears to be fine and so does xbl (i had to test it thoe just to be sure :p:lol: ) n all the models are safly backed up in multiple places. im guna try get another run at the mrk V this weekend (maby tomorow. hmmm.... *looks around wondering if anyone will notice if im not in collage*) n ill record the process 'for your viewing pleasure' n ill stick summore music on there too. ill see if i can find summore funny tracks to slap in there.

any problems or music requests for the next vid gimme a shout

FS

Glad to hear your computer is back up running the way it should. :D

Looking forward to more of the Mk V. I loved how your vids got honors for being on the most viewed in Ireland list. The power of the 405th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back