Halo 3 Marine And Mkvi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like the chest fit nicely ... about the layering padding , i used those cheapo soundproof mat used in cars .. i have plenty of leftovers and put it in .. comfy ... but a little hot tho ...planning to put two fans at the back chest piece ..

Where can I find the padding you reffered to? I planned on adding a Military style cooling system to the suit once it's completed. It works kind of like a radiator in a car or a water cooling system in a computer. If you like I can send you the specs for it and you can take a look and see if it fits into your buget.

im not sure where u can find it in your country but car audio shop should have it. theres 3,5,10mm thickness .. i use 10mm for the chest armor and helmet .. others depends ..

military style cooling ? got any references ?

I'm thinking of instead of making the MKVI helmet I'm going to use the Halo 2 ODST Helmet. I haven't started the MKVI helmet but I have a Halo 2 ODST helmet partialy completed. I'm looking for opinions from anyone. Remember I don't care what it is I'm looking for honest answers.

Here's some shots of the H2 ODST helmet.

Me wearing it :lol

0208000649.jpg

Side shot

0208000621a.jpg

And finaly the front

0208000621.jpg

Shadowshail said:
Its not just you, it is huge....It is the scale that is automatically set when you open the file. I worked on it then after i was done with it i found out it was WAY too big. Tekk came over and he tried it on and it fit like a glove! but i am a skinny little guy so it would never have fit on me anyways....*Sniff* back to making another one but scaled to me.....*sniff*

the same thing happened to me exept i resined, fiberglassed, and painted and detailed the stupid thing before it really clicked that it was too big

i ended up shooting it withan airsoft gun and giving it to a friend

Last edited by a moderator:
soul products said:
the same thing happened to me exept i resined, fiberglassed, and painted and detailed the stupid thing before it really clicked that it was too big

i ended up shooting it withan airsoft gun and giving it to a friend

LOL i try and make sure i can fit it before doing anything else. But see below for what i screwed up on this time! (lol)

*#UPDATE#* So i found out that my darn printer had a border option and screwed up my pieces when printing on the Gundam piece i was working on...so now i have the bottom half of a shield sitting in my basement that will never be completed....back to making halo armor....*sniff*

Shadowshail said:
LOL i try and make sure i can fit it before doing anything else. But see below for what i screwed up on this time! (lol)

*#UPDATE#* So i found out that my darn printer had a border option and screwed up my pieces when printing on the Gundam piece i was working on...so now i have the bottom half of a shield sitting in my basement that will never be completed....back to making halo armor....*sniff*

I forgot about that. Don't give up.

Well heres an update. I squished the M6D I had been working on and the flame grenade. The H2 ODST is coming along. Scrapped the MA5C. Postponed the MKVI armor untill the weather clears and it gets warmer(supposed to be in the upper 40s yet snowed all weekend and my snowboard is in storage almost 2,000 miles away :( ).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~PIC HEAVY~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty then! it has been a while since i posted something in this thread for me and Tekk's WIP and so here i go.....sorry if images are small i took them of my phone and transferred them to my PC:

Alright first off i made a lot of pieces and here is some of the pics of the individual ones:

041010232755.jpg

Both arm pieces! YAY i had one done a while ago and just recently put the other one together

Left Thigh:

030810194012.jpg

I got this one done in a jiffy as most who has made one knows it is not rocket science to make....

Left Shin:

041110232642.jpg

041210003732.jpg

041210005450.jpg

041210005501.jpg

041210005510.jpg

I was so excited about getting this done cause i think the shin piece looks just friggin cool!

and at the end of it all i put them together like most have done (well i did it with what i had done so far) and took pics of it!

041410184304.jpg

041410184316.jpg

041410184324.jpg

041410184335.jpg

041410184343.jpg

041410184353.jpg

Viola!

Alright now i am working on getting my chest piece done....again....and am trying to get it done by Wednesday, my church youth group knows i have a project going on and i told them depending on the status of the work i get done by then i may bring it in...of course if i bring in just the pieces i have in then i am sure no one would really get what i am making so the chest or helmet would be the perfect eye opener....that and i have done a chest before (Tekk's was my handiwork) and i have never done a helm yet so on a time schedule i am sure it would not have gone so well.

Well i will keep updated a little more now that i have put up some of my pieces...We shall see what happens!

Alright.....i hate to double post but i am not sure if me editing my last post is going to send my topic back to the top of the list cause i need some help.

Alright so i am finishing up the last of the 2nd chest piece i have done so far since starting this project and it is still too small....unless my small is somewhat different than what others say it is...so what i mean by small is the vent space on the top of the shoulders (Space between opening for arms and neck) still comes out over my shoulder. from the pictures i have seen of the suit made that part should fit nicely in the shoulder crevice, am i correct in this?

well here's some pictures of the whole thing now...(just working on the small bit on the outside right now and will have it done in less than an hour.)

042710111247.jpg

Now mind you all i did all of this last night....it was a long night....

042710122934.jpg

042710122956.jpg

042710123013.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<EDIT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alright since i already double posted and i wont triple post here is the edit part:

Got done with the other thigh piece for pepping so here is the pic of me with both on!

Picture0004.jpg

More to come but now i am taking a break and making a couple of sets of Indian Regalia for my upcoming Order of the Arrow Call outs happening at our Spring Camporee this year...which is in a week and a half...gotta get to work!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<EDIT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK So i don't have any pics today but i tested resin out on a H1 marine helm i made and a too large forearm piece i had lying around. It turned out pretty well and i don't know if im going to fiberglass the inside tomorrow or wait until next week. I still have to work on the Regalia so im stuck between two things....ugh...my life is crummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back