Halo 3 Hornet Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblackwell1002

Sr Member
Hey folks!

Been a while!

So a while ago i started a project with Hitbox Workshop. He commissioned me to model a helmet for him for 3D printing and molding. Fast forward til now, casts have been made and i just finished up my personal cast.

Without further ado, here’s the finished bucket:
7DC6A5C5-CD72-47EF-BAFA-F96157DCC336.jpeg
I also took the time to make some foam inserts and lining. A little bit of sewing later and we’ve got a decent looking interior:
3F69FDD3-C474-4AD4-81E2-AEF927CF3778.jpeg
pretty comfy imo, lol.

I do intend to make another visor that’s silver, but that can wait a bit.

So i’m fairly sure i’ll work on the rest of the pilot sometime in the coming months, but i want to make the Doomslayer’s Crucible from Doom Eternal first.

Thanks for looking, folks. I remember i used to end with Papeesheewoosh, so i guess that’s what i’ll do.

Papeesheewoosh?

The perfect sexiness.
Thanks!
Didn't leave much room for fans but very Papeesheewoosh!!!
Oh there will be more with this build. Full armor on the way my guy. Either way, thanks a ton.

- - -

Over the next few weeks i’ll start modeling the armor. Don’t think i’ll be going the 3D print route, I definitely feel that foam will make a lot more sense, for most of the pieces at least. But i like to have templates, so I’ll model it low poly and see how that goes.

Now that my thread has died, I’ve finally started up on some more armor pieces.

First off, we’ve got the shoulders.
4B2D677E-BDB1-40C2-BE1B-F9CDA95F172D.jpeg
They were super fun and easy to assemble, and I coated it in some Leak Seal instead of Plasti-Dip.
image.jpg
I’ll be making a fabric sleeve of sorts for the shoulders that will strap around the arm, with the foam shell resting on top with some straps and upholstery foam padding to keep it secure and comfortable.

I’ve skimped on comfort and padding with several previous builds. However, I’ve decided to “learn” from previous mistakes (whatever that means) and put a little more time into padding things properly this time.

As of right now, i’m working on the chest armor:
0217BB76-B95B-4A4D-9582-8590C8EE6822.jpeg
still figuring out how to get the chest fitting comfortably, but it’s getting there. Straps, padding, and all that good stuff to go.

Til next time

View attachment 290125
...Imma steal that design for my marine build. :lol:(y)
Haha, go for it. Thanks!

Anywho, got the shoulder set all painted. It was super nice outside so i went ahead and got it done.
114BB49B-8E99-4B99-8B3D-BC8D6F371647.jpeg
It’s nothing special but it turned out good. I’m happy with it.
Next up, chest armor. I have it coated in leak seal already, but i’m going to figure out some sort of strapping solution before i show it off, but it should *hopefully* be good in a day or two.

Nice, I love the colour shade of the shoulder pieces! How did you make battle damage on the helmet? I am definetly adding this armor to my cosplay list.
Thanks! Weathering on the helmet was super simple actually. Just did the base color coats and then did some selective 'damage' in black paint. Then i did some silver paint on top of the black splotches. It results in some nice contrast between the base color, the black, and the bright silver. Then, just a very diluted brown and black wash.

Thanks! Weathering on the helmet was super simple actually. Just did the base color coats and then did some selective 'damage' in black paint. Then i did some silver paint on top of the black splotches. It results in some nice contrast between the base color, the black, and the bright silver. Then, just a very diluted brown and black wash.
Thanks, I'll definetly use this technique!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back