Halo 3 different shoulders permutations

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedg

Hi,i was wondering if there is any tutorial that show methods of attacking the different permutations plates on the basic MK VI bicep. i tried searching for tutorials or watching other buils but i didn't found what i was searching. so, how do i attack (in my case) a scout shoulder plate to the basic MK VI shoulder (without the MK VI plate, obviously).

Hi,i was wondering if there is any tutorial that show methods of attacking the different permutations plates on the basic MK VI bicep. i tried searching for tutorials or watching other builds but i didn't found what i was searching. so, how do i attack (in my case) a scout shoulder plate to the basic MK VI shoulder (without the MK VI plate, obviously).

go to the halo armor pepakura file index and download the empty shoulder (this is the piece that is titled Rerebrace or the shoulders that slyfo made)
these shoulders lack the actual mk 6 shoulder armor.
then attach your shoulder permutation of choice; either by hot gluing in the pep stage or by bondo in the hardening stage.

ta da your done. i used this process for my odst shoulders on mk6 base.

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00174.jpg
    DSC00174.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC00173.jpg
    DSC00173.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC00580.jpg
    DSC00580.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 193
do you mean to change out the shoulders? I always thought of really strong magnets. Mayber 2-3 in the bicept, and the same amount on the peice you attach. even velcro works.

@rick i used the file you sayd, my problem was how to attack the two shoulder pieces. they told me that even scres work well. but now i think i'm more for gluing them.

I assume you mean "attach" rather than "attack."

Building these costumes is 90% ingenuity, there's no one right way to do it and everyone has their own way. So, however you decide to attach the permutation pieces to your bicep base (bolts, glue, magnets, etc) is the right way for you (so long as they don't fall off). The real challenge is to make the permutations interchangeable (something I am developing with my ongoing Mk VI build), without being obvious.

Damn auto-correct i must stop posting with my phone...So, i found a little piece of "hard foam"? it's right the hight i need to make a better support for the shoulder pads so i'm going to glue them. thanks all for the ideas. i think i'll use bolts when i'll make an HD shoulder base and i'll start making all the permutations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back